39 coaches online • Server time: 10:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AlanHasek

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2006 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with all the elf ballers out there who like a nice fast high scoring multi levelling game. i will pin a player to the saide and rend him difficult to use i find that more satisfying than knowing that if i push him he cant use apo.

On the claw and RSC arguement, well both of those are reasonably rare to achieve, but i can accept that if you have too many in a team your team becomes very difficult to find matches for. Hmm i think thisa one is more difficult to police to be honest.

On fouling, like someone said earlier if you need to clear a square to score then you have either tightened the pocket too much or been hemmed in in which case, if i ever need to do this i would tell my opponent and why i was having to do it. But, relentless fouling does take all the fun out of the game, should i say pointless and relentless fouling. Pointless fouls include those which are just to weaken playable numbers, taking a team from 11 v 11 in one drive down to 6 v 11 without the other guy standing a chance to defend himself is just bad sportsmanship.

I played a stunty game against Peikko recently and his team was in recovery after a very damaging game, i'm not a very good coach and i'll admit that but i have been in the same situation many many times before wishing people would just leave my best players to rebuild the team with. I said to peikko after i noticed how well i was rolling on injuries that i would try my best to merely tie up his best players and gain my point through open play. it started 11 v 7 and ended 6 v 6 and was a fun game to play i feel for both coaches. After all, at heart, isn't that were all here for even the foulers?
lord_real

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2006 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Shrap wrote:

Hey that sounds really yummy!!!
I'm gonna get my roomie to make us up some.
(bump)

I hope you liked it. Smile
If people keep posting actual arguments in these fouling threads you can look forward to more recepies. Smile
Meech

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2006 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Best Counter to Dirty Players?

Soap and Water!

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2006 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

AlanHasek wrote:
Pointless fouls include those which are just to weaken playable numbers, taking a team from 11 v 11 in one drive down to 6 v 11 without the other guy standing a chance to defend himself is just bad sportsmanship.

Pointless TD's include those which are just ment to win the game, taking the game from 0 - 0 in one half down to 0 - 2 or 0 - 3 without the other guy standing a chance to even it up is just bad sportsmanship.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2006 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate it when people block my players and don't let me block their's afterwards. Sad

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2006 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Argh!!! Why wont you stop post about fouls? Erhumm i mean. Ah! I see you need more dishes. Razz

More swedish food are needed.

No christmas-table is complete without köttbullar.

Swedish Meatballs (köttbullar)
Serve with parsleyed potatoes.

1 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 small onion, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup water
1 cup half-and-half
1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
1/2 teaspoon salt
Minced parsley

Mix beef, pork, bread crumbs, milk, egg, onion, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, nutmeg and pepper. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. For each shaping, dip hands into cold water from time to time. Place meatballs on ungreased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2-inch jellyroll pan or in 2 13 x 9-inch pans. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F oven until light brown, about 20 minutes.

Remove meatballs to serving dish; keep warm. Place 3 tablespoons pan drippings in saucepan; stir in flour. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly.

Remove from heat. Stir in water, half and half, bouillon and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Pour gravy over meatballs; sprinkle with parsley.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2006 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Since we are on traditional recipes, how about a traditional English breakfast

You will require:

- 1 Mug of Coffee/tea
- 1 cigerette

drink coffee/tea
smoke cigerette
Frankie

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2006 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

PistolPete wrote:
Ok, I know this is competive league, and you're out to win, but at any cost ???Hmmm.

I have never liked fouling and stalling, and I really don't like playing against people that do it excessively.

I have to admit that my faith in this league has been shaken when I've been foul'd out of a match, and stalled for 6 turns for the sake of a game.

THIS IS MEANT TO BE FUN !!!!, and that was not.

Sorry, I've said it know, and maybe I shouldn't but there ya go.

spamspamspamspamspamspamspamfoulspamspamspamspamfoulfoulspamspamspamspamspamspamfoulspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamspamfoulspamfoulspamspam
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2006 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It's so bitter we cannot foul our own players, even when they derserved it. %)

jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2006 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

speaking of good times to foul...

dodging away from a diving tackler and running off, just to turn and run back and foul him!! great! i've heard some rumours of it.. i really wanna see it in a game tho... Twisted Evil

Stampy

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2006 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I laugh when people moan at me fouling!

Look at my username son! What did you expect?
Fama

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2006 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Stampy wrote:

That you work at a post office.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2006 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Fama wrote:
Stampy wrote:

That you work at a post office.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Gumbo

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2006 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL