67 coaches online • Server time: 20:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2005 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on your team, but lets exclude the obvious first:
Leader (useless as BigGuys cannot use it here and even then a lino-skill)
Frenzy (you HAVE to follow up and throw a 2nd block... NO!)

Things that CAN be useful, but I wouldn´t recommend:
Dauntless (is sometimes useful to knock down ST4+ guys or Bigguys, but how often do they have the ball and surehands?)
JumpUp (Murphy´s Law dictates, that as soon as you have JU, you armor will always be broken - still useful in alot of situations - DPs love to foul JU guys, but they foul Wardancers anyways)

So it comes down to:
MightyBlow (doesn´t give you a direct advantage, in terms of increasing your chance to get the ball - still a good choice as you can target important lowAV players)
Guard (more a lino skill as you want him to do the hitting and not so much the assisting, which leaves him next to players - still a good choice as it can cause really headaches for your opponent especially with sidestep)

So I would say:
If you have another wardancer/catcher, who can do the actual hitting, take guard. If you want this guy to become the star - MB or dauntless. For nasty surprises: JumpUp
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2005 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

MB

Close second is JumpUp... mainly because many coaches forget about it.
And on an AG4 blodge leap guy it can be a match winner if they forget.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2005 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

just curious, but does no-one rate nerves of steel?, i would imagine it would be very useful on a throwy/catchy team....
not that i would know, cos i cant play elves very well.....
or any other team come to think of it Razz
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2005 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

pushbloke wrote:
just curious, but does no-one rate nerves of steel?, i would imagine it would be very useful on a throwy/catchy team....
not that i would know, cos i cant play elves very well.....
or any other team come to think of it Razz

I think the usual argument is that elves can already throw and catch without it.

I don't agree with it, but I think that's the idea. I happen to be rather fond of my WD with NoS. I get way more use out of it than Jump Up, for example.

NoS is a great pick. Just not a terribly popular one.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2005 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

dtless all the way

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2005 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:

Leader (useless as BigGuys cannot use it here and even then a lino-skill)

Note that leader can't be used on big guys anywhere since RR 2004.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2005 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Make a Poll Razz
Smess

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2005 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

After having tried almost every double on a dancer, this is what i think:

-Frenzy: rather not on a dancer, makes him les usefull as a cagebreaker
-NOS: realy not my favourite skill, comes in handy max 2 times per game, other skills way more. Makes it easier to score, but woodies dont realy have a prob there, so a more defensive skill is better
-Jump up: looks great on paper, but when my dancers had it i found it not as usefull and wished i had taken another skill (they always went stunned, got fouled, never could do the free blocks that JU gives you because surrounded by guards, still had to leap out to use all that move which of course failed, ...)

Mighty blow, dless and guard all were realy good, were often used in the game and real nice skills to have on a dancer.
-Mighty blow and tackle will let you do more damage against AV7 teams and take out good positionals like human catchers, gutters or witches. I'd recommend this one if you are planning on playing on playing many ballplaying teams.
-Dless is a must if you are planning on playing against bashers. You need it to create openings on the sideline to score (accompanied with a guard), or to take down bulls and chaos warriors with the ball, or just to get down dangerous ST5 players.
-Guard is a very underestimated skill for a dancer, I can tell you it realy realy rocks, especially when you have sidestep. It makes your dancer even more versatile than he already is.

Idealy I'd like to have: one dancer with dless and mighty blow (and tackle), one with guard (and ss), and a few more linos with guard (no doubt there on a double)
Telcontar

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2005 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Check out this side to see what others have choosen (note: page is old Bigguys were able to take block on a regular role)

http://fumbbl.com/skills.php

Wardancer (29%) Jump Up (15%) Pro (14%) Mighty Blow (13%) Guard (11%) Dauntless on Doubles

Wardancer (30%) Strip Ball (28%) Tackle (20%) Side Step (5%) Pass Block (4%) Shadowing on normal

To add my 5 cent NOS is for catchers and throwers your wardancers are the strike force not the scoreing maschines so give them skill that allow you get possesion of the ball or break oppo cages. MB GUARD DAUNTLESS all three are very nice indeed

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2005 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

i guess it depends how you use him. and so how your gonna develop him. i alwyas use with leap as a cage buster so get him strip ball and tackle then side step. with this ju or guard are good. nevres of steel i prefer for the catchers.
def909

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2005 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the suggestions!
It was really a hard choice, but I gave him JU. Should the doubles wonder happen again to a WD I´ll take MB, then Guard.
JRHartley

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2005 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

right after myn advice i just got a double on my second roll for my WD. already got strip ball. who reckons what?
Korenn

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2005 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

same story, guard.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2005 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

mb

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2005 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

dauntless ^^