50 coaches online • Server time: 19:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Throw Team Mate Land...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is the new format used in the UHF better than the "Human only" format of the IHL?
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 13 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Disco
37%
 37%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 32

TBK

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Seoul you should put a link to this thread in the group page that way its easier if we want to writte in it we don thave to go and make a forum search Very Happy

Exemple: [ url=http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8044]Forum Thread[/url]"

(just remove the space between the url and the first [ and everything will work)
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

TBK wrote:
Seoul you should put a link to this thread in the group page that way its easier if we want to writte in it we don thave to go and make a forum search Very Happy

Exemple: [ url=http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8044]Forum Thread[/url]"

(just remove the space between the url and the first [ and everything will work)

Done.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

UHF was a great movie. That wierd Al Yankovic is one hilarious cat.

Jeffro
Topper

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm Mully might have a hint of truth in the 8 hrs time difference - hadn´t given it much thought I must admit.

*Why do I think fouling should be accepted?
Primarily because it can be a tactical advantage to foul.
I dislike ppl who foul enmasse but a few well placed tactical hits against the opponents stars or the only guy who can reach the ball carrier can win you the match - or lose it for you.
Also if you can´t foul there´s no stopping the 4 MB, PO Berserkers who will certainly use it (PO) alot more if they don´t risk a boot...
Anyway it all comes down to preferences in playing style Smile

Finally I don´t think the ´zons are the best team - took it because I had one premade from another time.
I think Humans are best, then followed by Norse - But vamps can be quite dangerous with the right coach (which isn´t me Wink)
´zons are good only till the opponents start to get tackle.
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Topper wrote:

*Why do I think fouling should be accepted?
Primarily because it can be a tactical advantage to foul.
I dislike ppl who foul enmasse but a few well placed tactical hits against the opponents stars or the only guy who can reach the ball carrier can win you the match - or lose it for you.
Also if you can´t foul there´s no stopping the 4 MB, PO Berserkers who will certainly use it (PO) alot more if they don´t risk a boot...
Anyway it all comes down to preferences in playing style Smile

Um.... I understand why people use fouling. I don't understand why people refuse to play without it. It seems to me the people that are afraid to join a league without fouling are the kind of people I don't want in the league. Understand?
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like we are up to an equal number of "yes" & "disco" votes on the poll, which is fine. BUT... WE NEED PLAYERS!

Go... Join now!
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

To gain membership I am thinking of re-instating fouling as a game option, but with a fine system. Each time a coach fouls in a game they will lose points from their league score. I figure with that in place we can limit the fouling and gain membership.

Why do you think? What are the problems with this plan?
TBK

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think fouling without DP is not that broken you still get a 1/6 chance of getting thrown out and thats if you keep yourself to only two fouls a game if you do more then that then it goes up to 2/9 chance of being thrown out and i mean you have less chance to ko+ my player than being thrown out(=BH) so IMO I dont realy mind you fouling me to lets say help me score (good motivating technique to stop stallers) the only thing I do mind is that we are in a league game so I might not have the choice to play you or not so i think Dirty Player (makes the fouling SO more dreadful) be removed from the available skills and maybe turn 16 spite foul should be banned also (they are totaly usless except for the mangling of another player wich I think is not the goal of this league if it can be argued that it helped you win than its not a spite foul).

PS Lets not start a fouling thread plz
destroyer_dabes

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

we need more options on the poll, such as:

Turtles are natures suction cups
life is a lot like a mop
Stupid!!! Your so Stupid!!!!!!
say hello to mister frying pan
spatula city!!
I'll club a seal to make you a deal

something like those anyways...
TBK

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

There also usualy is an option for Macavity and Pie.....
Fama

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea is pretty good, but I'm afraid the amazons will own early on (heck, the WILL own early on), and unless the other teams get a lot of tackle (norse would be good) they're very good. It's a good idea to have vampires in it, although vampires are worse than the other teams (out of those 4). Fouling, I'd say it should be allowed, if you want friendly matches then ban DP, fouling without DP is not very powerful.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

TBK wrote:
There also usualy is an option for Macavity and Pie.....

Yes, but then people pretend to be me, and it's depressing. Bad enough getting more Canadians....

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

YUP vamps are the worst and zons rocks but still its gonna be a lot of fun hehehe
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
UHF was a great movie. That wierd Al Yankovic is one hilarious cat.

Too true, which is why, when I switched the name from the Imperial Humanist League, I noticed I had U & H, so I just had to switch League to Federation.

We are gaining membership each day, but we still need you!

Join today!
vanGorn

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice league. Too bad that I have no free unranked slot.
Vamps have a good chance to rule, though the humans have the speed advantage.

Jump to: