80 coaches online • Server time: 23:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is the new format used in the UHF better than the "Human only" format of the IHL?
Yes
40%
 40%  [ 13 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 7 ]
Disco
37%
 37%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 32

seouledout

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Caving to peer pressure, I must admit the Imperial Humanist League lacked much, but it sounded fun to me. As a result of some much need advice, the IHL is now the United Humanist Federation.

The UHF is a league for the four human base races - Amazons, Humans, Norse & Vampires.

Join today! (OR... Don't and help me to continue to make changes. *^^*)
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Thus far the poll results are favorable, so does that mean people are going to join? *hint* *hint* *^^*
TBK

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Im thinking about joining with VAMP!!! maybe hehehe Razz
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

TBK wrote:
Im thinking about joining with VAMP!!! maybe hehehe Razz

If TBK joins, then that will push us to a stellar THREE (maybe even FOUR).

Come on people. Need some Amazons (4), Norse (4), Humans (2) and Vamps (4, maybe 3).
TBK

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well its done the Soul Gougers are waiting to get accepted this will be fun vamps without fouling hehehehe
Deathdarkstar

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm tempted to join, but I have some questions first

1. What happens if you foul? I like to foul here and there, and I'm not sure I would remeber not to.

2. Can norse teams have minotaurs?

3. Can I have more than one team?

4. Do you really think Vamps and Humans will have a chance vs the starting skills of Norse and Amazons?

5. How many teams of each race do you need?

6. I am willing to play Norse, Amazon, or Vampire. Can I wait to see what we are short on before I decide?

7. When you say west coast time zone you mean Pacific time Zone?

Hmmmm.....

I'll come up with some more questions for ya I'm sure

DeathDarkstar
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Deathdarkstar wrote:
1. What happens if you foul? I like to foul here and there, and I'm not sure I would remeber not to.

I have not really thought out the repercussions of fouling. I assumed I would eject the fouling team. I would hope that people are mature enough to remember the rules of the league. Perhaps awarding additional points to the team on the receiving end of the foul. I am open to suggestions.

Deathdarkstar wrote:

2. Can norse teams have minotaurs?

I'd prefer for the Norse teams to not take Minotaurs. Unfortunately, it would be unfair to limit one team in such a manner, but not the others. Therefore, Minotaursand all other Big Guys will be allowed.

Deathdarkstar wrote:

3. Can I have more than one team?

No. Pick your favorite among the races and play. This inaugural season is quite small, so a coach fielding multiple teams wouldn't work (imho).

Deathdarkstar wrote:

4. Do you really think Vamps and Humans will have a chance vs the starting skills of Norse and Amazons?

I do. Plus, that's the factor that will make play interesting. Everyone will be TR 100, so things should be equal, in theory. If the general opinion among participating coaches is that switching the schedule so that the non-mixed games are in the first half and the mixed games are in the second half, then maybe it can be changed. I'd prefer to have the "divisions" to be raced based though.

Deathdarkstar wrote:

5. How many teams of each race do you need?

Four of each. Right now we are at Humans (2), Vamps & Amazons (1 each) and Norse (0). I do have some people saying they want to enter and asking to hold spots in different divisions, but the first applied will be the first accepted.

Deathdarkstar wrote:

6. I am willing to play Norse, Amazon, or Vampire. Can I wait to see what we are short on before I decide?

First come, first served.

Deathdarkstar wrote:

7. When you say west coast time zone you mean Pacific time Zone?

I cleared that. Now that the IHL has become the UHF, and the format has changed, I meant to eliminate the section about preferred coach location. Welcome, one and all!

Hope that clears things up!

Last edited by seouledout on %b %03, %2006 - %03:%May; edited 1 time in total
Topper

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

So now biggies are allowed?
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Topper wrote:
So now biggies are allowed?

I took the "no Big Guys" section out of the rules before even started this thread. *^^*

I think people only half looked at the new setup.
Topper

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you have made three different forums, so it might be a bit hard to keep up Wink
Now I´ll quote what I said in the last one, since is seems everything has moved here Smile
I know some of my replies are outdated by now

Topper wrote:
-Think the teams should have same TR, so 100 I guess.
-I think the 4 divisions could be cool??
-I strongly believe fouling should be allowed.
-Depending on the participants I think each team should meet once with every team from own division, and then once with a team from each group. (So with 4 groups of 4 you play 6 games before play offs.)
-I think stars should be allowed (Griff, Zug, Zara, Thrud and the count all fits the racial demands.)

If you get close to the neccessary teams needed I´d like to make a team and apply Smile
Just PM me then.
Also some info on how often a game should be played is neccessary (1 a week, 1 per 2 weeks etc.)

Good luck with the tourney Smile

edit: I´ll join with my Greenside Gladiators (´zons) but only if fouling is allowed...
If you dislike fouling just say that DP is an illegal skill...
TBK

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a minimal FF would be a good implement to make sure no one try to just have a better start than everyone else and forget about the great penalty of having low FF. It doesnt just penalize the player having low FF it penalize everyone playing him.
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

TBK wrote:
I think a minimal FF would be a good implement to make sure no one try to just have a better start than everyone else and forget about the great penalty of having low FF. It doesnt just penalize the player having low FF it penalize everyone playing him.

Let me make sure I understand. Are you suggesting that everybody have, for example, <b>at least</b> a FF of 5 <b><i>-OR-</i></b> <b>at most</b> a FF of 5? From the way you suggested it, I am not sure what you mean.

Topper wrote:
I´ll join with my Greenside Gladiators (´zons) but only if fouling is allowed...

I am having <b>a lot</b> of difficulty understanding why everybody <i>insists</i> on fouling being allowed in this league. I just would prefer to keep the games friendly, and an action specifically designed to destroy players isn't friendly (imho). (Not to mention... With DODGE on all the 'Zons players, isn't that enough of an advantage?)
Mully

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Topper wrote:
Well you have made three different forums, so it might be a bit hard to keep up Wink
Now I´ll quote what I said in the last one, since is seems everything has moved here Smile
I know some of my replies are outdated by now

Topper wrote:
-Think the teams should have same TR, so 100 I guess.
-I think the 4 divisions could be cool??
-I strongly believe fouling should be allowed.
-Depending on the participants I think each team should meet once with every team from own division, and then once with a team from each group. (So with 4 groups of 4 you play 6 games before play offs.)
-I think stars should be allowed (Griff, Zug, Zara, Thrud and the count all fits the racial demands.)

If you get close to the neccessary teams needed I´d like to make a team and apply Smile
Just PM me then.
Also some info on how often a game should be played is neccessary (1 a week, 1 per 2 weeks etc.)

Good luck with the tourney Smile

edit: I´ll join with my Greenside Gladiators (´zons) but only if fouling is allowed...

Well then I hope fouling is not allowed and you choose not to join. Not cause you're a bad guy, but because Seou said he was primarily looking for North American coaches to help with time zone issues. And there's nothing that will kill a league faster than trying to schedule games with someone 8 hours away.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I meant more like 7 minimun FF.

5 is realy low IMO.

and sory for being unclear (I reread my post and found it unclear myslef)
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 03, 2006 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

TBK wrote:
I meant more like 7 minimun FF.

5 is realy low IMO.

and sory for being unclear (I reread my post and found it unclear myslef)

I am a Commish of the people. I think this is a reasonable suggestion.

SO BE IT!
 Jump to: