29 coaches online • Server time: 01:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is it ok for a tournament organiser to play in their own tournament?
Yes
91%
 91%  [ 82 ]
No
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 90

Melmoth

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The only problem I see is that an organiser can manipulate schedules. But to prevent you can use the dice generator from TheBot. Just type bb result d6 (or whatever) while other league or tourney members are in Chat so they can watch the results and there will be no misuse.
Scratch

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

that was exactly what my plan was Melmoth, I have a halfling team the Potbelly Figs who are now in the tournament. For the fun of it not as a 'weaker' team. I will also post all the requests for each phase on the group page so all can see that im being fair.
Thanks again for the continued input guys keep it coming!
veron

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think the question is as black & white as it is stated in the poll (yes/no), but the main idea is to open up the discussion of course.

For small tournaments, I think it's okay to participate and be the only one running the thing. Just be fair and consistent and there shouldn't be any problems.

For bigger tournaments I think it would be best if there would be several coaches in the staff so that no one person is responsible for the decisions made concerning the tournament - especially the decisions that would have an obvious effect on your own team / group / whatnot.
Scratch

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

All information regarding match up requests in the tournament will be posted on the group page as well as PM'd to all players involved. If any of you want to offer your services as additional staff then i would welcome you to do so.
There are currently 2 available slots, races left are Goblins, Lizardmen and Vampires.
Bloodoholic

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

play and cheat!!!
Scratch

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2006 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood you wnat me to cheat against you?? I wouldent even if you asked me but still lol
 Jump to: