20 coaches online • Server time: 07:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Meech

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2006 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Prediction Time for The Grudge League. As the coach of the self proclaimed most resilient Grudge League team, I feel I am the perfect one to give my predictions.

Bracket A:

Moonlight Stalkers
Clusta Noba Crusaders
What a tough game to call. Necro vs. Pro Elf. If the Pro Elf team was with the block/dodge mojo, I would favor them, but I have to give the nod to Moonlight Stalkers and the sick Werewolves.
Prediction 3-1

Gork and Mork Servants
Orcland Backraiders
BASH FEST!!! My Honeys played the Gork and Mork Servants, so we know first hand the beating they can give. I think the BackRaiders will keep it close, but Gork and Mork will go over thanks the super thrower, Forgendorg.
Prediction: Gork and Mork Servants: 2-0

Reclamation
Korhedron's Fanatics
Reclamtion has the fastest undead team this coach has ever seen. That Wight runs almost as fast as a Gutter Runner! Korhedron’s Fanatics are facing an uphill battle, one that features mummies waiting at the top. I am seeing 4 casualties put on the Dark Elves by the Undead.
Prediction: Reclamation: 2-1

Lissie and her friends
Jacks
The Final match of Bracket A, and it has a potentially scary Lizard team playing against Jacks, a Chaos team that is just brutal. Depending on how the niggling rolls go for Lissie, this match may be to close to call. I am going to give the slight edge to Jacks, even without BlackJack for this game they appear healthier.
Prediction: Jacks: 3-2
-------------------------------------

Bracket B:

Keepers of the flame
Alliance Reborn
I have played Alliance Reborn and the put a beating on me. Keepers of the Flame is the “other” Chaos Dwarf team in Grudge. No disrespect meant though, this team is just as scary. I really can’t see Alliance Reborn “winning” this game, but I am predicting this. Dark March is going to eat dirt at the hands of a Werewolf.
Predictions: Keepers of the Flame: 3-1

Alien
Stouts
Let’s see, Lizards vs. Dwarves. I am picking the lower ranked Dwarf team to take down the Lizards. Enough tackle to deal with the scoring threat of the Skinks. Troll Slayers should have fun with the “Big” Guys. This is a tough one, but I really think the Dwarves will squeak it out.
Prediction: Stouts: 2-1

Red Diamonds
Environmental Hazards
Oh good lord Red Diamonds! Let me give you a quick recap of when the Hell Mouth Honeys played the Diamonds. “Squish,Sqish, pop,pop, agh my neck…” you get the idea. Environmental hazards comes with a lot of block, but so do Chaos Dwarf teams by definition. Black Diamond is gonna become the most hated player in Grudge league.
Prediction: Red Diamonds: 3-0

Razor sharp rats
Disciples of the Underdark
I am seeing a score fest with this one. I think that the Skaven will advance, only because they are a little bit faster. The storm vermin will play a large part in this game as well.
Prediction: Razor Sharp Rats: 4-3

That’s all I got folks, feel free to chime in with your thoughts.
BiggieB

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2006 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

U underestimate the backraiders we forced him into OT before we had to break off but the OT will be played soon Very Happy
Meech

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2006 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I will enjoy eating my words, and making round 2 predictions!

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2006 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

YES! I win 3-2!! WOOT! Very Happy

I just gotta smack 'em all good :p
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Biggie is right. 1-1 in overtime. Plus I hate that stupid gobbo. I can get 1 turned any time. I think I will play better than I did previously. Biggie, I won't let you do that good job again Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay Sk8, you and Biggie are confusing the hell out of me. What game are you too talking about?

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

we have not finished our game yet:

basically both of us did a lucky td, but the OT havent been played yet since we distrupted the game Smile
Meech

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2006 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh ok, I couldn't find a game you guys had played. I am curious how my predicitons will hold up. (I also hope people report in on how the game went)

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

the lucky french advanced on coin bläh
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I take this game as an exemple how I shouldn't play again. Next time I won't win on a coin, but on the court. Biggie, consider that you are on my revenge list now.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Kudos to Meech! It really warms my heart whenever I see someone has put some personal effort and contributed something towards the whole league. Really makes me feel I am not doing this for nothing (well, I am certainly not getting paid and my GL teams tend to niggle). Smile

Meech wrote:

Lissie and her friends
Jacks

The Final match of Bracket A, and it has a potentially scary Lizard team playing against Jacks, a Chaos team that is just brutal. Depending on how the niggling rolls go for Lissie, this match may be to close to call. I am going to give the slight edge to Jacks, even without BlackJack for this game they appear healthier.
Prediction: Jacks: 3-2

If Lissie fails her niggle roll, I will most certainly use the apoth on her. I won't give up before the match has even begun!

If Cassie fails her niggle, though...losing the top Saurus passer of all time will be a great loss for the team in the match.

BiggieB wrote:
the lucky french advanced on coin bläh

Haven't seen the replay yet but you must have fought well. The initial odds were at sk8bcn's side.

On the "bläh coin toss":

For future reference, I would like to remind all league members that if the game is still unfinished and will certainly end as a tie after OT, you are allowed to use alternative methods besides the site coin toss to solve the winner. However, this decision needs to be made before the match result is uploaded and both coaches involved need to site PM me the correct winner, as well as the method used for solving him.

I bet most of you are more than happy with the site-generated coin toss but this is an option that adds to the fun factor of the league. Copy-paste from the group page:

League Rules wrote:
11) Instead of the LRB 4.0 overtime rules, Grudge League uses the FUMBBL overtime rules. This means:
-Swiss, Round Robin and Open Round Robin matches tied after the 2nd half do not go into overtime
-the overtime will last for full 8 turns! (no sudden death)
-unused re-rolls will not help when rolling for the winner if the overtime ends in a tie: it's a 50% coin toss
-if the coaches choose so before the overtime ends (and thus before the report is uploaded to FUMBBL), they are allowed to use alternative methods besides the coin toss made by the site to decide the winner of a tied overtime. Examples include: Nuffle or Grudgebear die roll, http://www.weebls-stuff.com rock-paper-scissors, betting about F1 grand prix winner, or anything else. If the coaches use an alternative method for choosing the winner, they both immediately need to send a message to Karhumies including the correct winner. If both coaches do not send a message (or the winner is different in both messages), the site-made coin toss will remain as the official result.

Personally, I prefer online rock-papre-scissors. ^^
soren72

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The Diamonds have lost..... Crying or Very sad

...and on top they even lost Black Diamond Crying or Very sad

Match report

Very Happy Congratulations to Hogglas! Very Happy

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

amazing, they lost!! O_o.

Question: what's the point in skipping the die roll? And how do you sort it out Kar?

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Question: what's the point in skipping the die roll? And how do you sort it out Kar?

The point is some people just dislike tossing a coin. There is no deeper purpose for it.

To sort it out, the coaches need to agree about it before the game ends in the JavaBB chat and choose the alternative method they are going to use. I also recommend sending a message to #grudgeleague to get eye-witnesses before ending the match.

Then the coaches will use the selected method for choosing the winner. To make this result override the site-generated coin toss, both coaches need to site PM me and tell who is the correct winner of the match and what the coaches used instead of the site-made coin toss. I will then use my group founder rights and manually ensure the correct team advances.

For the record, thus far there have been two matches in GL in which the winner has been chosen using an alternative method. Both were solved using online rock-paper-scissors.
Drud

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2006 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

WOOHOO!!!

DEAD MINO!
 Jump to: