17 coaches online • Server time: 04:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Celestial

Post 22 Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, me and the chaps at work are stuck behind a nasty little firewall and switch that disallows us from playing against each other even though our computers are right next to each other so, for fun, we download our rosters and play against each other on one computer. Now, I atttempted to report the result with my team and it throws both of our teams into waiting status. Now, when my friends attempt to upload the result, it says you can only report results for your team.

So, the long and short is, can you in fact report matches played on a single computer by two differants accounts?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

no (short answer)
zerkalo

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes you can. Another player plays on Internet explorer, another on Firefox, for example, so the ip's are different, and there should be no errors.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

zerkalo wrote:
Yes you can. Another player plays on Internet explorer, another on Firefox, for example, so the ip's are different, and there should be no errors.

ok, however, but they still can't upload their played result
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

zerkalo wrote:

Using different browsers doesn't change your IP address.
lukastrika

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

and they certainly were not playing online.. if they could do that, there'd be no need to use just the one computer

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Your friend tries to send a wrong file.

There should be these files on the computer: MyTeamVsFriendsTeam.zip and FriendsTeamVsMyTeam.zip

Just try to upload the other file.

Or both try to send both files.

I have played games on the same computer (different browsers), and it worked.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Using two browsers will create two result files (one for each time) so that would allow each to upload. But that's not something you should be doing. So don't. Use different computers. Or play table-top. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand the possibility of exploiting the situation playing the game on one computer(one person playing two accounts and what-not) but we just want to enjoy some casual games of BB against each other and actually see some progress(or dead players in my case:P) from all of our games against each other.
zerkalo

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see nothing wrong with playing on the same computer.. I have 3 computers at home so it wouldnt be so hard to cheat with playing on 2 computers. But playing against other person is much more fun. And more fun playing in the same room, than on different room, or different country... But if you play more than 10% of your games against same people, then it should happen in Unranked.
Celestial

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yea, we are all unranked and, well, we don't really play against anyone else. We just would like to progress a bit, buy new players, upgrade players, etc etc.
razta

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Start 2 clients on the same machine. ive done that like one time vs a pal of mine in a small U torunament we had.
Celestial

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

razta wrote:
Start 2 clients on the same machine. ive done that like one time vs a pal of mine in a small U torunament we had.

How would you go about setting that up?
razta

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Start client 1. Start as server with fumbbl login on, login with the teams login.
Start client 2. Start as client with fumbbl login on, login with the other team. Set Localhost as server adress.
Celestial

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2006 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

razta wrote:
Start client 1. Start as server with fumbbl login on, login with the teams login.
Start client 2. Start as client with fumbbl login on, login with the other team. Set Localhost as server adress.

Ah, guess it won't work then. The firewall here disallows any connections like that.
 Jump to: