43 coaches online • Server time: 10:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
arcane257

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

double post

Last edited by arcane257 on %b %19, %2006 - %00:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Gumbo

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
A quick look at your R teams, Arcane257:

- Your High elves played only runners. Oh, and a halfling team with nice TR up TS down strategy.
- Your Skaven always play TS down
- Your Amazons always seem a bit more fair, but they managed to face two stunty teams in 5 games...
- Your Necros always play TS down
- Your Darkies always play TS down

MMMMMMMMM
First thing that comes to mind is "grow up kiddo, and stop flaming better coaches on the forums...."
You are picky? STOP being picky! You are not searching for low TR coaches... you are looking for cherries.

Bah
Jan

Oof, SMACKDOWN. NIGHT NIGHT!!!!

Teehee....

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

@jamattys
Funny my high elves have played Wood elves, Skaven, Elf, Lizard, and halflings. Seem like pass teams mainly to me. Oh and pass teams that are using postionals while I am running around with linos. So your skill at judgement seems off.

As for my rats I play who ever looks fun and wont leave my team in pieces.
My necros were carring a very over rated wolf on the team until the match before last. Str increase is cool but without block its just leads to trouble on frenzy.
My delves have been a player down for the most part. So your wisdom seems off there as well.
As for stunty I like the risk you ether do well or get your team smashed. And you never can tell how it will turn out until nuffle lets you know via the dice.
Thruthfully I think team str is a little off anyways. I think the main thing its gets right is not showing the value of players missing the game. Team str misses the value of skills like dirty player and rsc and over values things like blodge which can be killed by tackle and an assist. But again thats all taste and I am sure we could argue it for months.

As for the 165 I think you may be right and there are some coaches I would try to play no matter what. Just forgot to mention that in my post. Sorry about that. Once I get over my love of low team rating games I may even get the chance.

Thanks for your comments though,
Arcane257
MelchiorX

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

When I found my CR had dipped below 145 (mainly because i had a silly habbit of trying out new things in R and then moving the team to U as soon as i got the hang of them to enter them in Tournies!) I stopped playing R games. I think it's fair to say that now I am a slightly better player than my CR145 suggests, but I find it REALLY helps me to get games... you cherry picking loons. Laughing
arcane257

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
You're right, Jan. I've never seen so many 'fling teams in a match record. Shocked ... Could you tell us how you find them, arcane? Wink

Are you kidding me? You need to play on California time. It seems like I see more fling and gobo teams up then regular teams at times. Or peeps like plorg sitting at team rating 200+ waiting for a game.

arcane257
Synn

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well........ East Coast is betta!

__Synn
**If CR is hurting your fun then i think the solution lies in medication

Last edited by Synn on %b %19, %2006 - %00:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
shagga

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg is always good to get a team at higher TR late at night UK time. As for whining, everybody whines, its whether they use the keyboard or how frequent that bothers people. If people whine during games I just don't respond and let them stew for a while, if my opponent goes quiet when I have whinged then I take that as a sign to lighten up and just enjoy the rest of the game. If a game is really annoying you then conceed its your choice.
pac

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm confused ... in the first post, arcane257 starts out by admitting to being picky over matches, but then - when Jan brings out the match record that proves this acknowledged pickiness - becomes defensive and denies that each case indicates any pickiness ...

Why did Jan need to prove cherry-picking when it had already been admitted? And why is arcane now denying it when he opened the thread by saying that was what he did?

This thread is odd to me ...

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

*edited*

No need to continue a pointless discussion.
Thanks pac.

I just find odd the intention to blame the CR system and some high CR coaches for yourself being picky. Picky about games TR/TS wise, mind you, not about CR...

Oh, well, I must be losing my brain to beers.

...mmm... beers...
/me drools

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Oh, well, I must be losing my brain to beers.

Nothing better to lose it to in my experience. Very Happy
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

HAHAHAHAHAHA i got 182 CR.... I LOVE IT.. you all suck.. unless those 11 guys better than me in CR:)

Blow my whistle!!
Plorg

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

arcane257 wrote:
Plorg wrote:
Hmm...
By your standards I would be considered a high rating coach, but I can't remember the last time I complained about the dice in-game.

On the other hand, I've noticed that the lower a coach rating is, the more likely they are of being a whiny bitch in the forums.

Funny that you cut off my point. Especialy right before I talk about it not being every coach at high rating just enough to make me feel justified in the complaint.

Feeling Guilty?
Arcane257

Not feeling guilty at all, because as you continue on to make your point...
arcane257 wrote:
one of the first things I check on a coach is there rating and if its over 165 I dont play them.

You make this statement which kind of trashes your own logic and credibility. At which point, I stop caring about your education.
Topper

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I think one of the reasons JanMattys did that is because if you have a high CR you hear every day that you´re a whining sucker that allways cherry pick (one way or the other) etc.
But the funny thing is that I seldom hear high CR coaches bitch about luck, stalling, crowdpushing, fouling etc.
Likewise it´s funny that MOST cherrypickers in my experience are actually medium CR coaches, often denying to play a high CR coach because of lame excuses (no my Orcs won´t play your DE - With frenzy the Witch is WAAYYY too bashy...) and going for matches they know should end with them winning.
I feel unjustly attacked every time, and I´m not the only one....
I don´t care about ppl cherry picking, I don´t care about what other ppl do in here.
But I´m sick and tired of these groundless assaults on high CR coaches.
And that left off some of my steam Wink

edit: spelling
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Emphasy wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA i got 182 CR.... I LOVE IT.. you all suck..
unless those 11 guys better than me in CR:)

Blow my whistle!!

I'm more impressed by how you managed to squeeze in 100 ranked matches in 19 days. Very Happy

But seriously, whiners will be whiners. Personally, I find it unsportsmanlike behavior to do - in a way, it's discounting your opponent's gameplay. I think what the OP was getting at, is that higher CR coaches think of themselves as less failure-prone, and therefore whine more because it cannot possibly be themselves that could've played better. Which is true for some, but not the regulars that I happen to play.

It's sad the OP has had a bad taste in his mouth from playing a few whiners, and not trying to engage better coaches as a result. My suggestion is to keep challenging up, rather than down - you won't learn how to play properly otherwise.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

ok ok i'm allmost cerios now.

I hope for a whiner... make my day. Sometimes I like to see or hear the frustration I'm causing, to witness the mental breakdown as someone losses their "cool"!!!
Twisted Evil

More seriuly... the places I hear most whining a from the pickers, they seem to think that they don't do anything wrong, and when their plans don't work they whine... and whine... and on and on. I only have one thing to say stop whining and hurt your teams some more...

It isn't the CR that is hurting your fun it's the opponents you play, or more correctly how you "see" the opponents you play.

I don't get you arcane257... whining in the forum about whining... first time for me to wittness that.

Most of post doesn't make sence but since I have typed it I post it.

Jump to: