43 coaches online • Server time: 14:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post custom pitch per tea...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BlackNWhiteDog

Post   Posted: Dec 14, 2006 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Agreed...that is one reason why I was calling for 'round robin' instead of 'open'. If a team plays 6 games and wins the tournament by 1 point...and second place only got to play 2 games because of inability to find opponents...did the winner really deserve it?

The same problem has come up in the BB7's Mini Leagues (modeled on the 145 Mini Leagues <i>thanks koadh</i>).
Its a fact you have to live with when entering open round robin leagues, part of the skill envolved is persuading you opponents to play you!
Smile

Post 12 Posted: Dec 21, 2006 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

In the Doriath VIII, "145 All The Way" has played all of their games and is ahead of "Bullshidoka" by 3 points.
"Bullshidoka" still has one game left. Until "Bullshidoka" gets to play "Woodies Round Ups"...THIS IS NOT OVER. Twisted Evil

prophane, I need you. Wink

Post 4 Posted: Dec 21, 2006 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Its closer than that, Weapon of war are only 4 points behind Bullshidoka with 2 games in hand.
Its a 3 horse race and Iv'e got the beasts who can do it!
KhorneliusPraxx

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2006 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I know...I just didn't feel like typing all of that Smile ...I think we all need to play ALL of the games...otherwise, it will be a false victory.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2007 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratulations to KrizRicht and his Beasts for winning the Gondolin-league. It was great fun (I even managed to get my team on a shared 2nd place) and I wanted to know when the next round will start.

Thanks to Koadah for running this thing. Keep on going.
prophane

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2007 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Kodah when will the 145 Mini Leagues page be updated for the next new season, im trying to get a Skaven team ready for that new division!

KhorneliusPraxx

Post 14 Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Jabberwocky wrote:
Thanks to Koadah for running this thing. Keep on going.

Ditto!

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks folks.

The pages is updated.

Remember, there is no Gondolin this time around. The limit for Lórien is 110.
Let's see some more elves.

K.

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2007 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The Debut-Match for the 145 KO Cup XIII just ended with a victory for the girls of Learning Swedish. All in all the match was not too spectacular, with only two cas and a 3 turn stall, acompanied by some dirty fouls, at the end of the game.
Now the celebrating girls wait for their next opponent. Will it be the brutal and dreaded Chaos Dwarves or the nimble and hard to catch Dark Elves?
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2007 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

110 Elves uber alles! (Eh, and maybe the skavens too. Meh.)

Looking forward to it, guys!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Kingdom

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh noes! Why did the lot favor the blockle Chaos Dwarves from four Legs Good? Now the girls from learning Swedish meet their most feared race...
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Kingdom wrote:
Oh noes! Why did the lot favor the blockle Chaos Dwarves from four Legs Good? Now the girls from learning Swedish meet their most feared race...
The Chaos Gods having seen that all the other teams remaining in the cup were Amazon arranged for coach sbonet and the Dark elf team Los conocidos de los chicos to be swallowed up in the warp never to be seen again.
Chaos is taking over Fumbbl.
First the White Isle League now the 145 cup tomorrow the world !

Sounds of manic laughter recede as the men in white coats take Cyrus-Havoc back to his padded cell.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Spectators, don't miss the game tonight at 19:15 BB-Time.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

My Doriath IX results so far:

Pumpkin Patch
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

145 KO Cup XIII

Learning Swedish 1 Four Legs Good! 2

This game as it turned out was decided in the first turn of the first half. It started well for the Amazons when they killed Pincher the hobgoblin, but this may have led them to become over confident as a failed dodge left the ball in the open. Four Legs Good! pounced on the opportunity first putting a tackle zone on the ball then picking it up with ‘Surehands’ Benjamin. The ladies then had the misfortune to fail a re-rolled blitz on Benjamin who took the chance to score. Learning Swedish did not make the mistake again and were able to equalize quickly and then stop the Chaos dwarves from scoring again that half.
But of course the Dwarves received the ball 2nd half, and despite a spirited defence a touchdown was scored in the last turn to secure victory even though a large payment was made to the ref by an unknown Amazon supporter at half time!
In all other respects this was an even game against a friendly coach, never forget it takes two coaches to provide a good competitive and enjoyable game