12 coaches online • Server time: 06:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Official Fumbbl Unranked Cup?
Yes
49%
 49%  [ 31 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 23 ]
What about an official MacAvity Cup?
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 63

nin

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Official FUMBBL tournaments run in [R].
The Unranked division is for player who want to run their own tourneys/leagues and whatnot.

So Unranked is not intended for Official tournaments and that's so because of site policy. Seems that the two first options of the poll are irrelevant Wink .

So vote my Master Twisted Evil
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodpecker wrote:
I don't see why it's needed. You want to enter an official tournament? Do it in ranked. The rules are exactly the same, after all.

simple, pepole like unranked more and some pepole dont want there CR tarnished, why should they play 20 odd games to build a team up, CR 145, then go into a ranked tournament with a new/weakish team

if they bought at least one tournament into unranked, they could bring the top teams to the table, why not let them?

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

There are enough fine tournaments in unranked. Well, they don't offer prices, but the full load of honour.

Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

hunter wrote:
No, it would be too easy to abuse. Coaches could essentially "breed" teams for official tourneys by setting up easy tourneys to skill up everyone. Unlikely, you say? Trust me, it would happen. Razz

well at all, it couldn't happen better then in ranked, if tournaments would be official, means made by admins in strict established tournaments... i personally think prices would increase the interested for unranked a lot since it is generally common according to the rulebook gettin prices for tourneys (tourneys also mean harder games then cherrypickung opponents)
a possible abuse could be theoritical a little bigger (consequences are not that big loosing such a tourney as in ranked) ...on the other hand its as already told a free league, for coaches who want to run their own buisness, it's not that serious as ranked... so who cares about a possible bigger abuse?
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well spoken Glimmervoid. Many coaches in Ranked take the game too serious. So coaches who play for fun at 1st, shun ranked or be picked as cherrys.

Mezir

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Official FUMBBL tournaments run in [R].
The Unranked division is for player who want to run their own tourneys/leagues and whatnot.

Just thought I'd repeat this one... The point you're discussing is rather moot. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
People would play their best friends rookie no-tree flings 50 times in a row. Trust me.

Yep, see 1vs1 for futher evidence!

Anyway Christer has spoken, and thats that, unless we get CandleJack to go round to his house with a bit of 2x4! Finding it more dificult to get games in [U] now having moved all my [R] teams there as my time slots are limited in length, so Im going to do some powergaming in [R] to ease the pain!
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Rob, got any teams for K league

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Farinroderel wrote:
Because MacAvity > pie.

what a surprise!!!! somebody mentioned pie Confused
Skrofler

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Hunter - you dont think coaches "breed" teams in ranked to set them up for Official Ranked tourneys??????

Sorry to shine some light on this abuse. I'll be happy to PM you some team links of this abuse which currently do this. In fact I'd say in general there is a lot LESS cherry picking in U becuase those teams actual play in leagues where they dont' get to pick opponents.

I thinks that's exactly the problem. No need to bring this plague to cozy unranked.

Mondays, 20:00-0:00
Tuesdays, 20:00-0:00
Wednesdays, 20:00-0:00
Thursdays, 22:00-0:00
Fridays, preferably not
Weekends, generally daytime 8:00-17:00
Thunderhammer

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Then again, it could be kind of fun with an unranked world cup.

Pickers' United we could call it.
Then people could get a fixed time rate to cheat/pick/fling their team up to top shape.

May the best skill-roller and picker win!

Fun in the same way as Tour de France would be if you were allowed to do all the drugs you cared about and discuss it in public before. Would actually make for a more fair and honest tour imho Wink
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2006 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Melmoth wrote:
Maybe that has been discussed before but: What do you think about an official Fumbbl Tourney for UNRANKED Teams (with official prices) as there are Tourneys for ranked teams like WO, Fumbbl Cup etc.? I am just interested in it because I dont play ranked that much. I know we have a a lot of unranked Tourneys going on but they will never get the same attention as an official one.

With all the tournies and leagues and other stuff in Unranked, why do we need "an official tournament" and what would make it any different from any other tournament in Unranked division?

In Ranked, there's CR to be swapped amongst the participants and...there aren't any other tournies in R, which is what makes people more willing to join.

This leaves us with....fame, glory, FF or money increases and some magical items or something similar to be handed out to the winning team. Well, you can get fame & glory from any Unranked league/tourney...the FF and money don't really matter because you can play versus Snotlings to get some and are the magical items really that cool anyway? Players holding on to them will become hunting targets for DPs aiming for glory.

I won't even touch the "breeding" issue because that would happen in any free environment division anyway. Closed leagues are the only exception.

Jump to: