35 coaches online • Server time: 08:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Official Fumbbl Unranked Cup?
Yes
49%
 49%  [ 31 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 23 ]
What about an official MacAvity Cup?
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 63

Melmoth

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe that has been discussed before but: What do you think about an official Fumbbl Tourney for UNRANKED Teams (with official prices) as there are Tourneys for ranked teams like WO, Fumbbl Cup etc.? I am just interested in it because I dont play ranked that much. I know we have a a lot of unranked Tourneys going on but they will never get the same attention as an official one.
Buddy

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Why does every one feel the need to mention MacAvity in their polls?
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Buddy wrote:

I dont really know by myself but the community always screams for it Laughing
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Because MacAvity > pie.
hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

No, it would be too easy to abuse. Coaches could essentially "breed" teams for official tourneys by setting up easy tourneys to skill up everyone. Unlikely, you say? Trust me, it would happen. Razz

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Buddy wrote:

Because he's made a name for himself

and in regards to the tournament, i would love this to happen, it would be some official action for the pepole who hate, or are scared, or just dont try ranked, see what there like!

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hunter - you dont think coaches "breed" teams in ranked to set them up for Official Ranked tourneys??????

Sorry to shine some light on this abuse. I'll be happy to PM you some team links of this abuse which currently do this. In fact I'd say in general there is a lot LESS cherry picking in U becuase those teams actual play in leagues where they dont' get to pick opponents.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Buddy wrote:

Ah, my good man. Let me take you back to the days of yore when Mac was known as something else rather than SpamMacster. When I joined it was only briefly after Mac himself (at least that's what the join date says - I have no idea really Razz). One year ago Mac made poll after poll after poll (ok, you get the idea) and was dubbed the poll-king of FUMBBL. Apparently his previous days of polling are now a mere distant memory now and he mainly posts a lot, but the sheer impact of the number of polls Mac made seems to have left such a deep scar on the mind of many coaches that many polls following mac's reign as poll-king yielded a "I'm Macavity"-option. As a result even people who weren't here during those days of poll-crusading are now infested with the Mac-decease.

At least that's what I think.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2006 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

People would play their best friends rookie no-tree flings 50 times in a row. Trust me.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Buddy wrote:

I once made a poll and was critisized for not having offered a macavity option. Laughing

hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Hunter - you dont think coaches "breed" teams in ranked to set them up for Official Ranked tourneys??????

Oh, I'm well aware of this. Smile It would just be easier to do in Unranked because you can set up a tourney like Circularlogic mentioned, and it wouldn't be viewed as "illegal".

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

And why does it matter for the tourney? Having bred a team won't guarantee a win, they still have to face all the other teams. And if someone feels that cheating like that will make him have fun ... just give a shit and enjoy the tourney your way.

Who ever breads a team like that cheats himself already, so why deny yourself something that could be enjoyable, if you are into tourneys. This one really is a perspective type of thing. Specifically as it does happen in ranked already. Is there any "worse or more acceptable" breeding? It's just not in the spirit of things no matter how it is pulled off.

-Mnemon
IRSWalker

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

One problem might be that a lot of unranked tourneys and leagues stipulate that games outside the league are forbidden, grudgeleague being an obvious example.
Christer

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 02:08
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Official FUMBBL tournaments run in [R].
The Unranked division is for player who want to run their own tourneys/leagues and whatnot.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see why it's needed. You want to enter an official tournament? Do it in ranked. The rules are exactly the same, after all.

On macavity: I think it's just used as a throwaway option for people who insist on voting in every poll, but don't actually care. I usually put something like that in my polls, because they are generally more accurate.
 Jump to: