32 coaches online • Server time: 11:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Record the length of...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
wrshamilton

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Men Who Shot Liberty Valance got in three games in extended action last night, winning two.

First up was a 2-1 win over Azzie's Halflings, Learning My Onions. The Men tore into the halflings with relish, happy for once not to be the victims. The halflings had spiked the ball, but the Men were so caught up in bloodlust they didn't even notice. The halflings' other dirty trick, some Exploding Runes, was more noticeable - three shots on the first drive were intercepted and thrown back, fumbled, and then finally made contact with the Men's thrower, Ranse Stoddard. The Men scored too early to prevent a touchdown a throw teammate touchdown, but a fumbled ball by the halflings at the start of their half allowed the humans enough to force their Wizard, and they were able to chase the ball down when a halfling fell over on his way to a touchdown. At the end of the day, no halflings were left on the pitch, and the score was 2-1.

Things went less well against the Chaos Dwarfs of Kill Kill Murder United. The Men were aggressive and got several shots on the ball on the CDwarf's drive, but weren't able to secure it, and were forced to watch a Bull Centaur trot it in on the 8th turn, while a Claw'd lineman let them know what it must feel like to be a halfling. The reduced humans were unable to put together the quick drive they sought to even the score with,especially with Thrower Ranse Stoddard among the casualties and were overwhelmed in the 2nd half, finding themselves in a 2-0 hole. Catcher Jason Tully was able to make the score 2-1 in garbage time.

The Men ended a late night with a narrow 1-0 victory over the Lizardmen of Chasing Spiderman. A first time failure by Ogre Tom Doniphon, who should not have been acting that early in the turn, whatever the coach's rationalizations, allowed the lizards to swarm the Men's backfield. The Men tried to make a break for it with a quick pass from Ranse to a blitzer, but he was taken down by a blitzing, tackle-breaking saurus. A blitzer of the Men's own was able to reclaim the ball, but was surrounded on the sideline, and the men were unable to extract him. Much comedy ensued, and several of the Men received crippling injuries for their trouble, but neither side was able to score. In the second half, a handoff to a Saurus led to a large scrum in the middle of the field. Some interesting chain pushing allowed the Men a 1d with block on the ball, and it popped loose. Jason Tully attempted to run off with the ball, and luckily his inevitable failure ended with it in the hands of blitzer Dutton Peabody. The Men scrambled for any sort of pitch control, and Dutton looked for cover in all directions, eventually breaking down the sideline, screened by teammates who all had to make dodges to protect him. He scored on the 15th turn, and on the 16th a Saurus broke his neck.
MC_Tic_Tac

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2015 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Just submitted my team for approval the league, Nottingham Knight.

Very Happy
Beanchilla

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2015 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday, my [R] Skaven team was completely smashed up. Today, when the Guild of Calamit0us Intent faced off against the Pestilens Vermin, it was my turn. It was my first time playing a human team and I really enjoyed it. It's nice having so many catchers on the field even if the linemen have no skills.

Game ended 2v1 and I bashed the heck out of some Skaven guys! I felt bad though, because in the back of my head I felt like I had betrayed my rat faced brethren and I knew the pain of getting a Skaven team torn to pieces.

Still, it felt good to be on the other side this time. In fact, it was so good after I had to donate haha.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
wrshamilton

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2015 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I was feeling pretty bad for Eldin last night, as I was watching your game, and had just done a number on his ranked high elves before. He's a cool guy to have watched all that brutal maiming so stoically.
Marasai

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2015 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Started off league agains Arcyan's chaos dwarves. The first half went 0-0 after I bumbled my drive, but I had a couple people advantage. With speed I was able to disrupt his formation, but after we both flailed limply like overcooked pasta my ghoul,Sainichi, in a brilliant display of luck got the ball and made several GFI for the touchdown on the final turn
Zelazow

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2015 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi i'm new here. I signed up my High Elf team "Arnheim Phoenix"
Jagat0r

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2015 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The Freakville Swamp Rats came off of a brutal 2-1 loss to Star Wartz in their opening game that saw two of their players killed and a 1-0 lead squandered. So its fair to say they were a little nervous going into todays game aainst a tough orc squad in Gork's Grots. The Swamp Rats however showed their true grit once again jumping out to a 1-0 lead when Gutter Runner Percy Skaven broke loose down the right sideline for a long TD run. The Grotz looked to grind out their own score but it seemed Halftime surprised the Orc's. The second half was notable for both teams not holding onto the football, but through multiple players scooping up the ball as each dropped it the Swamp Rats looked to take the ball all the way for a 2-0 game, but their gutter runner tripped on a blade of grass near the goal line dropping the ball once more as time expired giving us the final score of Swamp Rats 1 Grots 0, and giving Freakville and their coach Jagat0r their first ever win in league play in FUMBBL competition.
Kidneythief

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2015 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Lost 300 TV in the Rookie 3 Tourney to Noswal's Tlaxtlan Swampers. Gonna be a rocky road for the jedi frogs for the rest of the tournament. A good game worth watching the replay of if you're interested!

I suppose it's karmatic turnabout for the game against Jagat0r. Nuffle be praised. 5 deaths in 6 games.
Beanchilla

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The Guild of Calamit0us Intent VS. Chasing Spiderman match went very well for me. I have fallen in love with having Griff as an inducement. He's the man. I wish I was smart enough not to get him so much SPP compared to my regular players but still.

Game got intense in a couple moments but my humans closed in for the win, using my guys to defend as he blitzed his way across the field.

I ended up killing two lizards which was pretty nifty too. Although, I am just waiting for my guys to get bashed. So far I've only been butchered in ranked but I wonder how long that fact can stay true.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
ChekhovsGnu

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I'm new here and signed up my Human team 'Huemans' and completed a match in the league, but it can't find my team anywhere on the brackets or list? Did I mess up somewhere?
wrshamilton

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2015 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Chekhov, I just saw you playing a match in the League division, but it wasn't in any particular league tournament. So I think you may have mixed it up.

Once you've applied to 145, one might not be starting right away, so there could be a bit of a wait. Once the league has started, you'll get messages, and you will see that the team that has been accepted is "scheduled" against all of the other leagues in the tourney.

I think you just played a game with your team in League, without being in a tournament, which is unrelated. As an additional note, when 145 does fire, I think it's supposed to be with fresh teams that haven't played, so you may want to go ahead and make a new one to apply with.
Namloc

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2015 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Submitted Halflings : Berstett Bretzels
cyg-Obsidian

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2015 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Dead Metal Masters vs Woodest // 1-2

A large difference of TV for these teams. The undead are 1400 while the wood elves are all rookies... But they are not easy to crunch !! AS inducements, they took : 1 magic and 1 Trick card, 1 Wiazrd, 1 babe and 1 additional apo (just in case Wink ).

After a quick attack (an elven one Wink ), the elves scored at T3.
The Undead attacks, but elven armor resist. they gain ground step by step. The elves don't use the wizard and put the pression on undead, with not enough success.
Finally, undead score T7. 1-1
the T8 finished with no specifi news.

2d half time. Undead attack.
It starts as last time. Except that elves try a flank attack. It doesn't work, but it stucks undead a few.
And beginning of the next turn, wizzard launchs an impressive fireball on the cage !! 1 hurt, A mummy down and 2 stunned. the ball is on the ground waiting for elves catching it...
But Nuffle likes to play with us. The elf thrower lose his hands and let the ball down... The undead take it back. After some runs and some turns in their strategy they run to the scoring zone... But .. the ball carrier stop just before the line, trying to ball control one more turn... on turn too much.. the Wardancer blitz the carrier and the ball falls while the ex-carrier is sent out of the field. ball is out, and sent back on the field close to an elf.
after that, Nuffle change his mind and decides to let the elves score... I took the ball and run. the only try from undead to stop me finishes with a double 1.

2-1. For a first match, I m quite happy Very Happy
cyg-Obsidian

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2015 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty Fly for a Half-Die vs Woodest // 0 - 4

A nice match where gobs were hard... very very hard to play... I finish the half-time at 6... Hopefully, I start the second one at 10 Very Happy
How to explain that match.. Well, gobs vs elves, it's simple, gobs must put elves out of the field and not let the ball on the ground. Unfortunately, they did it 3 times. and elves took the ball each time.

secon match, 4-0. Only 1 "miss the next match". Another good match ! Very Happy
RDuccio

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2015 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Match Report: Arioch Blades (Dark elves) 1 - 1 SRW Heroes (Human)

The dark elves scored too fast and soon suffered from the knockouts. The humans pushed on the first half but the elf blitzer Elric avoided the TD with an interception.

On second half 11 humans (10 + ogre) vs 8 elves was too much muscle for the pointy ears. The human pushed for the tie with a TD in the 6 turn.

Grat game with a great and nice opponent.
 Jump to: