39 coaches online • Server time: 13:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smerbev

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2006 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Season will begin on Monday.

(Posted on the other forum and recreated here for your pleasure)

Alright then, we have the 16 teams needed to run both the 1st and 2nd divisions. I also have made room for a 3rd division but as it stands, matches will begin in a couple of days. At the moment we have a majority of 'bash orientated' teams, so if you are playing a lighter team (like me) I am sorry in advance if you get lumped with 2 dorf, 2 orc, undead or cdorfs. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about it as these are the teams that switched over from MBL. Just foul the crap out of them instead =)

To hopefully change things around as new players arrive, I am putting out this advert!

We have a maximum of 8 remaining places in the MSL and I am looking for the following teams: Any elves - skaven - vamps - humans

These types will be given preference. Matches will start this Monday, so be quick if you'd like to be in.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style2,Unknown-spc-Kadath.png]Image[/url]
Smerbev

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2006 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Forfeit Procedure

Each round takes two weeks.
Games must be commenced by 20:00 Fumbbl Time on each Monday. I expect coaches to have arranged a suitable time for the game by the end of the 1st week.

If nothing has been arranged at that point, or a coach is having
difficulties finding time to meet their opponent, a PM should be sent, as soon as possible to me, Smerbev explaining the difficulty. Extensions of time are permitted but you will find that the earlier you let me know of a problem, the more likely that I can find a happy solution.

EXTENSIONS
Where an extension is asked for and reasonable circumstances
apply, I may choose to grant an extension, but will ask for the
game to be organized in advance. ie If both coaches want the game, make sure you can tell me when it will be played before asking for more time. Due to time differences I will give until the following Saturday for the extension to be played but keep in mind, I must be given the arranged time and date that the match will be played when you apply for the extension. Both coaches must PM me this information.

FORFEITS
Unless an PM has been sent to me by 20:00 Fumbbl time
on the Monday that the game is due, a forfeit will occur (don't worry if you start the match just before the deadline, I'll be checking to make sure I don't accidently hand out the forfeit) If neither party has
communicated in this manner then both teams suffer the forfeit and -2 pts penalty.
If one player has sent a PM, that player will be given the win. A coach
who forfeits two games in any given season may be excluded from a following season.

Hopefully this is clear enough. If you have a question, please post it here or PM me so that I can address it.

Smerbev

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2006 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Just an update. At the moment we have 17 players, so if it remains like this, I'll just make 2nd div a 9 team tourni. I should be getting another 2 players in the next day or so, in which case, we'll look at 10 team leagues.

Hopefully we can get the extra 7 that we currently need and make it three 8 team divisions.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3735

BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2006 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Smerbev, can I propose that we don't go as large as 10-team divisions? Some coaches inevitably will lose interest in a tournament that they they have no chance of winning that lasts 20 weeks. Smaller divisions with faster seasons would be better i think.

Pad

Post 12 Posted: Aug 04, 2006 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

2 divisions with any number of players will do just fine Wink
NekaFuksa

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2006 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

We can also make one big division Smile That would be qool
Smerbev

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2006 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with the concern about a 10 team comp. Optimally I would like to have 8 teams per division but if I need to bump it up to 10, then I propose that we simply run the draw and give byes for the first two rounds. It will that each coach misses facing two opponents, but at least it keeps the comp at 16 weeks.

Ideas?

Just had a thought. Currently we have 17 teams. What would people think about 3 divisions of 6 teams? Top3 promotion, bottom3 relegation to keep things interesting.

NekaFuksa

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

ok people shall we play this turney or not! Can we make 2 groups 1st 10 players 2nd 8...
Glutton

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2006 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

we can play, be it 2 or 3 div's it will work...2 probably better though I think, as then a coach losing interest wouldnt have as big an impact as in a smaller div.....
Smerbev

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2006 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The Plutonian Plagues, against all odds, survive their 1st match with only a single MNG going into the next game. Up against the Contacted Stunties, the Plagues knew that they were in for a rough ride, especially when the dwarves locked away the ref for the half and threatened to do to him what they were doing to their captive elves.

The Plagues managed to open the scoring mid way through the 1st half, but sadly disaster stuck and a heatwave hit the stadium. The rats vainly tried to hold out the dwarves but mounting KO's left them short.

The 2nd half saw the rats reduced to 1 man when the dwarves finally scored. A slight misjudgement had given the Plagues a chance of equalising, but a failed catch quickly ended the dream and they went down 2-1.

Glutton

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2006 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I seem to be having trouble catching my opponent, then again just as well as this wayI can withdraw for a replacement without affecting the draw, I am having to cut my fumbbl time way back due to some real life stuff at the moment sorry.
Smerbev

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2006 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Just an update for Olympus Mons (3rd division). As you can read from the post above, we have lost Glutton. At the moment I don't have any backup coaches, so I will just be awarding forfeits for any of the games he is involved in.

If a new coach arrives to fill the gap I will place them in it.

Smerbev

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Painfully another coach has left Div 3, leaving us with a 4 man comp. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, as if I'd known they were'nt going to play, I could have made 2 divs of 8 teams like I'd originally planned. Regardless, Div3 shouldn't be too badly affected (aside from being 2 games shorter for each player) because the two coaches who quit had eachother for the 1st round. Play on as normal and be happy in the knowledge that we're all getting promoted to 2nd div next season! Wink

Otherwise things are going well.

Nekafuksa vs HamatoYoshi: Can someone get in contact with me about your match. No word from either and I'd rather you got the game played than suffer a forfeit.

Longinus vs REDspecial: An extension until 28th.

Good to see that some 2nd round matches are already played.

Hmm, just looking at the roster of players, I'm a little scared about next season. My skaven look like they'll be in for a rough ride Crying or Very sad

magan174

Post 12 Posted: Sep 07, 2006 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

OOC: Sorry for the delay. Me and Longinus just seemed to miss each other all the time.

But we finally played yesterday. He was a true sport and his Amazons stood tall (pretty easy against Dwarves) even when the cas was rolling in (pretty hard against Dwarves). Luckily it wasn't any nasty injuries. I won the game 2-0. And to celebrate it I hade another +str roll and another win against Virdungs Chaos Dwarves. Oh man, I dont like playing against dwarves Rolling Eyes . He gave me a niggler I had to retire. But another 2-0 win.

Now all thats left for me before I take another victory on Mars is two other Swedisg coaches. And it will be tough cause we all know that Swedish coaches are the best.

IC
Hah! What a glorius day for Mars, for Blood Bowl and for the Sewer Sweepers. We played two games after each other last night because of some mismatch in the time table and of course because WE can.

We thought that our first game versus some puny Djungelwomen wouldn't exhaust us to much. That was to be true. An easy win physicaly but they used psycic warfare. Cause it's not fun to play when women cries like infants. And boy did they cry!

We took a short break for new shirts and signing autographs for our, everly increasing, horde of fans. And then we greeted Virdungs Chaos Dwarves. They proved to be, just a bit, harder than the ladies. But we liked the fact that we could beat our Dark Brethrens to the ground. After some great Blood Bowl, in a bloody heap on the middle line, we took the ball and ran for two Touchdowns. The second 2-0 win for the day was a fact.

We do look forward for the ending of this season. A season we see ourselves already have won. Nothing can stop us. Put anything against us and we will swoop all over it, cause we are the Sweepers.

Taurin Greenbeard
Noctis Sewer Sweepers Information manager
magan174

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2006 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

"-Welcome to Weekend Update, Im SpaceBob Marspants and here the lates sport results."

*Evolvo Spacerace: When the ships reached the spaceport of Io the Mean Machines are in the lead just before Xeno Orcsson Racing Team. The Orcssons just took the 2:nd place after an accident for Evolvo Dream team when a gang of Orchis space raiders just happend to pop out of deep space and blast the ship to pieces. The Skipper o Orcsson says:
"Gur ti ash fukaush uruk! Agh lat ti ash bagurz bûb! At tiat nanulg nar tiat"

"-Well that says it all!

*Another late result from the Noctis Labyrinthus league.
*** Noctis Sewer Sweepers 3 vs 0 Sportklubben ***

"-Heres Bendy Wendy with a comment from the game.\"

"-Tnx SpaceBob. Im standing down here at the pitch and has just seen a brutal game of Bloodbowl. The ball was flying, blocks where thrown, body parts everywhere and sturdy, short legs running all over the pitch. Here's Taurin Greenbeard from the Sweepers. -Taurin what do you have to say about the game?"

"-Well. Not much to say actually. Another victory on the road towards the winning banquet. Another text book example of how to disable a foe. Offence was at their best today and defence was even better. I dont really think they knew what hit'em. The Sweepers swept all over them.

This is the fourth win in a row now and this season has been really good, no TD allowed yet. Now only Xzazys Orcs stand between us and a perfect season. Rumours says they're scared. Oh man I hate too see a grown up Orc cry."

"-Tnx Taurin. Over to you SpaceBob."

"-Tnx a lot Bendy Wendy. Thats all from the Sports Update. Stay tuned to see if women really are from Venus. And if so? What was that lady I slept with yesterday here on Mars?"
 Jump to: