16 coaches online • Server time: 07:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Meech

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

So here is me eating Crow. I think I got ALL the games wrong. This had to be the worst officiated Playoff weekend better. I am a Patriots fan, but I think I just found out that the NFL Refs are Colts fans. That interception was just wrestched. Sorry, that incomplete pass was wretched. The best part of the was watching Polamalu's reaction. He didn't jump around and scream and act like a multi million dolar baby. He lined up and almost picked off the NEXT PASS. He is my new favorite player in the NFL. I am a converted Steeler fan for this playoffs. I still hate Manning. He could learn a lot from Polamalu.

Now on to my beloved Patriots. Yes, the officials sucked, but NE cost THEMSELVES the game. 5 turnovers? Please, you cannot win like that. Denver did what NE has done to win 3 of the last 4. Bend don't break and get turnover.

I think the NFC championship game will be great. Steve Smith is a lot of fun to watch. So is Alexander if he plays.

Grats on your predictions Mac, this is why I don't gamble.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Technically, according to the rules, if a player loses control of the ball when he hits the ground, it is not a completion. This rule was put in place for good reasons. In this particular case it was coupled with the rule that a player is considered down when a knee is touching the ground.

I think youre wrong on both rule interpretations:

1. If he has control over the ball before falling down, it is still a completion (or interception in this case). Control is established when the player has the ball safely tucked away and makes two steps. That was clearly the case here. If he loses control later on, it´s a fumble and not an incomplete pass.

2. In the NFL a player is considered down, when he touches the ground AND was at least touched by an opponent (to make him go down or while on the ground). If not, he can stand up and continue running with the ball. Polamalu was all by himself on that play. He wasn´t down by contact or anything. Note: This is different in College Football.

Like otherswrote before, the NFL released an official statement, calling the referees decision wrong:

http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9168866

And yes, Troy Polamalu is a heck of a player. Watching a good Strong Safety play is lots of fun.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Lauth81, I'll take the statement of the NFL, but your point number 1 is wrong (unless my memory is completely faulty). Polamalu (who I love), did fall to the ground immediately after making the cath, he did not take two steps first. I know the rule is (relatively) new, but if the ball pops out when you hit the ground, if you did not "make a football move" in between the catch and the fall, then it is an incompletion. I am glad the NFL made the statement, as I said above, it was a BAD call.

Now. Who's rooting for a Wild Card Superbowl? Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I am rooting for Pittsburgh because of Polamalu. I like Carolina as well. I usually root for the "underdog" when i have no real interest in the games.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Panthers all the way! Smile
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

if seattle wins the superbowl, hell HAS frozen over.

Looks like Denver over Pitts

Carolina in an upset, cant stop Steve Smith

The ERA of OVERACHIEVING IS OVER!! PATS ARE DONE!!

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Carolina held Tiki Barber to 41 rushing yards. How many will Alexander get? I say max 70. And Peppers will sack Hasselbeck at least once if he plays.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, DW, my basis for Denver missing the bowl was the no-huddle thing, but I'm stuck with Pittsburgh. If Ben can stay that accurate, they should have a good chance, though. I don't like the 'Hawks, but I think they'll have the edge with Alexander healthy. We'll see, I can handle missing a prediction if it means a Wildcard-Wildcard superbowl!

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

NE haters are funny, they claim the Pats overachieve. I think they underachieved against Denver and paid for it. I will still gladly take the three rings in four years. Should be a fun playoff run. I want a Troy Polamalu wig to wear around the office!

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I´m glad neither the Redskins or the Colts made it. Can´t stand them. Actually I have some sympathies for all the teams left.

Would have been nice, if the Cowboys made it into the playoffs.

btw. Macavity, you´re right on your response to my post. I thought Polamalu had done that football-typical move (running with the ball) before falling down. I remembered the situation that way, but watching the replay told me otherwise.

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

My beloved Falcons did not make it either.... We can drink beers with our tears!

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

My quess is (oh, wait. I KNOW, so I don't need to quess) that Steelers will win Donkeys, and Seahawks are going easily to XL Bowl.

So there will be Steelers-Seahawks, and I'm going to bet my money on Steelers. Did so against Colts, and won. Easy money Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Goooo Steelers!

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Istarios wrote:
Carolina held Tiki Barber to 41 rushing yards. How many will Alexander get? I say max 70. And Peppers will sack Hasselbeck at least once if he plays.

And Thomas Jones averaged 4yd a carry (20 rushes for 80 yards) against Carolina. Do I think Alexander is as good of a running back as the hype? Not particularly, but he does have a pro-bowler leading the way on half his runs.

If I was Carolina though, I'd be more concerned with my secondary after what Grossman did to them. Also take into account that in the first few drives, half the passes he threw were dropped by the recievers. Carolina got very lucky against the Bears, imho 17 of their points were given to them by Bear secondary mistakes. I don't forsee Seattle making the same mistakes this weekend.

As for the Steeler/Bronco game...Denver is a live by the blitz defense and Pittsburg is deadly with the screen/trick plays. It'll come down to how the Steeler's defense plays.

Carolina vs. Seattle, edge to Seattle.

Pittsburg vs. Denver, edge to Pittsburg.
Psilocybe

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2006 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Ithilkir wrote:
Enkeli wrote:
BTW, what is the date for Super Bowl?
Same Sunday as the Dutch Open i think

If im not mistaken the date is FEB 16... 10 before my birthday. Smile

http://snigernissen.mybrute.com
 Jump to: