26 coaches online • Server time: 02:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wraith

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
I tell you why the bears get no respect...... no offense. They played in the weak NFC north and got to play the NFC South. There are a total of 2 decent QBs they faced (Delhome and Vick). Now say what you will about that blowout of Carolina, i don't see the game going down like that again. In a close game, look for the quarter back with playoff experience (Delhome is something like 5-1). Either way, Peyton or Brady will expose that defense. I would like to see the bears make it to the superbowl but i think Carolina is a tough test.

As for Grossman......

Rex Grossman comp:20 att: 39 Yards: 259 Comp %: 51.3 Yards Ave: 6.64 Points: 54 TD: 1 TD%: 2.6 INT: 2 INT%: 5.1 Sack: 1 Yards: 9 QB Rating: 59.7

Dilfer was better Rolling Eyes

__Synn

Weak schedule? Cincinati, Pitsburgh, Tampa Bay, Washington, Carolina, Atlanta, Minnesota x2...not any weaker then what Seattle played. Also, Delhomme and Vick had such awesome games against the Bear's defense Rolling Eyes

The Carolina game was in fact a blow out (as much of one as a Bear team lead by a rookie 2nd string QB could have). The only FG the Panthers scored was in the fourth quarter...8 sacks is ridiculous in any NFL game (especially by only the front four). Let alone a playoff caliber team. You also seem to think stats from years ago mean anything. The Panthers are a completely different team, do you think Brady would have gone 10-0 in the playoffs if he didn't have a good team backing him each of those three seasons...or do you think Orton would have had a 8 game win streak if not for an amazing defense and a good year from Thomas? The only game you can use as a comparison, is the first match between the Bears/Panthers, because it's basically the same teams playing. Can things go differently? Of course.

The Bears deserve a lot of respect though, a team with a rookie 2nd string QB winning 11 games is damn impressive. They may not score 28 pts/gm, but they still win games.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Kenty wrote:
Officials give the game to Denver with imaginary pass interference calls.

Ain't it funny how the losing team always finds excuses...

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

God, what an ugly game.
Bronco's offense produced nothing.
Every time things were going the Pats way, they turned it over in spectacular fashion.
The ref made some terrible calls in the last few minutes but Brady's throw for the 99 yard interception return was terribly misguided.
Depressing. Oh well, there's next year. Perhaps the Colts can finally win now.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Just like to point out my predictions are 2 for 2 so far. So everyone who thought I was wrong about the Pats gonna back off on Chicago? Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha. I'd rather see the bears win.
Without Ditka, they're not so unlikeable.
Hmmm. I wonder if I could like the Steelers without Cowher...I doubt it.
rainbowsoldier

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 06:55 Reply with quote Back to top

an end to a magnificent run for the patriots though, shoulda done better today and tried for 4!

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Finally, i was getting really sick of seing those bloody wonderboys in the superbowl.

But now i have to cheer for the Bears since Bucs are already out.
Mordus

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Kenty wrote:
Officials give the game to Denver with imaginary pass interference calls.

Ain't it funny how the losing team always finds excuses...

Actually it should have not been a pass interference call which could have dramatically changed things from that point on, so yes it very well could be the truth. Watch it, if pass interference was on ANYONE it was the offense, but oh well, I didn't care one way or another about that game lol. Only reason I voted for the pats is because I have not watched a single Bronco's game this season and had no idea about their players, oh well heheh (that and cause everyone else hates them Shocked ). Who did I say was going to win between the Bears and Panthers again? lol
Well I'm 1 for 2 and the one I really cared about was the 1 that I got right wooohooo. Shocked

Edit: OH yeah, I didn't call a winner on that game... so I can't lose... sweet.

Kenty

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It's all good, now Indy can humiliate Denver next week. Denver will be lucky not to lose by 20. Ridiculous way for the Pats to go out. Although nobody can fumble 3 times on the road and expect to win the game.
lupus.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Kenty wrote:
It's all good, now Indy can humiliate Denver next week. Denver will be lucky not to lose by 20. Ridiculous way for the Pats to go out. Although nobody can fumble 3 times on the road and expect to win the game.

We'll see its not over for any team yeat and even one having a great season can mess it all up at the end...
AlanHasek

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

well i gotta say buccanneers all the way to the big show and ther prize, i also vote Carnell "Cadillac" Williams for the potential position of Season MVP and madden all star.

Go Bucs
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

AlanHasek wrote:
well i gotta say buccanneers all the way to the big show and ther prize, i also vote Carnell "Cadillac" Williams for the potential position of Season MVP and madden all star.

Go Bucs

While i fully agree with you, its already too late im afraid.
warknight

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be happy if the Seahawks just GO to the Super Bowl. Of course, I'd love a win, but I'll take an appearance. The 'Hawks worried me in that game against the 'Skins yesterday. Hopefully Alexander will be able to go next week against either the Bears or Panthers. But I think it will be Seahawks vs. Colts.
Redarrows

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

this year the win the superbowl the Colts sure Wink (they are very strong only lose a match)
ChangoLoco

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2006 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

three quarters down and the steelers are looking pretty good. while i completely understand why the colts get so much recognition, i will be so happy if they lose. everyone has overlooked the steelers, and it would be nice to see Bettis go out on top