13 coaches online • Server time: 05:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What say ye?
I also enjoy both stalling and fouling
41%
 41%  [ 210 ]
I enjoy stalling, but not fouling
14%
 14%  [ 73 ]
I enjoy fouling, but not stalling
13%
 13%  [ 70 ]
Plorg is on my blacklist
6%
 6%  [ 33 ]
I am a werewolf and/or Macavity
5%
 5%  [ 27 ]
355/113
5%
 5%  [ 29 ]
Voting is for chumps
12%
 12%  [ 66 ]
Total Votes : 508

Fama

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have wanted to vote for all of these: I enjoy both. Plorg is on my blaclist. I am (was) a werewolf. But sadly, I only got to vote for one Sad

Also, I'm not sure if Plorg is actually on my blacklist. But he should be. You scary man Confused

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

For the record. I answered the poll as "AND". Have had Lycanthropy since grade 2.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Stalling and fouling have strategic purpose, to not use them puts you at a disadvantage over your opponent.

This does not mean you use them every game, just if it would help.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see the appeal of fouling and the strategic use of stalling and i can understand why someone would enjoy fouling but i cant see anybody actually enjoying stalling , more a nessasaryand smart tactic than something to get you jollys from

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:
I can see the appeal of fouling and the strategic use of stalling and i can understand why someone would enjoy fouling but i cant see anybody actually enjoying stalling , more a nessasaryand smart tactic than something to get you jollys from

Hmm, what about sadism? Taking joy from pinning someone down in helplessness. Shocked

Fama

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:

Yeah - but enjoyment from stalling probably comes from the enjoyment of winning because of the stalling.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Where is the "I enjoy eating small children whole" as an option. Who taught you how to make a poll?

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2006 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech wrote:
Where is the "I enjoy eating small children whole" as an option.

I didn't think Mike Tyson plays FUMBBL Brand Blood Bowl. If he did he'd be a great fouler but I doubt he could manage a stalling strategy.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2006 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work Plorg -- looks like quite a comprehensive list! Very Happy

pac

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2006 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:

Stalling with an impenetrable cage on the edge of the end zone is not the only kind of stalling. There is also high-risk stalling (ie, when your opponent has every chance of getting a shot at the ball) which can be highly entertaining - trust me!

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2006 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing makes me happier than a textbook stall where all hope is crushed out of an opponent....

Second half i receive up 1-0. He is pinned down and fouled to 7 guys. I have him covered so anything is suicidal. He lays down.... and a thirty minute whinefest about how if he could only make one of those 5+ desperation dodges is turned into a 2 minute click fest.

I love this game....

__Synn
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2006 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

It might be interesting if preference of different tactics correlates with the status as child (only child, first born, last born, sandwich).
Maybe I'll make a poll of it. Confused

LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2006 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

why don't you add the 'how to be a right bastard' topic as well... i bet there's a lot of fouling and stalling mentioned there, but it would have to go under the 'unclear' heading...

i was shocked to realise i've actually read most of those btw, *ack*

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2006 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:

i alsways enjoy stalling, because its less luckdepended and gives me the feeling to be a better coach... but i also like to play bad coaches that have not the skill or are unwilling to stall.... fouling is necessary sometimes but is very luckdepended and much less a proove of skill... thats why i wouldnt say its joy .. to let your opponent feel worse after some players of him die.... this gives no good feeling
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2006 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
It might be interesting if preference of different tactics correlates with the status as child (only child, first born, last born, sandwich).
Maybe I'll make a poll of it. Confused

Angry bitter* middle child here...and loves a good bloodletting foul

...over and over again...

*my chromatography lately has been utter crap!