52 coaches online • Server time: 15:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Throw Team Mate Land...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Vamps win another ma...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

/cheer
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

4 * 8 = 32
PLATYPUS

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

That is funny maths.

3 div of 8, 10, 10 = 28 Teams
if Drok & Woody get in we add 2 = 30 Teams
which leads to 4 div of 8 = 32 Teams ???
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah!

Idiot I am...

Have had numbers through my brain all day... It will be 3 x 10.
Drokmar

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Project GOBLIN is in, Led by the Honourable John Bleedwell. Lets hope he lives up to his name Smile

Drok.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL XV HAS STARTED

Same deal applies as last season:

All Conf teams must be no higher than TR200 round 1 and for Regional teams, TR150 is the cap for Round 1.

Round 1 is due 3 July.

Some notes:

- erikikkers is at the World Cup. His opponents in Rnd 1 and 2 for his league will be given leeway.

- BloodReaper, you have drawn a "filler". This Filler is supposed to be WoodyIsGod and his new Zon team. Please contact him to give him a further kick along.

- The divisions are drawn with a fairly good quality balance of TR and R/S/P splits.

- Regional Coaches in Blax and Whippy leagues... your leagues need to be manual expanded by "Show Schedule" link. This is a fumbbl page size issue.

- speaking of issues, contact swladmin@hotmail.com for problems. Bemoaning your league draw is not a legit gripe and our advice will be "Build A Bridge" Wink

Special Announcement
We like to have a sense of history and promote longevity of coaches here in the SWL. On that note we have renamed one of the Conference Leagues after perhaps the best team ever to play SWL - the Southside Stone Smashers.

Ever since their creation in SWL III through to their present day Fringe status, the SSS have caused many opponents fear when having to be drawn against them. A very tough Dwarven wall of blackle and guard, the SSS are the epitomy of dwarf play.

In addition their coach, Sandune, has been around for a long time and I thank him for his ongoing SWL participation by awarding this "title". Cheers Sandune Smile
ArtaXerxes

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2006 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
SWL XV HAS STARTED

Well done Clay and all you SWL Admins! We all appreciate your efforts in keeping the SWL wheels turning.

And good luck to all you coaches (except those of you playing the Fossils), play hard to the end, but keep a sense of humour and have fun. Smile
Patrician

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2006 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

My Premier League bets:

$5 on Food for Thawt to claim the title, after so much frustration in the Conferences.

$2 on Germin Vermin as a real chance to win back to back titles.

$2 on Woodies Double Double to defy the odds and qualify for Premier for Season 16.
theopacman

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2006 - 05:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodyisgod is in so all systems now go for season 15

Good luck gentlemen and lets hope the season see's the Ancients in prem next year Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2006 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a quick summary of my take on the premier teams for this season:

• Da Greenskin Raiders - These guys are building up to be a very tough team - lots of stand firm and guard - well developed BOBs. If they don't suffer some real damage soon, these guys will be very hard to stop in season 16, but may have trouble with dealing with some of the fast teams this season.
  • Food for Thawt - Couple of very nice ghouls - a big strength, and also a liability. Luckily for them, they don't face the other bashers until the last couple of rounds. Definitely a strong contender for the crown.
  • German Vermin - If they get through their first few games without taking too much punishment, they are even better shape than they were last season. Definitely a strong contender.
  • Sinister Duskriders - Well developed dark elves are a pretty nasty team - these guys have an awesome thrower (2+ long bombs anyone?), so they really have the ability to score at will. The'll be able to elf-ball it pretty well, and bash a bit against the soft teams. Watch out for these guys.
  • We Fink Wer Orks - Well, they haven't been relegated yet (2 promotions, and then they managed to somehow retain their place in Prem), but are coming in low on the ratings. With all those blodgers, I wouldn't under-estimate them, but they'll be struggling to avoid relegation
  • Woodies Double Double - Quite a season last time - just one loss, and that was the only game they scored less than 2 TDs! These guys may look like the underdogs, but they know how to get a TD. Even so, They'll be struggling to stay in Prem for another season - especially with 2 of the bashiest teams to "welcome" them.
  • WyvernTail Stingers - More elves, and these ones are somewhere in-between. They seem to love the passing game, and that ST4,NoS,Dump-off catcher is one hell of a ball carrier. They should do okay, just as long as they can keep enough players on the team...
  • Zen Adepts - A full team, awesome hob-goblins and a ST6 bull centaur. The 3 nigglers are a bit of a worry with the number handicaps they'll be giving away, but they aren't likely to run out of players anytime soon. They also have a the cash to hire a second ST6 bull if needed. There won't be too many teams able to stop them ... but will they be able to stop the elves from scoring is the real question.

Snorri

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2006 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

/me wanders around looking for people to thump with an Obelix sized obelisk. Someone's graffiti'd the top of it though, right near the spot which is likely to by the contact point for the thumpings. Hard to read. Something about Channel BB?
Laviak

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2006 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, but then I'd have to put it in character wouldn't I Razz

okay, okay, I'll see what I can do...

chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Here I'll do it for you.

This is Nutbash Wallycog with a quick rundown of this seasons Premier teams:

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2006 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

It's on again!

"Castle Horror" - a SWWL Werewolf game

This is to be a "full role" game set in a true horror story. No silly zombies or footy players in this one!

Set to begin tomorrow or sunday if we get the numbers. The first game was a rousing success and I hope even more of you will sign up at Lime Kettles and join in the fun!

See you there.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2006 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

*bump* The item just above this one Wink Still looking for a few players if interested. Come on over!

All the roles and rules are now on the 1st post of page one!

Opening chapter will appear when game begins...still time to join up!