18 coaches online • Server time: 04:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Captain1821

Post 4 Posted: Oct 07, 2005 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

almost lazy copy of the first post of the forum of season 4...

5 Stars League, Season 5 is on!!!

New teams will enter the waiting list and play in The Abyss, until they enter the divisions.

Create your teams and apply for membership at the League page:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1657.
After you submit your team, post here so we know who applied first.

For those that don't know, the 5 Stars League is about teams with only 5 players.

Teams have to be official LRB rosters, unranked division. To create a team for this league, simply create an "Unranked" division team by the normal rules. Once approved, trim the team down to five players. You are only allowed to have 5 players on your roster upon application!

You can find more info at the League page.

Those that apply for membership now, will not enter the divisions, They will be put in the waiting list and play as much as they want in The Abyss which is an open round robin tournament.
We need ONLY really reliable coaches only. If you think that when you will enter the divisions, you will not be able to complete your games in time, please don't apply for membership.
Be prepered to play most games in europian times because most coaches are from europe.

Also, use this forum for general questions,
reporting problems,
and general trash talking!

And as the founder Nehver said...
Most important rule....... HAVE FUN!!!

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain has been annoyed at the lack of games played on time (if at all) this season and I can't blame him. Some sort of reward system might be what's needed to motivate players. How about each player gets x points in the tournament standing when the season is over, where x is based on the number of games played on time. Perhaps give 1 point for each game played at least 3 days before the deadline, and ½ point for each game played between 3 days before and the actual deadline. Some might think this unfair or unnecessary, but I guess most of us have tried to wait to play a game against someone who always schedule their games on the last day possible. It annoys the living daylights out of me.

So what do people think?

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

from my own experience, every tournament suffer his down once. this happens when then first blood runs out of breath. When it happens, you usually have to go in recruitement mode and replace them. So it is.

Reward doesn't help:

hey if he don't play, then the coach don't care so what's the point in giving him points while he don't care anyway

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Its autumn again, and it shows on tournaments. One vs One and Stunty Star are having major problems with people not playing their games also. Just gotta try to stay positive and tell runners of great tournaments like 5 Star that theyre doin great job and we are enjoying the experience.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

YEAH!

Captain you are are doing a great job! And one I wouldn´t wanna have. Very Happy

Keep going. We all love you!!!!

Wink Wink
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Its autumn again, and it shows on tournaments. --

How come autumn shows in tournaments? I'd figure people would go out during the summer holidays but why are the players skipping their games in autumn instead? Real life work takes too much time for the guys who just BB'd through the summer (they did that 'cause they know that in autumn they won't be able to BB)?

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2005 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

i second kharhumies here.

it has nothing to do with autumn!

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2005 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the help everyone. Lets hope that things will get better

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Autumn you say? Could be, could be.

Looks like I missed more than one season. Duh. I kinda forgot to finish being on summer holiday ;)

Congratulations to sk8bcn on winning the previous season, I guess mummies can't walk away with the trophy every time. Too bad.

-tane
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2005 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

tane wrote:
Autumn you say? Could be, could be.

Looks like I missed more than one season. Duh. I kinda forgot to finish being on summer holiday Wink

Congratulations to sk8bcn on winning the previous season, I guess mummies can't walk away with the trophy every time. Too bad.

-tane

A page is turned on the Dagger's history. All my previous big stars are now retired or dead. It's a rookie team that tries to stay in the top.

But Tane, it's time that you come kill Tricktickler's uber-chaos team!

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2006 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey
I have applied for a place in the Abyss. Just wondering when i can start, if my team is ok.
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2006 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,

I'm still waiting Asteroid 2 div to end. Very impatiently because I am now at an unhoped second spot after only two matches!!
On the other side, it might not be the best for my team to go up to meteor that soon, but I sure woul like it anyway Very Happy

Maybe a stupid idea, but I would like the idea of playoffs between teams who rise or drop in divisions. This would make it more difficult to rise and gives another chance to bad luck teams for some rebuild during the fall.

What do you guys think of it? Already enough games that aren't played? Or yez: more excitement with games with higher stakes!

EDIT: almost forgot! Thank you all for making this exciting league possible!!
Thunderchild

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2006 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say that sounds interesting, I think it is also a nice feature to fight for ascending or avoiding a decend makes it more earned...
G_Force

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2006 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I would agree with that and hope to see it implemented with effect from next season (after i allready get promoted Smile )

What i would really like to see is this league being pulled back into line after what was probably the disruption from christmas holidays. round 7 deadline is long ago passed but still there are unplayed matches. It is also a week since the playoffs semis were played but no final as yet.
Please can we push on to season 6 my team are going stale.

Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2006 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that all round robin games should be forfeited, finals should be played asap, and Season 6 should be kicked on!
I have my last game not played, cos my opponent haven't replied to my pm's, and neither of us could go to top 2. So I've informed Captain to just forfeit that game so we can move on.