48 coaches online • Server time: 15:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Korhil

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2003 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Vorner... Top 16 teams go through anyway.
So people with 2 wins should make it.
Dont stress, its not like this is seeded at all.

---Korhil
gigatron

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2003 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I am the coach of TR 100 that has to play against vorner. I can play only on working days early in the afternoon (I'm +1 GMT). I posted some ten thousand private messages to vorner and ve6neo and we tried to find a date for our matches. It was impossible, as one of them is -7 GMT and can only play after 23h00 GMT and the other one can play after 17h30 GMT (18h30 my time); I can promise I tried hard. Oh, and the third coach never answered my messages.

What I wanted to say is that maybe we should define some kind of 'official and public playtime' where coaches could say when they are able to play (this way we could definitely say who doesn't show up at a match). I mean that at the start of the league I already stated that I could only play that time, so did vorner and ve6neo; maybe this would have been a better criteria to assign matches.

Of course, I don't want to complain against vorner's win (1-0 or whatever) against me, I don't care about my TR 100 team, but I wouldn't like people think I left the league (in fact, I played 0 matches Rolling Eyes ). I could try this weekend to go to an Internet Café or at my parents', who have Internet, but also could ve6neo wake up at 3h00 in the night to play against me Wink !!!!

Sorry for any inconvenience, vorner; with the time we spent posting messages we could have played two or three matches!!!
shlominus

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2003 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

khaine´s fury_v2.0 3-1 external use only

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=16346

in both halves my 3 rerolls were used up after 3 turns. then double skulls or similar funny crap. add to that mojo´s amazing ability to get down blodgers without tackle and you get a nervewracking game. Smile
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2003 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hat Trick! 3 games, 3 stunning... losses.

External Use Only 1 vs 3 Khaine's Fury_v2.0 (shlominus)

Congrats to shlo on a great game.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2003 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The rules for conceding a Bloodbowl match are clear and absolute. If a player concedes, the rules state he must forfeit all winnings and MVP honors. Additionally, while not a direct exchange, the loser's fan factor goes down and the winner has an excellent chance of increasing his. That the loser is allowed to leave with his skin intact is miraculous. Essentially the match, and all benefits thereunto pertaining, go to the winner. These benefits are "conceded" as part of the match. There is no consolation prize, there is no second place. This is an unconditional "winner take all" affair.

In this tournament there are 15 points awarded to the winner and 5 awarded to the loser. They are then further adjusted to reflect the difference in score. A lopsided victory may give a point split of 20-0 or more. Conceding the match is as lopsided a victory possible. No amount of beating, thrashing, passing, and scoring is equal to a team "taking one look at your squad warming up and getting back on the bus." Please don't take that literally. Whatever the reason for one team not to play against another, they have handed the victory, the day, and all associated beneficial assets to the other team.

It would seem natural that any organization or event which recognizes the rules associated with conceding a match within Bloodbowl would extend these same principles to the event's scoring system. I am in favor of a winner taking the winner's share and the loser taking the leftovers. However, I feel you must actually play all 16 turns to deserve anything. The loser should concede the match, the winnings, the MVP honors, the fan support, and the total 20 match points. 15 for winning and 5 for their absentee opponent.

C.J.

P.S. Korhil: Teams with 2 wins will not make it. Especially if one or both of those wins came by way of concession.
r3

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2003 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

While I agree with CJ on this from a conceptual standpoint, 24 hours before the end of the 3-week first round isn't the time to go changing the rules. We all knew that coaches who didn't show would be considered to have lost 1-0. Nothing shocking about that, and two weeks ago would have been the time to address this properly.

And besides, if vorner had wanted to make it to the second round, he should have beaten me... Wink
( btw, he's scary, and I'm never playing him again Smile )
Shorty

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2003 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, r3. And, when I mentioned it to Quilwood on the opening day of the tournament, I stated that the change shouldn't be made after the tournament had already begun. That is exactly why I didn't bring it up in the forum then. Being that someone else brought it up, and being a valid arguement, I felt the need to voice my opinion. Thanks for the support and Vorner will get no sympathy from me. In fact, I could fail to advance due to this same situation. It's something to consider for the next tourney though.

C.J.
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2003 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are the 16 Coaches that will be going to the Semi-Finals:

Christer - 55pts
Evolve to Anarchism - 54pts
Quilwood - 52pts
Barash - 51pts
Ruxu - 50pts
Moxy - 50pts
R3 - 49pts
Numenoreans - 49
Rednight - 49
Perox - 48
Schlosser-Alt - 42
Sigellous - 41
Shlominus - 37
Ugly Toy - 37
Vorner - 37
C.J. - 36

If you have ANY discrepencies with this list please bring it to my attention Today March 9th. This list will be the offical list on the 10th. Thanks for playing Wink

Also, the 16pt vs. 20pt forfiet would not have had an effect on the standing Smile
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2003 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a matter of live and learn, unless you can get the consent of those most affected by any changes (those coaches who'd lose seeding or a playoff spot). That's how I'm handling any unforeseen happenings in the A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. Seeing as it really doesn't affect me, my opinion isn't too important, but I'd think a 5-0 default would be fair for those who's opponent just never showed up at all. But to penalize both teams with a loss seems a little harsh for happening to live in different times zones. In those cases I thought a tie for each of them would be the best choice. Either way, thanks a bunch for hosting the tournament Quilwood, I'm growing to appreciate the amount of work getting a good tournament up and running.

As Always,

Evolve To Anarchism

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=19

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2003 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool
r3

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2003 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

So, are we to assume that, should this list becomes official, what we see is the properly seeded list, and there'll be a standard set of single-elimination brackets?
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2003 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

There will be single elimination brackets, and the seeding will be hand done by me and my dart board. But, the higher ranked teams won't play right away though.
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2003 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

There will be single elimination brackets, and the seeding will be hand done by me and my dart board. But, the higher ranked teams won't play right away though.
Gimoboy

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2003 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe yea a tie btween me and korhil would have gotten us in teh 2 round hehe,new zealand and sweden isnt so close so to bad we both got zero pts ,nice tourney thou quil.
Korhil

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2003 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea, I should have 40pts]

---Korhil
 Jump to: