54 coaches online • Server time: 21:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2012 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Two cracking games for the Nafia so far this season.

A slightly one sided affair against a gallant ianwelby as a Wizard went bananas and almost won a game in a single stroke, and tonight a really fun one with DaCoach. Exactly why I took Khemri for my team; total racial mismatch and a huge fight. Almost scored in the first half, DaCoach just about stopped me, then the bones fell apart as they couldn't get rid of enough Elves. Really good scrap.

Moar! MOAR!

Team Captain "Dangerous" Dave Downes was interviewed this evening, and his message was clear. "With Blood Bowl like this, you should really join the NAF, you Lapdogs!"
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2012 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Silvania Families get their first win under their belt in what can be described as a professional and tactical game vs humans in their second game. This means the rookie vamps are top of the division (which they really don't want tbh) after 2 games. Though even their most die hard fans are hopefully their unbeaten form ends soon, promotion in their first season would kill off any hope these vamps have of being a great team.

Still its nice to surprise a few people, after all league admin PeteW couldn't help laughing at me when i said i wanted to be vamps Wink
Wilf

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2012 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Geordie Pride 2 - 0 Garden City Reavers

Second of the ultra-bash teams in the league and a total non-event in the end.

Had loads of inducements, but they did nothing (including the second apothecary). Needed good luck to get anything, and got diddly so it was operation survival after 5 turns or so. Held onto the kick off for as long a I could, but I couldn't knock anything down and was losing players in droves to the usual trick.

Managed a couple of completions for skills, but other than that nothing to write home about. Fortunately, nothing serious on anyone who mattered, so onwards to the only other 'non-bash' game of this season - except they have CLAWPOMB too Very Happy

Cheers for the game Foxall, sorry it wasn't in any way a contest.
Wilf

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2012 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Clan Mac Feegle 2 : 1 Garden City Reavers

Well ball-hang is all I have to say. Bug at the end which wouldn't let me use the wizard meant Phil won this 2-1, instead of me almost certainly winning it 2-1.

Mighty blow was the king, and rats were being removed everywhere. Received, and despite the double pow half dice blitz managed to score in turn 8 for 1-0. One turner fails with first dodge.

Second half, I put pressure on but a 4+ pass eventually comes off for the equaliser.

I remove more rats going for the win, until a good blitz and lucky scatter mean the MV10 gutter runner has the ball. No matter, I can get three dice and I have the wizard. 6 dice later and no pow, I select the wizard option at the end of my turn and nothing. Try it a couple of times, nothing. Click end turn (when it usually pops up with 'do you really want to end turn') and it ended the turn. Hmph.

2-1 down, one turn attempt and despite triple pow on gutter runner I can still side step into range. Just need a 3+ pick up, 2 GFIs, 4+ pass, 3+ catch, 3+ handoff and 2 GFIs. Pass is a 2.

Pretty annoying, likely to be my only win of the season with the league being just bash and for it to be decided on a bug is particularly irritating. Phil played well with what he had, gutters unable to pick up the ball and humans grabbing it in tackle zones, but that should have been 5 points for the Reavers.

Cheers Phil, sorry about the damage.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2012 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Sylvania Families vs fringe-orcies

After a good hard earned draw against vastly more experienced Pact in my first game, then a good win against a far more experienced human team in my second game, and a predictable loss to a developed Zons team my Vamps finally got to pit them self against an evenly matched rookie orc team.

The vamps were relishing this chance to play a fun even match up, though they had impressed so far playing as the underdog. The first half was a great fair game, and the vamps managed to prevent the Orcs from scoring with a convincing display, only suffering one BH and one KO in the process and managing to out Block the Orcs causing 1 Ko to a BoB.

Then half time came and the game changed. The Orcs got their Bob back and the vamps did not get their Ko back even with the aid of a babe. As the vamps were 2 players short they set up for a quick score to try and get their KO back, and confident they could prevent the orcs from scoring again. Alas nuffle just didn't want the vamps to win. First the Orcs got Perfect Defence, but there was still a chance to score, however the first 5 turns of the second half all ended abruptly for the vamps rolling snake eyes on each occasion (although only the first two really mattered), making it impossible to score. The orcs got the ball and scored the first touchdown of the match. The vamps still had time to pull one back, all they needed to do was make one GFI with RR to protect the ball carrier and it would have been a straight forward TD the following turn. But no! again snake eyes were rolled and the vamps crumbled, leaving them self exposed for another TD for the Orcs.

An extremely cruel and frustrating defeat for the vamps, but on the plus side at least they managed to buy back one of the two vamps they lost in the previous two games. Hopefully this one will last a little longer... Next up Chaos Pact Doh! Very Happy
Wilf

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2012 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Garden City Reavers 2 : 0 Power of Worms

Funny old game this one. Fresh from a disappointing result against the skaven, we were only 90k down for this one so just a babe to show for it.

Gary received, knocked a few down and then got a dp zombie sent off KOing a lineman. Undead dice were pretty average though, and we managed to swipe the ball, BH a rookie ghoul and KO the uber wight from the opponents before a blitzer scored against the kick.

Second half, decided to play relatively cagey and try and remove threats. Worked ok, keeping mummies busy and getting regular stuns on players. Thrower forced his way through, but was scragged by the AG4 ghoul. He fell over with a GFI though and we could scoop up the ball for 2-0 with the catcher.

Gary attempted a consolation, but a decent screen by the humans and again some average blocking dice meant we could hold him off before getting 2 dice and a POW on the blodge ghoul. Cheeky third was on, but we couldn't get the ball loose.

No skills, but some cash, on to another chaos outfit. Cheers for the game Gary!
Wilf

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2012 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Garden City Reavers 1 : 1 White County FFC

Two points gained really in a game I shouldn't have got anything out of after 6 unanswered casualties against.

Took a wizard with my 180k, thinking an extra apo won't keep me in the division. Chaos won the toss sadly, but after a moderate opening JigerJones gave me a relatively simple wizard shot in the 3rd or 4th. Needed to get one player for a shot at the ball, got 2 in the end including the ball carrier and a blitzer could pounce and score in my turn 5.

A riot didn't help though, but we managed a decent 1 dice blitz - again when I shouldn't have been given the chance - and we held out, but down to 9 players for the second half.

Operation stall out for as long as possible really, I felt a draw was a good result. Two MNGs - on blitzer and thrower - doesn't help much for the final game against PeteW but we held out really for 6 turns before with just 5 players on the pitch I couldn't hang on to the ball any longer and the chaos were able to walk it in.

Still, only MNG is fine and we replaced the rookie lino who was -AG. On to the final game, could be painful again...

Thanks JigerJones.
Wilf

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2012 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Garden City Reavers 1 : 2 Surfing The WhiteIsle

PeteW'd again. That boy and his dice...

Took wiz and babe, and kicked in the rain. Not too much damage early on, and despite switching sides a couple of times wizard frees the ball and I can scoop.

Can't hold on though, and can only watch in frustration as Pete picks up ball in tackle zone, GFI twice and long pass in the rain for the score. Ho hum.

Second half, more damage from the POMB chumps, but we manufacture an equaliser as we run out of players with a lineman. 3 turns to hold out with 9, but players leave quickly and Pete closes out the game well for the win.

Looking like relegation for the humans, depending on final 2 games, but we'll see. Cheers Pete![/url]
Calthor

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2012 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Match Preview: Nafia <vs> South of Eternity

The WIL Dragon Conference XXV will be decided this sunday evening, as the selfish, evil, NAF-promoting Nafia faces the gloriously ascending, southern dead of South of Eternity. Tune in this sunday, 19:00 bbtime, live on Cabalvision.

The Khemrican side - boo - , coached by Purplegoo, need a pure victory to take 1st place in the Dragon Conference, while anything else will condemn them to a 4th place. The Necromantic team - cheer - , relying on the two purebred Werewolves Sledge and Rocko, will be stuck on that 4th place if they lose, but will claim the 1st place in any other scenario, which means the Nafia will be forced to play all-out.

Come and cheer in this festival of the dead, and see the Southern wolves rip apart some Khemri bones!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2012 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgh!

The aforementioned big match went the way of the Khemri. Going into it, a tight Dragon Conference had 4 potential promotion candidates (via the Playoffs or winning the division) and a jammy 2-0 win got the boney ones to the top of the shop (on TD difference, since we tied 1-1 with Mateuszzzzzz (z?)).

Really made up, when I began a Khemri team, I had hoped to get to the Prem one day, but at the first time of asking is a bit obscene. Lots of luck along the way, that will no doubt even itself out as we crash back to tier 2! Wink

"Dangerous" Dave Downes was heard to remark "Calthor was a great sport in the sight of hard dice in a huge game. We will now attempt to go where no Khemri have succeeded before and, um, succeed. But not before enlisting ever more of you to join the NAF. You lapdogs!"

\o/
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2012 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice going Goo, grats.
A weird group Dragons Conf. was this season indeed. I had by best season ever (5/0/2) and yet came 4th on head-to-head results..
Calthor

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2012 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

2-1, actually. You forgot my last turn OTT.

That said, quite an odd season, and I still can't really believe I don't even get a shot in the play-offs. So close. If that double skull hadn't happened in the first half, then...

Ah, but that's how we always talk in hindsight.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2012 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops! Typo.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2012 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

wasnt sure where to put this as there doesnt appear to be a main thread, just match reports? maybe wrong I dunno...

anyway are the stats pages and awards still handed out each season? http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4442

I'm keen to know if iwin any awards for fouling Very Happy
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2012 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Who the ruddy hell did this draw?!

All the Elves in the first 5?! Boooo....

I may well go down, but I demand murder, death, pointy eared kill. Wink
 Jump to: