68 coaches online • Server time: 20:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arcon

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Even a ST4 WD will not live forever.

Guard is not usefull on a ST2 player, in my opinion. Even with Blodge he will go down easily. It just takes a tackle ST3 player.

NoS could be fun, but I´d take dautless. Use the ST4 WD for Blocks, especially when you don´t play bashy teams. and Blitz with the dauntless catcher.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2005 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard is not useful on a ST 2 player? Think of it this way.... He's a MA 9 player. Would you like a guard assist available to you nearly anywhere on the field?

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2005 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally would take dauntless -- elves need all the hitting power they can get. It also means that he can hit ST3 guys almost as easily as anyone else on the team, and if you're willing, he can try for ST4 or even ST5 guys.

NoS would be my second choice - particularly if you have a lot of low spp linos to develop. You just have to resist the temptation to score TDs with him Wink

Guard would be a distant 3rd on my list .. not because it isn't useful, but because it is just as useful on a lino, whereas skills like dauntless and NoS are much less useful on linos than catchers.

Markus

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2005 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd take guard. its nice with blodge, sidestep and ma 9. and its easier to remove tacklezones of him. dauntless is nice too but needs tackle or stripball to be effective. so you'd have to skill him up to make him really usefull. --> could lead to ageing.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2005 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

1- Guard is a good double on a lino
2- Guard is an assist-skill. This means your catcher will be a LOT in contact with opponent's players. This means injures or death, either by block or foul, in less than 5 games.

Dauntless is much more useful, either to blitz your way for a Td against a good defence, or to take on those ST4 players with only one assist when it's you who is defending.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2005 - 08:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless, and don't think about it for a minute more. Tackle or Strip Ball next.
 Jump to: