26 coaches online • Server time: 01:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Welcome Newcomers - ...goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
clarkin

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2011 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats King_Ghidra - with me losing my last match I needed you guys to draw so I could come 2nd!

Edit- though looking at the the other two conferences I think we may have a playoff spot as the highest scoring #3.. sweet!
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2011 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ Har Ganeth Headrippers get's another season in the Conferences after a lucky win in the Regional play-off over lemf's amazons \o/
phil78

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2011 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

WIL's greatest ever team (in my mind) vs Tackle gives us the WILies is scheduled for 9.30 bb time tonight.

A win or draw gives the zons the premiership title while a rats win will gift the title to some dirty orcs

Come and spectate, cheers and throw rocks!

Sadly the mighty clan are already relegated Sad Waaaaah
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2011 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Dirty Orcs are preparing special exploding rocks with multiple warheads.
Lets hope they can throw them better than they do the ball!

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2011 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

phil78 wrote:

Sadly the mighty clan are already relegated Sad Waaaaah

Prez <whistle's absented mindly>...The Game Razz

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2011 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

phil78 wrote:

A win or draw gives the zons the premiership title while a rats win will gift the title to some dirty orcs

As Cyrus beat the zons in his game then Bluedevil needs a win to clinch the title.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2011 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to BlueDevil420 & his girls on taking the Premiership.

I must admit to being surprised I was top of the league near the end of the season.
Having 2 defeats & 2 draws in my first 4 games I was expecting to get relegated!
But suddenly everything went right & I finished with 5 straight wins that just goes to show anything can happen in Blood Bowl.

So for next season we all need a few more ‘Tacklers’ to stop this aberration from occurring again. Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2011 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Swan Lawn 2 - 1 Dominion Dynamo

The Dynamo opened their first competitive WIL season this afternoon with a disappointing loss.

Going up against rookies first game was never going to be cut and dried in this case, since Elfball is never straight forward, and I fully expected a Sidewinder / Wizard combo to really make our lives really difficult. Luckily, Hubris rocked up to make it slightly easier than it could have been, but still, the game was afoot.

Sadly, as the game unfolded it became clear all things were going to be a bit unsatisfactory. I kicked, and with a KO and a RIP (Apo save) on the LOS, defence got a whole lot harder with only nine to defend a slow Elven grind, but we continued nonetheless. After about 4 turns, a positional error meant that four 2+s (2 with Dodge) would afford a nice easy 2D with the ball likely to get swept away (or at least made very sticky), so I threw the defence into it. Sadly, two ones in three dice with the first move, and the Pro Elves were away, defence dashed moving in for the easy shot. This failure pulled my position way off, and already numbers down (a second, un Apoable RIP didn’t help), Automn didn’t make another error to put it in with relative ease. My frustration lead to a poor OTS attempt despite the hands across the EZ defence, but the dice weren’t there anyway.

Second half, and the worm turned. 3 KOs in a turn and a later CAS made my drive nice and easy. I put a questionable foul in on Hubris, a Stun no send off would have done, but I got the boot. Later, in a reposition for 8 turns, there was a shot I left on, but to be honest I felt it questionable anything would have come of it position as it was, but I did leave something like a 3+ 2+ (with Loner) for two with Strip. I felt 6 of the squares wouldn’t stop my score (sucking in to the hit infact helped), but we never got to find out as the 3+ clanged. I suppose that was the most interesting bit of the second half.

So, two unsatisfactory halves down with little coaching and a lot of dice, the earlier foul bit me with only 10 to defend the OTS. Still, it needed a whole bunch of dice, some of which with the Loner, but Automn didn’t even need a RR as they all hit easy as pie. My defence was a little haphazard, but it wasn’t so woeful, and the dice were just perfect anyway.

So, poor old start to Season XXII. Sadly, some of my rolls from before I started trying to win stayed with the team when they were going for 5 points. Redfish next, top coach, with a win needed to get back into the Conference race, tough times. All I ask for is a bit of coaching and a better game of BB! Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2011 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Danelagen Gentlemen 2 - 1 Dominion Dynamo

Another lukewarm-ish evening’s work to report from Dynamo in Albany.

The Fish is a cracker, and when Big Guys and a Saw combine to KO 4 Elves in swift-ish succession, defending becomes a tricky beast. For the second time in as many games, defence of the opposition drive was pretty much a lost cause before it got going, as even a 1/81 that left a chink of light couldn’t rouse the Elves into some 1D effort. An easy score for Fish, and the win was out of the window before coaching could rear a head.

The Elvish drive was tricky starting a man down, but a bit of a break in the poor rolling allowed a reasonable suck and go to skill Witch II in T16. I had thought that the standard luck of this team was shown when in T15 a Lineman went for a GFI to assist a pointless block only to fail and RIP, but worse was to come with a Riot, a TTM and a Blizzard landing, Dodge and double GFI for a Fishy win.

No harm to Redfish who only played the hand he was dealt, but it’s now two competitive games, two last minute substantially unlucky losses and a pants old start in terms of BB for Dominion Dynamo. Funny how some teams are a bit of a black hole for luck – I can’t ever remember a HE team I’ve coached beginning 0/0/2! Shocked

Time to unleash a horrible karma for the rest of the season… Or at least have a chance. I’m due a roll! Very Happy
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2011 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand half of what the Goo said, and I think he might have called me white trailer trash, but other than that it sounds right on the money!
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2011 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Great Albion Power Rankings: Week 2 or so

With two rounds (minus one likely forfeit) and one game completed, it's time to take a preliminary look at how the Great Albion region is shaping up.

1. Barons of Blackwater (158 High Elf, 2-0 with 10 pts, +6/0)

After a mid-table finish last year, Chavo's Barons have come out firing on all cylinders, outscoring their opponents 7-1 in Games 1 and 2. With two +AG players, a MV9 catcher and a ST4 lineman, the Barons have the raw material to go far -- and they're avoiding the casualty problems that marred their Season 21 debut.

If there's still a question about the team, it's their srength of schedule so far -- their Round 1 and Round 2 opponents have yet to win a match in 17 tries combined. Week 3's matchup against low-TV vampires may not say much about their ability to face top-flight competition, either. Weeks 4 and 5 may prove a tougher test, though... if they can get through that, all is clear.

2. Parklife FC (147 Wood Elf, 2-0 with a forfeit win for 15 pts, +2/-2)

After going 5-0 in non-league play, the defending Fringe Cup champions have made a smooth transition into the White Isle proper. They got one win by forfeit over the absent Kung Fu Vikings, but they've edged out big Chaos in a rain-soaked battle, then beat Stark Family Robinson in an action-packed 4-3 affair.

Even more than most wood elf teams, Parklife rely on their wardancers -- agile tackler Damon and powerful blitzer Graham have the talent to succeed at the game's highest level. Interestingly, the two have played a grand total of 2 turns together, as Damon got sacked off the field early in the Fringe Cup semifinals, and they've proceeded to alternate missing games until now. They've both proven they can win games individually, but they need to get more durable.

The one real question mark for them is their lack of easy wins. They've won their last three games, dating back to the Fringe Cup final, by one goal apiece. It's hard to mark them down too much, given that all three have been against solid opposition, and they are 7-0-0. But it would be nice to see them hang a few TDs on the lizardmen next week. After that, of course, is the Week 5 showdown with Blackwater -- a match which may well determine the regional title, and should at the very least sew up someone's promotion bid.

3. Stark Family Robinson (117 High Elf, 1-1-1 with 8 points, +5/0)

The region's only true rookie team, Stark looked great in week 1, beating WILlpowered Skinks 6-0. They went on to draw with the Skaven in week 2, though, before making a game effort but losing Week 3 to Parklife. It's too much to ask for consistency from such an inexperienced squad, maybe, but it's not clear what team we're looking at here.

The big issue for this team has been durability. They've lost three players in three games, including blitzer Eddard Stark, a rising star who was killed by Graham in the Parklife game. It's tough to start from 100 in the White Isle... it's tougher when you keep losing players.

The good news is, they've got matches against Kung Fu Vikings and Lost Boys next, and don't face Armoricans (their most potentially damaging foe) until the last game of the year. If they can pull out a couple more wins, they may be a dark horse for promotion, but they may be better off spending Season 23 in regional play, where they can build a little further.

4. My Fellow Armoricans (182 Chaos, 0-1-1 with 3 points, -1/+2)

Another Fringe squad, the Gauls entered the season as Great Albion's biggest team and one of the top promotion candidates, but have stumbled out of the gate. They battled Lost Boys to a draw, and their chances against Parklife washed away in a torrent of rain and bad luck.

Still, this is a formidable team, and it's too soon to count them out. Their main problem so far has been a lack of killing power -- with only 3 casualties dealt in 2 games, they need to start throwing their weight around. Skaven in Week 3 should be a good tuneup, but they should be keying in on Blackwater in Week 4. If they get a win there, it will shake up the standings, and put them right back into the race.

5. Lost Boys (124 Vampires, 0-1-0 with 2 points, 0/-1)

Judging by their record thus far, the Boys should probably be ranked higher. They're one day short of a forfeit win which will vault them to 4th in the standings with only two games played. And they went 2-2-3 in their inaugural season, so it's not as though they haven't won before.

That much having been said... they're 124 vampires. They drew with the Gauls, which puts them on roughly the same level in theory, but it's easier to see the Gauls' veteran players turning it around. And because they've only played one game, they haven't had the chance to prove themselves this year, the way Stark did in Week 1.

It's just tough to imagine this team having the raw talent level to challenge for this year's title, no matter how well they're coached. Maybe they'll prove us wrong, though -- they still have time.

6. Warpstone Infused Larsoners (119 Skaven, 0-1-1 with 3 points, -4/+4)

Now, this is a rarity: a Skaven team with 7 games played and a positive CAS differential. Bad news for the rats is, they've been outscored 2-6 this season and 3-16 all-time.

To look on the positive side, they faced a High Elf team that had won their first game 6-0, and they held that team to a 2-2 draw. And while they did lose to Blackwater 4-0, they managed to out-cas them, despite Blackwater's much higher TR.

Still, I'd need to see a win before I predicted things turning around for the Larsoners. A win, and maybe more than one Gutter Runner on the team.

7. WILlpowered Skinks (132 Lizardmen, 0-0-2 with 2 points, -8/-3)

It's been a hard road for the Skinks. After failing to win in their first season, they fell 6-0 to a rookie team in the season opener. A 3-1 loss to Blackwater was perhaps a little more respectable, but the fact remains: in 10 career games, they've been outscored 3-24 and out-casualtied 9-22.

The good news is, it's not at all rare for a lizardman team to be a slow starter and then blossom as they earn skills. And their players are progressing, albeit slowly. Two saurii have block, and a +ST skink has 2 of their 3 all-time TDs. Their plan to make a ballhandler out of a kroxigor has yet to yield many dividends, though...

Skinks fans have Week 6 circled on their calendar -- after tough games against Parklife and Gauls, they'll be facing the Larsoners, who have also yet to win in White Isle play. If the Skinks can focus on using their saurii's strength to fend off the fragile rats, that may be their first step toward respectability. (Of course, they could also win before that too.)

8. Kung Fu Vikings (114 Norse, n/a)

Vikings have yet to make an appearance this season. They're about to forfeit their second game, and it's not clear whether they're even in Albion any more, or if they've gotten in the boat and returned to Norsca. Therefore, it's impossible to rank them ahead of anyone who's actually here...

NEXT UP: A look at the closely contested Caledonia Region, followed by the Lion Conference, which is heating up as we speak...

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Calthor

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2011 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice read, ahalfling, keep it up! Very enjoyable. Smile
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2011 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

+1
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2011 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The Mobocracy outfoxed by brainless Barbarians

This Tuesday the scene was set for some serious wrestling between to teams of ripped men(some oiled up) in thongs. The Mobocracy brought shiny gold, beer for everyone and a man in a pointy hat and decided to receive but already the bearded brutes showed their cunning and danced away from the trio of terrors before they could land a blow. Still the Mobocracy carried on with their drive, removing a few norsemen, losing some of their coven on the way. But at the deciding moment bloodlust took over, big guys spaced out, the team was in disarray, and the Barbarians took swift advantage knocking the ball loose in a scramble. Still the Covenant fought valiantly and the score was almost a reality until upcoming gob-star Evul Kerfuffle failed his landing and the 1st half fizzled out.

The Barbarians started 2nd half up men but wasn't satisfied so removed a few more. The Mobocracy tried to respond, drew a little blood but it was no good and the coach didn't see an optimum time for magic interference and so the score was walked in. Now playing for the draw the Mobocracy received again but had clearly learned nothing when the Barbarians nimbly pranced away from the brutal beasts once more, although they did huddle in the middle and a fireball blasted them good. More Barbarians left the field and things looked decent until blitzer Vanir got free, sent Evul Kerfuffle to the injury box, and juggled the ball to a waiting lineman who easily passed it on to an ulf and leagues away from the Mobocracy team. It was all over for the covenants and the only thing left for them to do was take their anger out on some unfortunate Barbarians left in their part of the field which they did and Orm payed with his life.

Another bitter defeat for the Mobocracy, this time against the conference leaders but still victory was the only option and the coach and players must face the fact that time is running out and promotion is so far far off. The Barbarians felt the wrath of the humiliated and future opponents should beware of these frustrated psychopaths.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2011 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominion Dynamo 4 - 4 Leap for Victory

This team continues to make me a grumpy old narky sod. I dunno if it’s because I seem to play with them after work when tired, or if it’s the general CAS count, or the silly endings, but they definitely make me grumpier than PeteW is consistently happy.

This game followed the usual trend. Several early KOs and CAS (I believe the opening 16 blocks yielded 3:4:3 Stuns:KO:CAS, but the damned replay doesn’t work, typical, grumble), and it would normally have lead to the usual situation this season of defending being fruitless. Difference here was the big TV advantage and ball winners for the Slann (not to mention DT), which clearly made offence almost as tricky.

The game remained a contest thanks to the gimmicks of Sidewinder and the Wizard, and between the two of them and some big rolls being forced into scores, the High Elves just about did enough to get something positive, our first result, not counting a forfeit (I am actually counting it at this point), and no-one died. Well, not properly, anyway.

Tim was a gent of an opponent, fun, playing with the gay abandon that I wish I could bring to the party some days rather than being my boring self, leaving the ball hanging around, trusting the Frogs would look after themselves. It was very much like a colourful clown hitting Jack Dee in the face with a Custard Pie over and over again.

1/1/2 needs to become 4/1/2 to have any chance at the promotion we set out to achieve this season, but to be honest I’d now settle for a mean looking 150 outfit, or indeed a restart, casting aside these cursed morons. There is a bit of me, however, that romantically sees this awful start as the adversity that breeds winners. Or something. Off to sit in my grumpy lair, frowning with a party hat on. Wink
 Jump to: