26 coaches online • Server time: 04:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Scratch

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Any Unranked team may enter LRB or otherwise teams of all experience welcome!
After each game a D-6 is rolled....1-both 2-4 looser, 5 winner 6-nobody. If it is a 1-5 then roll a d-however many players there are on the team, the number that comes up must be retired gaining no coach from the loss. It could be that the player couldnt pay off his debts, the opposing/own fans thought he was too good/bad a player to be left alive. Or he/she/it/ooze simply lost at Russian Roulette.

Frequent tournaments of all kinds will take place.
The 1st 16 teams to enter go into 2 8 team, 3 round swiss to get things started. Then we will take things from there!

Group page is here :- http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3341
Feel free to put your teams forward and post here if you are interested!

May Nuffle Bless your Balls
Have fun!

Last edited by Scratch on %b %21, %2006 - %13:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Scratch

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a league for the faint of heart but one for those fumbblers out there who are just as nuts as i am!
Laviak

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

How about this version of russian roulette: "each coach nominates a player on the opposing team to play russian roulette, then both coaches take turns rolling a d6 until one of them rolls a 1, at which point they must retire the nominated player. Loser rolls the first dice! (in the case of a draw, both coaches roll at the same time - i.e. if both roll a 1 on the same roll, both players are retired)"

but maybe there needs to be a way of having all players survive too...

ruoste

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd say "proper way" would be laviak's suggestion of rolling 1's until one is hit, and the loser of the game would have to go first.
Astarael

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:

Russian Roulette is played till someone dies. Go figure.
Scratch

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Having a way of everyone surviving isnt the point, thats what a 6 is for on the 1st dice roll. But the point is only one player can die not all the team
Scratch

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:
How about this version of russian roulette: "each coach nominates a player on the opposing team to play russian roulette, then both coaches take turns rolling a d6 until one of them rolls a 1, at which point they must retire the nominated player. Loser rolls the first dice! (in the case of a draw, both coaches roll at the same time - i.e. if both roll a 1 on the same roll, both players are retired)"

The problem with that is that it will be the best players will be the ones who die. and thats no good, i like the randomisation of it. The fact that any player could get it on any team. the 1-3 puts a 1-2 on the loosing team 4-5 puts a 1-3 on the winners and the 6-a 1-6 of nobody. Im going to make a slight change. 1-both teams 2-4 loosers 5-winners 6-nobody (for a draw it will be 2-3 and 4-5 for each team)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

funny idea. but I have no team to waste right now because of div X and ladder disappearing.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2006 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

make a new one!! Very Happy if you have the slot, its not a waste its an opportunity to have a good laugh
PeteW

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Huzzah! Finally an opening for my largely redundant Halfling team
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=204894
We're not afraid to die! That's why we let the tree throw us into the crowd!

I don't like Laviak's suggestion of nominating, for the reason Scratch suggested. I'll go with pure randomness for maximum craziness.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally someone with the minerals to take on the Madness that is this league. It may well end up with entire teams being obliterated to the last man! But thats the point! Its madness on a FUMBBL scale! And the teams who do well are rewarded with a smaller chance of thier players getting thier blocks knocked off!
Scratch

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so there are now 3 members of this group. We need more, so join the mayhem!
Klesh

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2006 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

And just how are you gonna roll the dice if I may ask .....

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course you may ask Klesh. Using the dice roll in the chat room. !d d6 then !d d(whatever the number of players). Its the only unfixable way of doing it.
Scratch

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2006 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there really nobody here on FUMBBL with the spirit to take on this league?! There are only 3 teams and im dissapointed to be frank. I expected more blood and carnage lust from blood bowl players.
 Jump to: