51 coaches online • Server time: 13:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BiggieB

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2005 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Round one will consist of the following matchups

France - Germany
The French lead by sk8bcn a coach with almost Napoleonic ability will try to inflict another Jena on this strong looking German team lead by BBs own Franz Beckenbauer Flix, a man who introduced a new way of playing skaven.

England - Spain
A talented England team led by the heroic team - approver mikafreak will face a grim challange as the Spanish Armada Captained by Captain Parroco will make a second attempt to conquer England. Will the Pirates of britain stand we all wonder?

Denmark - Finland
The fearsome Finns from the well known Grudge League looks to uphold another Mannerheimline against the Viking Danes who is led by the resourceful Mithrilpoint. The big question is if the Danes will be able to Finnish the Amazons off without tackle.

Austria - Hungary
And last but not least. Rival Stables Austria and Hungary will clash in epic struggle as the Hungarian stable is looking to take revenge on the hardships Austria inflicted on Hungary for almost 500 years. I can promise you Blood, I can promise you heroism, I can promis you BLOOD BOWL!
Meetgrinder

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2005 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Coming to you LIVE from the training camp of English Team "A rat called basil" we bring you this report.

"Here we are at Team Englands' camp, having just watched a friendly game played between two of the teams. Suffice it to say that their wasn't much friendship shown, but all the players have been raised (where applicable) or glued back together (in the case of the undead) and are ready and raring to go."

The commentator goes over to "A Rat called Basil's Captain, a Gutter Runner called... uhhh Basil.

"Well, eeez lyka zis. We ees gunna get theese eer ball anna runna uppada field, like, y'know? We eez gunna ope they donna catch us, cozza we go splatta when sumwun jumpa all overa our eds." he says.

"You have an accent. Where are you from?"

"My master eez a manuel. Eee come from Barcelona."

"Ahhh I see. Whom do you hope to play, having seen the opposition revealed now?"

"Well, we thinka dat tree is only good for cocking our legs up against, but dem Elves is gonna be real fast. Some say Nuffle don't like 'em too much, whereas we sacrifice our young to get lotsa luck."

"You do? My god, how does the skaven race survive?"

"We ave a new litter every 9 days, we hadda start sacrificin something cause callin us kids a name wiv a number on was gettin silly cuz we only count up to 8. Me, I got 30,000 unnamed kids, and dats just last months lot."

"Perhaps rats were bred with rabbits in the past then... So, you think the Elves are fast, but not lucky. Undead?"

"Dey is not fast, but kinda punchy. We needs to stay away from them. They smell worse than us."

"And the Amazons?"

"Hmmm. They got 4 mean girlies up front. Could be nasty cos they don't go down when you it em."

"I see. So who DO you want to play?"

"Ummmm." gathers others in a huddle. "Flingz?" he offers.

The commentator shakes his head. "There you have it, confidence at an all time high in the Team England camp. The Skaven team clearly fancies it's chances against Halflings, shame there are none in the competition! With a far higher average coach rating, the Spanish have to be favourites to win this group, but the English have an advantage in that ...uh..." flips notes. "They have an... uhh..." holds earpiece. "They... ummm. We'll be back after these messages."

Cuts to Bludweiser adverts....
G_Force

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2005 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

So being on home turf the English get to make the first choice for matchups......

mikafreak wrote:
Captain mikafreak of team England runs onto the battle field and off the other side, only stopping to tie her shoe lace as it threatens to trip her on a GFI... eerrmm, wait no, thats not right... oh yeah, CM lays down the gauntlet to Parroco and his crew of Spanish miscreants, to come and face the wrath of Englands mightiest (cowards) on the field of Doom.

Team Englands pick for first match up is:-

Glory Girls [TE] vs Spain Tour [ES]

May Nuffle shine on us all, the English all that is, you Spaniards get way too much shine in the guise of sun as it is Wink

And so it is set, the captains will go head to head and the alternates wait for the decision of the invading Spanish Armada.
Once again this great nation must defend itself from the ruffians across the water. Well we are ready and the undead players will not be the ones running home to mummy as they are bringing their mummies with them.

G_Force

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Matchup is set.

England Vs Spain
Undaed Vs Amazon
G_Force Vs Frikipe

9PM BBTime tonight
game start and connection IP or porxy will be announced at the time in #ISL

heinz

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Finlands #1 pick proved valuable, as Karhumies´ Norse beat mobo´s Undead 1-0. Havent watched the replay yet, but a normally reliable source repported that the Danish Dead Poets squad was outlucked Smile

In the second game - played simultaniously - the Danish stable took it's first victory as heinz' frontloaded humans outcassed and outscored Lander's Amazon - poor girls just couldnt stand the freezing blizzard, that roared the stadium. I hope coach Lander treat them with a classic Finnish Vodka-Sauna-Remedy. The Danish Taxpayers will be rewarded a full Danish X-mas lunch with lots of fatty pork and snaps.

So it's Finland-Denmark 1-1, and up to Erod and Mithrilpoint to fight for the first round win. Gogogo rats!
Lander

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Santa has declared Denmark to be left off the gift list and put on the coal list. "In to the coal mine, Elves and Women!" yelled Santa "now you have to dig enough for the whole Denmark!" as he got the information that Team Koskenkorva lost 2 out of 3 matches. Only his trustworthy bodyguards played good enough to get some spiked hot coco that Mrs. Santa had made.
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Denmark 2 - 1 Finland

Having taken care of the Finns the Danish delegation sat down for a cold beer and snaps, discussing the events which had taken them so far. The mood was good despite of Mobo, chief necromancer, mumbled something about his opponent not breaking properly and drinking while playing and 2dpowing own choice his mummies with fearless vikings. But they all agreed that the team as a whole came through and that was the important thing.

Looking forward to the next opponent, Hungary, led by renowned coach Burnalot they agreed that it would be an ugly matchup. But they were content to see that the hungarians had not come to as great a start as them, losing their first match.

In the end when the night grew long team Captain Mithrilpoint spoke: "Things are looking good...no doubt about that. But stay focused, this thing is far from over yet..." And then he looked gloomily at his teammates who, at best, seemed to think that he was a drama queen.

M

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The Grand Battle of wazoo the Hungarians slaughtered the opposing austrians like a tornado moving trough a groove of trees. Its rumored that the Highly educated and cultural Hungarians where encouraged by the following poem before the match:

Rise up, Magyar, the country calls!
It's 'now or never' what fate befalls...
Shall we live as slaves or free men?
That's the question - choose your `Amen'!
God of Hungarians,
we swear unto Thee,
We swear unto Thee - that slaves we shall
no longer be!

For up till now we lived like slaves,
Damned lie our forefathers in their graves -
They who lived and died in freedom
Cannot rest in dusts of thraldom.
God of Hungarians,
we swear unto Thee,
no longer be!

A coward and a lowly bastard
Is he, who dares not raise the standard -
He, whose wretched life is dearer
Than the country's sacred honor.
God of Hungarians
we swear unto Thee,
no longer be!

Sabers outshine chains and fetters,
It's the sword that one's arm betters.
Yet we wear grim chains and shackles.
Swords, slash through the damned manacles!
God of Hungarians,
we swear unto Thee,
no longer be!

Magyars' name will tell the story
Worthy of our erstwhile glory:
We must scrub off - fiercely cleansing
Centuries of shame condensing.
God of Hungarians
we swear unto Thee,
We swear unto Thee that slaves we shall
no longer be!

Where our grave-mounds bulge in grey earth
Grandsons kneel and say their prayers,
While in blessing words they mention
All our sainted names' ascension.
God of Hungarians,
we swear unto Thee,
no longer be!

this makes it 1 - 1 stay tuned for the decider
grandw

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2005 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh you kicked out the austrians and welcomed the russians (to be no more slaves) Smile. Now you got the EU, dream on.....

I like that poem anyway. Hungarians won the most Noble-Prices divided by population and they got a bunch of real good Blood Bowl coaches (like BashyB).

We make better music an pie.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2005 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the France conquest made a revoltion to free thus the elves left. France called to arm and got the help of skavens and orcs.

"Allons enfants de la paaaatttrrriiiiieeeee
Le jour de gloire esttttt arrrriiivvvvééééé"

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

SPAIN 2 - ENGLAND 1

Finally the spanish armada take revenge on trafalgar Wink
heinz

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2005 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The second round clash between Hungary and Denmark is set up for smacking.

Burnalot's cheasy cheaters will face the hardhitting undeads of coach mobo. Will the saw run, will the mummies pow, how many players will stand on the field after half time?

Group game number two will feature Mithrilpoints fast rat's vs. the rr-ladden human team coached by Angelface. As long as the armour holds the rats should be fine, but a potential cas fest could ruin the scoring party.

Ultimately BiggieB's orc will have a go at outcaging my own humans. Though orcs are always tough to face, ill give it my best shot to bring it home for DK.

Hard to spot a clear favorite in this matchup, but Denmark will use all means to stay on the top spot of the group.

Game on!

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2006 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Two games have been played in the Hungary vs. Denmark match....a lo it has been two great games.

First off, our brave coach Undead coach Mobo took on Burnalots Goblin Cheaters in an epic clash that had it all. Cas, a single TD and off course...the right winner Smile. 1-0 for denmark.

Secondly The Danish Captain, Mithrilpoint playing Rats faced Angelface´s Humans in a rather messy match that was nailbiting to the end. I tried to secure the win for denmark by quickly getting a 2-0 lead but the rats didn´t prov to have that much staying power on the field. Very exciting all the way and immensly frustrating. BB at it´s finest.

Now the score is Denmark 1,5 - 0,5 Hungary. BiggieB has a chance of at least saving Hungary´s honor against Heinz who only needs a draw to see Denmark through...stay tuned..

M

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

In the final game of the Hungary - Denmark matchup the valiant poets of hungary charged the fields of Ketchup, they fought like warrior poets they fought like true orcs. And Destroyed the danes. In a free country such as Denmark our spies report people get laid quite much. And that was pretty much what the humans did. They lie down, either on the pitch or at the doctors, an unkown danish supporter commented "the second half can pretty much be described as three men and an Ogre on their back." With this victory Hungarys honor is saved. Looking back at this matchup I must say that all three games have been exciting and fun Very Happy
heinz

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, the Danish Tax Payers sure got wooped big time by BiggieB's soldiers. I would say that Angelface's good paint job on the orc pic's already gave the green ones an unfair advantage. I barely managed to keep the orcs from scoring in 1h (failed gfi-defense succeeded), but recieving 6 vs. 11 in 2h made the chances of pulling the draw theoretical. Well bashed BiggieB!

Denmark 1,5- 1,5 Hungary