28 coaches online • Server time: 10:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Like the concept?
Looks like fun!
81%
 81%  [ 199 ]
so...
3%
 3%  [ 9 ]
i hate it (even there would be few legendary players...)
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
ah go on go on go on!
8%
 8%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 244

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2006 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

excellent! look forward to you comin in Smile

btw.... nearly 40 teams now! Very Happy
seandon12

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2006 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

n brownrob how many are you waiting for and how long will the massive round robin last?

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2006 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Brilliant idea. Im in with the lizardmen...

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2006 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

round robin just started, i added in 20 tourneyfiller teams so there is plenty of room left for more teams!

Season should last 6 weeks, but may be longer/shorter depending on public opinion

after the season, there will be playoffs, then discuss what happens, i.e create a BB7's vets league and a rookie league (like i already do with a private league)

keep applying, 48 teams already, and 20 more spaces yet Smile making a total of 68 teams, its no probem adding guys to the scedule at all!
Doc

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2006 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If there are 68 spaces, how come it skips from 63 to 83? I am #83 and 84. Can I play games? I am not listed on the chart.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2006 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

hey, i originally created the tourney with 48 teams + 20 tourneyfiller teams, and replaced as more members applied, this was gone in under a day! also there was spaces lost when people remde teams and resubmited, gaining a new team ID and rendering the old one useless. Ive PM'ed Christer to see if he can chenge the team ID's in the round robin schedule, which will be one of yours doc

i can start a new tourney, or i can let the guys who have applied since in and let them play free games against the other teams who arent in the tourney?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2006 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

, if you like, you can take my place, which is no problem Smile
Doc

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2006 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't take yourself out. I can wait a couple days, I just wondered why it left all the fillers open in between and whether or not I could start playing since I wasn't on the grid and therefore games wouldn't auto count. I would be happy to play and report games if they need to be added later.
JonatanRaven

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2006 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

so it has to be new teams exclusively..?

and is there a requirement of how many matches you have to play pre wek or something or is it ffa..?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2006 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

kinda ffa, no limit to how much you play, problem is some folk have played 10 games in the space of the week

there are about 20 teams awaiting acceptance..... do i wait until i get more in before i start a new season? I know next time to wait until i get 80 teams before i make a schedule! Laughing
Redhammer_the_Old

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2006 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like streetbowl, looks like fun!

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2006 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

10 games? Pah, slowcoaches...

Brownrob, Im blaming you for my lack of a social life, this is too damn addictive....

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2006 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

ok

due to the amazing popularity of the league, ive had to reconsider the season length, I had originally set it for 6 weeks but its nt eve a week old yet and plenty of games have been played! How long should should the season last now...

next season will be a lot bigger as well, there will be 2 divisions, elite and rookie, and hopefully new rookie will have 100 teams in, as we seem to have been able to take that but for me bowing into pressure and having started the thing early this could have been bigger!

in between seasons there should be a break to allow teams to play one off games

im really impressed with the good naturedness of it all, ive spcced quite a few games, and the guys seem to be loving it, which is the main thing! The games are exciting, and a good bit of strategy involved too, as there are no rerolls you have to prepare for the worst, its improved my skills anyway Razz
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2006 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you end the season now, I wont complain Wink.

Why not keep it going till at least half the teams have played half their games? Then consider ending it. Unfortunatly, Im starting to run out of opponents Sad.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2006 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Will existing teams bump up to elite? I've got attached to my losers.

3 week season seems reasonable as games are much quicker than 16, ask hiton can't beleive the number of games he's played in 3 days!

You could model on FQ and limit the number of games in each round to, say, 1/3 of total division number.

That should be acheivable for anyone who's serious and put the break on hiton Wink
 Jump to: