18 coaches online • Server time: 04:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>The Fluff Contest</b>
The Grudge League will now hold a tournament fluff contest for Season 2. To participate, send a rough plan of a tournament to Karhumies (=me) as a site PM. The best tournament ideas will be used in Season 2 of GL (after some fine tuning made by Karhumies).

<b>Prizes:</b>

1) Respect & fame:
- Best tournies will be used in Season 2
- Tourney fluff will always mention the original writer

2) Concrete prizes (GL season 2 group points & stuff):
- The writer of best single tournament fluff will receive 5 league points at the beginning of season 2 to all of his teams. A public vote will decide the winner of this award.
- When a tournament planned by you begins, your team to take part will receive a single (= 1) tourney point at the beginning of the tournament. This point can be very helpful when it comes to playoff spots.
- When you plan a tournament, you can add some extra rules which will benefit your team in particular Wink

3) Staff member spot
- Best fluff writers are offered a staff member position as official GL fluff writers. You don't have to accept if you don't feel like becoming one.

Season 2 schedule (rough sketch):
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3149
Tournaments in <b>bold</b> have got their fluff about ready
<b>10 tournaments are still missing the tourney fluff!</b>

Last edited by Karhumies on %b %06, %2006 - %22:%Mar; edited 3 times in total
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2006 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

For reference, here is Season One tournament fluff:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2530

Drud

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2006 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I got some great fluff!
How about a tournament called Little Grudge Bowl, where all the secondary and/or low TR teams participate, since they can't join the Great Grudge Bowl?
WAIT! We already have that! I'm brilliant! Now gimme my +1 point so I can make it to the playoffs Smile

On Topic: I'll start wondering today, and hopefully post something... sometime... maybe. I promise I'll think about it.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Drud wrote:
On Topic: I'll start wondering today, and hopefully post something... sometime... maybe. I promise I'll think about it.

Oh, you better should write something. Smile
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Playoff Formats for Season 2 have been standardized:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3157

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 2 tournament fluff and awards-page has been created, although atm it is looking rather blank:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3149

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

General information & changes for season 2:
- amount of race slots per race still under discussion, currently we have 5 slots per race
- 6 tournaments in the season, always three simultanoues tournaments
- only a single KO tourney, as the last tournament of the season (drop-outs got bored during Season One)
- New Swiss & Round Robin scoring table: 10 - 5 - 2 (more points in relation to KO matches altogether, win+loss = 12 > two ties = 10)
- KO & playoff scoring will remain the same
- New league standard: each tournament will last for about 7 rounds (incl. playoffs)
- A single headhunt vote after each tourney
- Open Round Robins for TR boosting between tournaments. Open for TR 130 and below early in the season, for TR 150 and below late in the season.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Next season, there will be 3 player trophies per tournament. All three will never be "playoffs only": there will always be 1-2 trophies to be acquired in the regular matches.

Drud

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2006 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been considering this suggestion for quite a while, and I haven't found any real drawbacks yet, so I figured I'd go ahead and post it:

New Group Page
This might sound like an odd thing to do, but I feel it's a really good idea:

Cons:

* Every team would need to re-apply (or be invited) to the new group page

* It might be a (small) hassle for Karhumies to make the new group page and copy-paste the info on the old one to the new one, and accept/invite all the new teams, and also give the current GL Staff staff-status again.

Pros:

* No tournaments in the group page!

* If every tournament/division has it's own group page (which would of course be linked from the main GL page), the redline/deadline-coordinators could group PM all the people in the tournament/division, lowering the spam-amount for all coaches (no more PM's with redline's for other divisions).

* No old tournaments in the group page between active tournaments and Group Members.

* No tournaments will be minimized due to many simultaneous tournaments running on the same page!

* A lot less clumsiness in the main page, and a much smaller one as well. Also easier to find your own tournament (through link on GL group page, or from your own Overview-menu) fast.
Drud

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2006 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just bumping this up since there were absolutely no replies... I still feel it's a good idea, even though I'm neither playing in, or coordinating one of the tournaments that has been hidden.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

If all of the tournaments would have their own group page, I can't see a reason for making a new GL main group page.

During the second season, each tourney WILL have its own group page. Each tourney will be played on that group page. Tournament points will be tracked on that separate page. GL main group page will be used for marking the total amount of league points collected.

<b>Pros:</b>

1) I will leave for the army in July. The easiest way to start and run any tournaments (without giving away the founder position) is to have someone else create the separate group page for each tournament.

2) Easier to follow the progression of each tournament

3) No "cluttering" of tournament divisions (when there are many, some divs are not shown on group page)

4) Tournament-specific rules can easily be seen on the tourney page

5) Makes the tournament application process simpler (apply to tourney page-> staff accepts application-> create divs to the tourney page)

6) GL main group page will work as a scoreboard for the season

7) Tourney PMs are much easier to handle

8) "Inactives" = people currently not signed up for a tournament will receive MUCH less spam

<b>Cons:</b>

1) More pages to keep track of

2) Making & upkeeping more pages = more work for staff
Drud

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The Main reason for making a new Group page was to get rid of those old tournaments. You can always see the 5 or so latest played... and they'd stay forever.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Drud wrote:
The Main reason for making a new Group page was to get rid of those old tournaments. You can always see the 5 or so latest played... and they'd stay forever.

We have many coaches in "vacation mode", as per league rules. Inviting them over to the new group page + keeping track of the race slots simultaneously = work.

Is seeing the past 5 tournies on the group page really THAT bad? Besides, I think it would be great to have all playoff games on the main group page...in which case the last 5 tournies would circulate.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

nope isn't IMO

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the suggestion by Karhumies sounds good.

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
 Jump to: