45 coaches online • Server time: 23:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Record the length of...goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity:
Every low ranked coach can still play high ranked ones. But if a CR 135-coach challenges someone from the circle, with an equal team, I just expect the member of the circle to be so honest and tell the challenger, that he is likely to lose and for what reasons.
If the CR 135 coach still wants to play for whatever reason, that´s fine. He just sets a post in a designated thread and they can play. This group is not really about forbidding games. It´s about giving fairness to people that don´t have the experience in the game that some of us have.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... I guess I just don't see superior play as unfairness... If it helps others, go for it, I guess.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont think CR means that much.. you could be literally the best bloodbowl player in the world and happen to be unlucky and lose your first game here on fumbbl.. and your CR would be 149 or whatever.. and then the next thing you know Mezir turns you down for what could have been the best game ever played ever.... or something..

it all sounds a bit elitist to me.. but who i am to comment? im not in the top 5% of posters!

*runs away*

Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that post count is way more important than CR. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i think post count is much more important (as mine is problably higher than my CR)

YES GOT TO 50 POSTS

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

(its quite sad all you people who have actually checked to see what my CR is)

Post 18 Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The guy has got a point! Cool its better to play a game with someone at your same level of play as yourself, it makes for a better game if you win.The win is so much sweater than kicking the crap out of someone who never had a chance to win in the first place."YOU KNOW AM RIGHT"a close fight gets the blood flowing.

anyway who am i fooling, am never that good, but i am all up for fair good games.

must take my brain piles now! Shocked
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked Serious? CR isn't even a vaguely exact measure for predicting match results.

Gran

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Seriously, some Low CR coaches want to play high CR caoches to learn and grow. Not worried about my rating or theirs so much as becoming a better player. I don't like ideas that limit my choice of opponents

That's how I feel too. As a low to mid-ranker I really like to get a game every now and then against a coach who's much "better" than me. Not only do I learn from it, but should I win it's a great boost for both CR and confidence. Very Happy

EDIT:
@JOEPINEAPPLES: Well, don't be shy. You have 100% wins in Ranked... Quite impressive! Wink

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
wiry

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

CR in my opinion, doesn't say as much of the skill as the activity of a choach. some of the best choaches I've met got crappy CR and I'd rather play a fun game then worry about a number.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey this is pretty funny...

I'm #11 coach on Ranking.
I'm #11 coach on number of posts.

At least at the time of this posting. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you can found the Circle of the Eloquent then...

Members must be top 50 posters and keep that position while NOT spamming or using the words 'pie' or 'toast' Wink
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly enough I would qualify as a member of that group as well. Sad I have no life.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2005 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
EDIT:: Seriously, some Low CR coaches want to play high CR caoches to learn and grow.

Very good attitude.

I must say though that speccing games by the best and watching their replays has been more instrumental in making me a better coach than playing the best (I have done both).

When playing against the best coaches the game tends to get very complex and intense. Might just be a limitation that is purely mine, but when I get outplayed by a coach I don't always see how during the game. Then you watch the replay and find out what method of player placement allowed them to outdo you, or what skillcoiches made their team superior.

To summarize: Rookie coaches are better when they spec games of high ranked guys, instead of playing them and getting murdered.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2005 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I apologise for my newbie bashing past and going to try and get into the circle of the eldar, I will probably lose my rating in 5 minutes but i have decided that their is no point in continuing the way that i have been playing,
Just gotta get 10 ranked games now that meet the criteria.
 Jump to: