42 coaches online • Server time: 09:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

So I finally took the plunge into PBEM (BB) which is Play By Email BB, and isnt fully automated like the client here, but it supports the Vault Ruleset.

Im a total PBEM Virgin but this guide is helping me with my teething problems!

I've started a Chaos team and a Nurgle team (Nurgle roster is really different in the Vault!) in the MBBL League

Starting a Chaos team with 1FF seems a big nono but actually it works out fine in the Vault, as FF is not near as important, which gives my boys a bit of a boost. Im really looking forward to developing the team, as I can choose mutations (not as strong) on normal roll now, and I wont be as scared if I challenge up in TV, as Inducements are more balanced.

Ive elected to kick and my opp has sent me back the file, so Ill play a bit more and let you guys know how it went!

Rob
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

seems my bad luck carries over into PBEM from FUMBBL!

First block, skull/skullpow, reroll skullpow/skullpow!

Hmmmm Wink
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe it's dice are using a good random number generator.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Only one way to find out arktoris.... join me!

But to be honest Im not as excited about a BB game as I am about this one!
Ironik

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah btw robbie how do you feel is this Nurgle team in comparison to the old team?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Much more interesting.

I avoided playing with/against with Nurgle in LRB, they were my first pick as new team in Vault, make of that what you will Wink

Much more intersting, exciting, I love the Decay rule, mutations on a normal skill roll make the tactical options really appealing and diverse!

Rob
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone feels like a game vs my Vault Nurgle team, then by all means join the MBBL and we can learn together, and help the playtesting while we are at it!

Rob
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

perhaps one day I'll try it out, but a game through email just doesn't sounds exciting. but if you 'd like, you can name an assistant coach after me Smile does that count as "joining you"?

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

its actually not too bad, you can type messages and banter during the game, abd the very good thing about it is that you dont have to be stuck at the PC for 2 hours, no disconnects, can exit the tool if the boss comes and not be banned after 15 mins Wink

Plus many of my games here, my opponents never speak anyway, or take ages to do their turns while I wait for them to stand players up, and if you keep good pace in PBEM, a game can be finished in a day or two!

What do you mean BB through email isnt exciting! BB is always exciting! I likely wouldnt have joined the MBBL for the reasons you stated, but Im keen to get some Vault BB in, I decided to take he plunge, and even though Im 3 turns into the match, its a lot better than I had thought!

PLus where else on the internet can you play brettonians, slann, Norse (with Ulfwerener), Dark elves (with assassins, SH runners or Dump off Throwers) Ogre teams with snots, Nurgle teams with proper rules!

Wink
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought the MBBL has a long waiting list....

Otherwise I would be willing to play. Don't play FUMBBL anymore because I cannot commit to 30 mins at one time.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

a day or two to finish a game? Yikes!

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

the "slow play" threads and this one have a strong contrast indeed lol and Very Happy
nin

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

...and good luck, I also like Nurgle with the vault rules (and I usually play elves...)
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

well im up to turn 4, my opponent is playing well, but got quad skulls, loner worked. He has a bit of wrestle, but Im using it to my advantage at the minute, using them as "safe" blocks as going down on a wrestle doesnt turn over, so I opened up his offence nicely and Ive KO'ed a blitzer, sacked the ballcarrier now i have 2 beastmen over the ball. Having the extra Chaos warrior really helps with the initial power of the team. Im going to try to wear him down for the rest of the half and hopefully be up some players for the second half Smile

Its turn 4 so far and things are looking good!

with regard to slow play, I dont mind getting a 2 turns played in an hour, as when I open the email, I know it will be my turn to play (except in extreme circumstances, like passblock), i hate sittong at a PC waiting for an opponent to select a square/ dice in Javabbowl, while i can be doing something else. you can even assign sidestep squares to your players in the event that they are blocked!

I like the challenge system in the MBBL, I like the way you can advertise a team and leave them and wait until you get challenged, or challenge a team, similar to Ladder

@BloodBasherMasher: There is no waiting list, just join up the MBBL at the link in my first post by posting in the forums and Galak will sort the rest, you will need the Vault PBEM tool as well as ronald lokers vault team creator, both available from that link!
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2005 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

well it sounds like a great way to play Vault. I've no other outlet for that at the moment.

good luck brownrob!