82 coaches online • Server time: 23:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PistolPete

Post 8 Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I know this is competive league, and you're out to win, but at any cost ???Hmmm.

I have never liked fouling and stalling, and I really don't like playing against people that do it excessively.

I have to admit that my faith in this league has been shaken when I've been foul'd out of a match, and stalled for 6 turns for the sake of a game.

THIS IS MEANT TO BE FUN !!!!, and that was not.

Sorry, I've said it know, and maybe I shouldn't but there ya go.
Shinan

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling AND stalling in one topic! This is going to be hot!

You might want to read all the previous treads on this subject, it's just about all been said before. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate when I receive it, I love it when I make it
Fama

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no problems with fouling, as long as it (well, dp) is not abused. Stalling is OK too, because it's your fault the other guy can stall in the first place. Also, I agree, it's been a while since the last stalling/fouling post, and here are both combined! Yippee!

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

after watching several football games (and recently the world cup) i must say i hate all that fouling and defensive result saving crap. maybe we can get the fifa and fumbbl at once to change it?

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I have lots of elf teams I like fast quick open games and I like to have fun, so I hate fouling and stalling.

However, if you play fast agile teams it's going to happen, especially in competative games.

The only thing I feel is inexcusable is turn 16 fouling/crowdpushing unless the square needs to be cleared for a TD. That's just malicious.
PistolPete

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Meni, I like your style, and Mezir, yes you're right its been said time and time again, but you sometime's have to let off steam and let you heart rule your head.

If a player has a DP in his team, they are out to destroy your team, pure and simple, and I think its wrong.

Fouling is ok, but not every turn just because they can it takes the whole fun away from the game.
pac

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I was watching the game, and Biggie did exactly what any good coach should in the circumstances. When you get a chance to kick Orcs (ORCS!) off the park, you have to take it.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

PistolPete wrote:
Meni, I like your style, and Mezir, yes you're right its been said time and time again, but you sometime's have to let off steam and let you heart rule your head.

If a player has a DP in his team, they are out to destroy your team, pure and simple, and I think its wrong.

Fouling is ok, but not every turn just because they can it takes the whole fun away from the game.

Pure and simple, you're wrong. Well, the first and the last paragraphs are true, but the middle one is just wrong. DP only to destroy other team? What about claw+rsc? Take down the claw+rsc -> foul it (fouling without DP is too ineffective) and the (broken) player is out. That's not destroying a team.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Pac, ok I except what he did was good coaching, looking at his stats I know he's a good coach, but can't there be some kind of limit to the amount of fouling that goes on in a single game. After all he's alot better than that, and could have beaten me, without the need to try and destroy my team.

I was lucky, and only had a single player SI, but with all the foul's being made, it would have wrecked any chance of a proper game for my next opponent.
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

whats malicious about a turn 16 foul? is it evil to have one last bit of fun before the game ends?

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

At the end of the day, this is about having fun, and I think that excessive fouling is anything but fun for the person on the receiving end anyway.

If I'm wrong about DP, and it being there to destroy team so be it. It's there, and yes you have to except it but it doesn't mean you have to like it, and yes I still feel that there should be a limit to how many fouls a single player can make, but what that limit is, is a whole different ball game.
pac

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

PistolPete wrote:
Pac, ok I except what he did was good coaching, looking at his stats I know he's a good coach, but can't there be some kind of limit to the amount of fouling that goes on in a single game. After all he's alot better than that, and could have beaten me, without the need to try and destroy my team.

He didn't - couldn't - even get close to destroying your entire team. You have Orcs! You should dominate virtually every physical match-up hands-down! The occasional rare drive when you get fouled a bit should not be so hard to cope with, surely.

The only limit on fouling I'd even consider would be 1 DP per team (and I'm not convinced there's a case for that, tbh) - but that would not have made any difference to that match.

Edit:
Quote:
... it would have wrecked any chance of a proper game for my next opponent.

This is certainly a tactical argument that it is bad strategy to foul a team to death in a scheduled league because it will give your rivals easier matches. But - again - this didn't even resemble a fouling-the-other-team-to-death situation.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2006 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes, a game cant be fun for both players. Its not the other coaches job to make sure you have fun, thats your job. Besides, I find it funny when my guys die, I happen to like that squishy sound they make when they go.