36 coaches online • Server time: 10:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

the more I think about it, perhaps you're league would work with one extra twist...

can't give a positional type the same skill more than once. That would add an interesting flavor.

this way all teams won't be:
each blitzer has tackle mightyblow guard
each catcher is blodge sidestep
each thrower is block accurate safe throw
each lineman is block (with guard for doubles)
yawn yawn yawn doesn't my no-brainer Fisher Price team look good?

now ppl will need to get creative with skills and thus each team won't be the same. If one blitzer has tackle mighty blow guard, another will take stripball, surehands, shadowing...a third has stand firm, passblock, pro etc etc etc.

if one lineman gets block, the others can't get it, until all other general skills have been earned.

record keeping will be extensive, but not too cumbersome. but the variety of uncommon skill combos may make the league fun.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:

And I know many people who only play for fun with friends who enjoy nothing more than fouling each other into oblivion - in fact you'll often find that this is one of the aspects enjoyed alot by close friends Smile

My friends and your friends have different ideas of fun. *^^*
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
the more I think about it, perhaps you're league would work with one extra twist...

can't give a positional type the same skill more than once. That would add an interesting flavor.

now ppl will need to get creative with skills and thus each team won't be the same. If one blitzer has tackle mighty blow guard, another will take stripball, surehands, shadowing...a third has stand firm, passblock, pro etc etc etc.

if one lineman gets block, the others can't get it, until all other general skills have been earned.

record keeping will be extensive, but not too cumbersome. but the variety of uncommon skill combos may make the league fun.

Would this be more interesting with a concept like the above?

Would it be better as a closed round-robin?

What if I offer pie?
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:

Would it be better as a closed round-robin?

What if I offer pie?
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

What if the league offered a bounty ala The Rat Race: SkavenBlight, but otherwise keeping the league the same?
lord_real

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Those ideas were more interesting. Smile
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

i understand the point to disallow big guys but...i dont see why it should be uncommon for humans to foul... id think that fouling is really human .... a just human team league should not have restrictions in playstile... what you want is an humanleague where everyone plays elfstile without elvish ballplaying skills...
Bamboo

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Good band, the human league.
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Bamboo wrote:
Good band, the human league.

Nice. Got a good laugh from me.
Bamboo

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

What about allowing Norse and Amazons in as well, to vareitifize? Just an idea
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Bamboo wrote:
What about allowing Norse and Amazons in as well, to vareitifize? Just an idea

I knew this would come up eventually. If that's what it takes to make this league not "boring".

Here is my newest idea... I modify the league to have 4 divisions - Humans, Vampires, Amazons, and Norse. Each team would play every other team in their division twice and then one game of inter-divisional against the other divisons in a round roubin format. Once this RR is completed, we will hold a KO tourney for league champ.

Deal or No Deal?
 Jump to: