48 coaches online • Server time: 12:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post 7s for fummbl?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
steinerp

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2006 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on people. Emphasy is lonely in division 2. We still need 2 elf, 2 wood elf and 2 high elf teams + Circularlogic's dark elf team. This is your chance to show that you know how to play bloodbowl without S4 and Armor 9.
steinerp

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2006 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Only one slot left for elf, High elf and Wood elf coaches. Make you team and apply now!
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2006 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I just applied with a pro team for round two--Hope there's room left!
steinerp

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2006 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Got you in. Currently there are 2 high elf slots, 1 wood elf and a dark elf slot open.
steinerp

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2006 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

High elves are now gone. Only two slots left. Woodies and the last high elf spot.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2006 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to take this opportunity to get it through to people. Elves are not the victims. Bashers are.

They get a bad reputation for not having agility 4 and high movement, thus relying on pitch controll. Elves however seem to forget that bashers can't make those 3 dodges, 2 gfi's pickup in tz and longbomb out of it as easy as an elf can.

Make one mistake vs elves and they have you for breakfast. The only way to beat elves is by either having luck, pitch control, or the elves roll snakes a lot.. or a combination of all of these factors.

So nay, it's not the elves who are sad. It's the poor bashers for having their reputation. And yes, my elves do play them. Sometimes for pink slips, sometimes for the glory of gaming.

This ofcourse applies to those bashy teams that focus on winning as well, taking some other skills than mblow and claws. such as.. tackle, surehands etc.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2006 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll get myself some rookie High Elves

Emphasy....Circularlogic....maxlongstreet ....do you plan to remix the divisions after the first tournament? Wink
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2006 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry DC...... we'll show em.

__Synn
steinerp

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2006 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I do plan to remix after the first tournament. Also I haven't heard from Circular since his orignal post so I'm putting his dark elf slot up for grabs. This is the only remaining slot. I'll start the second robin as soon as we get a final dark elf team.
steinerp

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2006 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Division II is full. so go play your games. May the best elves survive.
steinerp

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2006 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Round one is finished (on time even) with the high elves making a strong push going 3 and 1. The wood elves are right on their heels though with 2 wins and a tie. The Pro elves got off to a slow start with 1 win and 2 tie in 4 games, however so far in round two so far they are an impressive 2 and 0. Finally bringing up the rear are the dark elves with only 1 win and 1 tie in 4 games.
maxlongstreet

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Warning: This post is a complete flame, ripping the lamest member of this group.

One of the reasons I have almost never played a league or tournament in the brief time I've been on fumbbl is that there's always a few jerks who concede a game and then leave the league/tournament, thus throwing off the balance of the league/tournament. Our recent example here is a person who conceded after two turns of their second game and then retired their league team.

Was their team utterly destroyed, you may ask, making it impractical for them to continue? This would be understandable--No one likes to have to play an ongoing league with 5 players or something. But this didn't happen--The only thing that happened was that this player was unlucky in their two turns in the game. Maybe they had to leave suddenly. But then why wouldn't they then agree to finish the game another time?

It looks more like this person got bored with the league because the dice weren't going their way and selfishly quit, giving one player 160k for two turns of play and leaving a big hole in the schedule.

I would think twice before playing in another league that this person was involved with. If I'm misinterpreting what happened here, I'll apologize. But I don't think that I am.
steinerp

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

As max pointed out we need a dark elf team to replace Emphasy's team. If you interested let me know. I accept a dark elf team with one game under it's belt so long as that game is vs an elf team.
Loki_on_NAF

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Was a better reason than petulance given for the concession?

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

maxlongstreet, get a freaking grib "mate"

not only are you talking bullshit here about me, but you also made harsh comments to me in privat earlier..
Making threats to me, that I should watch out etc, what the hell, you gonna jump out of my screen and bite my leg?

Tbh you are one stupid mofo, that wouldnt listen to a word i had to say. Dont wanna play a tourney im in? fine, ill make sure to join every tourney i see you are in, just for the fun of it:)

Jesus christ, you fucking morron!
 Jump to: