43 coaches online • Server time: 10:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday, I witnessed again, why coaches with CR 170+ are viewed as cowards who only pick on noobs and dodge every real challenge - because it is true for several fumbbl-members.
A coach (CR 174) who was a good opponent in my memory didn´t connect to a game after agreeing on it, because he got the opportunity to beat up some CR138 coach while having the superior team (8TS advantage) and getting a handicap.

Unfortunatelly, he is not the only one doing this and it seems like it´s getting more and more accepted among high-CR coaches to cherrypick the hell out of noobs, because their reputation is damaged by the prejudices about high CR anyways.

The Circle of the Elder is an attempt to fight these tendencies.

Being member of the circle is an honour. Whoever joins the circle is among the best coaches and staying in the circle will challenge your skills. The rules of the circle don´t force you to play games you don´t want. Being part of the circle just means, that you don´t play those easy games you could get.

The rules of the circle:
<b>How to become a member: </b>
- Have a CR of at least 175
- Make sure, you are prepared to lose your coach rating
- Play at least 4 different races in Ranked
- Make sure, your last 10 ranked games would not have caused ejection

<b>Benefits of being a member:</b>
- Being part of the Circle shows, that you are among the best coaches on this site. Congratulations, you have made it.

<b>How do you lose your membership:</b>
- Drop below CR 173
- Challenge a coach with a low CR, without giving him a handicap as stated in the following table:
opponents CR TS advantage to give
less than CR 143 -> do NOT challenge
CR 143 - CR 148 -> at least 12% of your TS
CR 148 - CR 153 -> at least 7% of your TS
CR 153 - CR 158 -> at least 3% of your TS
CR 158 - CR 163 -> do not have more than 3% TS advantage
CR 163+ -> open challenge

- Accept a challenge you would not have been allowed to make (as stated above) without telling your challenger, that you are at an advantage in this match and telling him why.
- Hiring stars or wizards before the game without either telling your opponent or stating with a large fond "This team will use its treasury. Ask about it before agreeing on the match." on the bottom line of your teambio.
- Altering in your team in any way after agreeing on a match to gain or deny handicaps or gain extra players.
- Serious offense against sportmanship

First infringement of the rules gives a warning (lasting 20 ranked games). Second causes

I am aware, that it will be hard, monitoring every coach, so this project will need the help of the community. It would be great, if the admins of the circle wouldn´t be part of it, so I am looking for people willing to administer the group. Everyone can report violations of the rules and I hope, that member of the group will be accepted as players of honor, DESPITE their high CR.

So please... give me feedback on this idea.

Last edited by CircularLogic on %b %08, %2005 - %19:%Oct; edited 3 times in total
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice plan CL, unfortunately at CR165 I have to cherrypick a lot to get to CR 175 Wink
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

CR 175+, eh? Guess I'll never be a part of this club...never gotten above 168, and bad streak of late has me in the 150's...

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The CR-minimum to gain membership could be adjusted - I just picked a number, that seemed really high. The limit could be lowered, in order to always have around 25 members.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think those rules are a good guideline to follow, even though I cannot be member of the club due to my low CR. I do dodge some games now and then, not because I think I would lose (the game), but because I have little to gain and much to lose (my team). Sometimes I will accept a game from a lower ranked coach, if I need a recovery game. I find it ridiculous that I am on the first page of the championship thingy, while I don't have the skill to back it up with.

btw, I'm not sure I understand the 4th criterium of becoming a member: make sure my last 10 ranked games would have cause my ejection from the group? Huh?

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting idea.

Shame I have 3 rat teams in R. Very Happy (and CR is too low too!)

Or do we make an exception for AV7 squishy teams? Wink

Last edited by Jinxed on %b %08, %2005 - %19:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

@Torsoboy:
I fixed the typo. It should read, that your last 10 ranked games should have been according to the rules.

@Jinxed:
There might be an exception, if you can show, that you had a team of another race with at least 30 games and 66% of them wins. Good coaches should be able to play with all races.
Ironik

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
CR 175+, eh? Guess I'll never be a part of this club...never gotten above 16o, and bad streak of late has me in the 136's...

By the way today I had a cherrie pie. Twisted Evil
Firestata

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

U know that there is only 38 coaches who got that CR and one of them is you. Mr. Green
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

He only wants 25 coaches in it.

Don't think I'll join as I feel I have nothing to prove and I'd rather take matches as they come and not have to start browsing through a table of "which match shouldn't I play". I turn down low-ranked coaches anyway.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Even me, Mez? My dream has always been to play you Sad

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

You can do that in U, then. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Bleagh... I don't do U..... well, maybe I'd make an exception for you.... Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Mezir, I am a little bit disappointed. I always thought you were playing by guidelines like this, giving weaker players a leg up against you.
So nothing for you would change.

I am just trying to take actions against things that made CR infamous and if you have a better idea or suggestions how to make this idea better - bring them on.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2005 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Make everyone play me!!!!

EDIT:: Seriously, some Low CR coaches want to play high CR caoches to learn and grow. Not worried about my rating or theirs so much as becoming a better player. I don't like ideas that limit my choice of opponents