75 coaches online • Server time: 23:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
syspurge

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2006 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, my rotters got their first NFL game under their belt now. It was against spubbbba's undead and it was a slugfest, ending 1-2 and 4-7 in cas. Are all NFL games like this? I sure hope so! Twisted Evil

How do I place a bounty? I want one on that pesky ghoul in Altdorf Ex-Stars, Vog Marrowsplitter, for being a general annoyance (PG13- term for PITA) Smile

So far great fun, looking forward to the next game!
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2006 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

My all-thrall Nightmares are 11-5 in CAS and 7-9 in TDs with a 1-1-2 NFL record
Tyr_DoShan

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2006 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually Todfather and master dude running this league who's name I have forgotten I'm not yet inclined to leave... if you'd rather I stay I will..

let it be said that the luck percentage on that replay was way way off as far as I am concearned.. and my 'star' wolf is kinda an overplay.. seeing as how he has just as many SPPs as the other wolf

I havent left this gig yet.. and if you really want the bounty to be placed on you.. well I was thinking Hartfang.. but since his retirement is in question I'll wait til more is said on that..

Suffice it to say I was in a stressful position to begin with.. so I wasnt handling that game as well as I should have been..

I'll stay if that's fine by you guys.. I just need to dump that 100k into something now lol

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2006 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

This is my 1st ever tournament on FUMBBL and started with easily one of the best games I've ever played.

I had some outrageous luck in the 1st half, getting a BH and KO in my 1st turn, then componded by syspugre's beast KOing itself with double skulls. My mummies were on fire and caused 2 casualties each, and a lot of KO's too.
With my numbers advantage my 1st TD was pretty much assured, though I played cautiously, and stalled for a couple of turns, in case Nuffle decided to pay me back for being so lucky, whilst it would have been sensible for me to score in turn 8, the game was too much fun to do that so I scored turn 6.
Syspurge then played really well and equalised in turn 8.
I kicked off to him in the 2nd half and things went back and forth, with the ball changing hands a couple of times, until my wight manged to dodge, do a 1D blitz and take down the his ST4, big hand beastman Mivonks. Vog Marrowsplitter then grabbed the ball and ran for the endzone, surviving a blitz, before scoring.
Despite only having a maximum of 9 players and me making 4 out of 5 regen rolls Syspurge played a great game and could have easily won. I think I only used 4 out of the 8 Re-rolls I had that game. It was a bloody afair with 2 SI's for the rotters and I had a ghoul killed and another SI.

I'm really looking forward to the rematch and syspurge is added to my whitelist.

I'd like to put a bounty on Mivonks not because I have everything against him, In fact I'd like to offer him a place on my team Twisted Evil
Here's hoping him and Vog live to our re-match to make it a real grudgefest.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2006 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well now I am confused. I got a pm from Tyr_Do'Shan where he said it clearly that he wants to quit NFL. And I started to find a replacement, and found one who might be able to join. And now Tyr_Do'Shan is not quitting.

The thing I am concerned about is that there was concession. In tournaments, that is as bad as it can be, as it gives one opponent a big advantage (in gold etc.) The other thing is that if he was ready to quit after one normal luck game (more of about this later), what gives me any reason to believe that this won't happen again after a bad game?

In first rounds replacements are not that hard to live with, but if someone decides to quit in later rounds, that can really hurt the whole tournament.

(about the luck) Trust me, that game has nothing to do with bad luck. I watched the replay, and there was nothing that was even close to "dice rape". If that makes you think about quitting, what would you do after a real BAD luck game? I am not judging your coaching, but in that game you dug your own grave. It was not the Lady Fortune.

So now I would like to receive a pm from Tyr_Do'Shan, and hear why I should believe that he won't conceed or quit later in this tournament. After that we can discuss about the future. I hate replacements, and I hate concessions.

And about Bounties. After each round, you can place one bounty on your opponents player. Send a PM to me where you indicate the target. And preferably mention something about the reasons behind it in this thread (as you have done, excellent). After all the games are played (of before that) I will add them to Group Page.

And before you play your game, check the Bounty Hunt list. As it might be updated just before your game (someone placed bounty a little late). The PM is needed to give me excact time when the Bounty was placed. As it might be that someone has placed Bounty on your opponent, and it is not updated to the list yet.

So everyone who wants to place Bounties, send a pm to me.

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2006 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well my Handbags at Dawn played the Sackett Clan in a very bloody affair yesterday.

My ladies showed a real will to take AV9 players out of the game but his AV8 beastmen seemed impervious to harm? Shocked

The Sacketts received in the first half and despite an early scare where one of my blitzers sacked their ball carrier and caught the ball, they got it back the next turn and caged for the whole rest of the half. Finally scored in turn 8 but at least i made him make a dodge and 2GFI to do it.

Second half my zons made a fairly easy elfbowl style 2/3 turner to make it 1-1 so then it was all about holding out for the draw and hoping to grab an opening... but none presenting itself.
Overall a fun game and the first time ive used Zons against a strength team so im fairly happy. (trick is i smashed any AV9 STR4's off the pitch :E)

The highlight was niggling his ogre permanently Twisted Evil

I would like to place a bounty on my own apoth....... but since that isnt possible it is being placed on dirty player Tell Sackett for cruelly niggling my new catcher Cherie BLAAAGH in her first game!
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2006 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

That makes Tell Sacket the first player in NFL to get two Bounties upon him. Good work!

I forgot to mention it before that it'd be best if you could wait until the current round is finished before playing your next round game. That way I can ensure that Bounty Hunts are up to date. Cos if you play your game before Bounties are given from the previous game, you won't get the bonus points for hurting those players.

But it's better to play it too soon that not at all Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2006 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, that was me and RonnieColeman playing our 2nd game. We were both online and had already played once, so we thought it wouldn't hurt to get ahead. There were no permanent injuries so the Bounties are unaffected.

It was another really enjoyable and close fought game, I should probably thank Coach Grit for taking out the ogre as I had a much bigger squad I was able to wear the Sackett Clan down and pull off a hard fought win.

I'd like to put my 2nd Bounty on Logan Sackett, there were at least 2 occasions where him having tackle took down my ghouls and stopped me scoring. I'll PM you both bounties Kyyberi.

Also thought I'd mention Mogag Eyesqusher, 1 of my Ghouls killed by Tralk in my 1st game against syspurge. I would have placed a bounty on him but Mogag's sacrifice allowed Vog to score and I think Mivonks was more instrumental in almost winning the game.
Though that won't stop me trying to make Tralk's into an after game snack for Mogag's buddies in our rematch. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2006 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! Everybody hates my players Very Happy I am honoured!
Both games where fun and I enjoyed myself imensly. I am gonna take a closer look at those zons because there where some girls there that deserve a bounty.

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2006 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Good to be hated Smile

And remember, if a player has multiple Bounties upon, collector will get points for each Bounty. That means double points for Tell Sackett.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I nominate Thatcher teh Catcher from Handbags at Dawn for a bounty hunt. She caused a cas and a td in our game. Probably the one that niggled my ogre Sad

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi wrote:
That makes Tell Sacket the first player in NFL to get two Bounties upon him. Good work!

I forgot to mention it before that it'd be best if you could wait until the current round is finished before playing your next round game. That way I can ensure that Bounty Hunts are up to date. Cos if you play your game before Bounties are given from the previous game, you won't get the bonus points for hurting those players.

But it's better to play it too soon that not at all Smile

Kyyberi - Do you think that this might be a reason that coaches left last season? This restriction of only having the deadline to deadline to play matches is so restrictive and is very annoying when you're match is available to play, but other coaches in other conferences are lagging behind. As everybody posts the bounties in the thread anyway, it just seems pointless to say please wait until everyone has finished. We're all big enough and stupid enough to check the thread and kill those players with bounties on without the "need" for the group page to be fully updated, provided that the thread is also used to post bounties. Especially if we realise we are playing the matches early.

In my view if a bounty is to be placed it should be done straight after the match in the thread anyway so there shouldn't be any issues with late posting of bounties and related issues.

Kyyberi - I strongly suggest that you reconsider your request on this and instead just ask that bounties are posted ASAP in the thread. If any bounties are posted (in the thread) after the next match has been played then they do not count. I think this would be a much better method and would not restrict coaches in a frustrating way, while allowing for the league to gain a bit of momentum.

In the White Isle not restricting the deadlines in such a way has allowed the league to finish early, but not only this it gives inter-league rivally in the speed of completing games which adds further benefits in terms of the deadlines being hit.

Anyway please feel free to completely ignore me with my above post, but I think after last season giving all coaches as much flexibility to get their games played as possible, will help to ensure that we don't repeat it all over again in season 2.
Xenon

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and on the subject of "Tyr_Do'Shan" I say unless he gives a decent reason (like RL stress that attributed to him being more inclined to conceed) then Kyyberi should give him the boot. If a coach is going to conceed for no real reason, pull out of the league and then change his mind, then what will stop them doing it again... and again!
Sorry Tyr_Do'Shan but you've given me no faith in you to be able to commit yourself to the league and I want to make sure that we don't end up with the same as last season when only 1 play off match was played and most coaches had dropped out.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Umm.... Lemf and I have our round 2 match scheduled for tomorrow.... Should we call it off then (as it is pre the round 1 deadline)? I should think that he knows about the two of my players with bounties placed upon them? If not, I'll just tell him in chat.

As long as the bounties are posted in the thread - is there a problem?
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2006 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

You guys are absolutely right.

I never really considered the down parts of that "deadline rule". So go on and play your games if both coaches are ready. The rules for Bounties still apply. If a Bounty is not declared when the game begins, it can't be collected.

So please ignore that post, and play your games when both teams are ready. This was my bad, I just looked things from one side and forgot the other.