38 coaches online • Server time: 12:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2007 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Do not agree on lemf until Season 3 is over. This Pro Bowl suggestion is for Season 3, which starts recruiting as soon as Frenzy Bowl is played. And after that it starts in week or two.

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2007 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wise words Kyberi I would be toooo scared to take skillfull players to a match. What would i do with em!
P.s Blackbowl is tuesday 20 feb at 14.15 bb time (scheduled for then anyway)
Kanzo

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2007 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Who I have to face in my Bowl game??

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2007 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with nominating players at the start of the season is that you don't know which players will get better and which will die.

The most important thing is that every team gets at least 1 (or preferably 2) players in the game. Either each coach could nominate a short list of 3-5 players and either the Pro Bowl coach could pick or players could vote, or each division could work it out between them in some fashion, or people could be allowed to nominate 1-3 players on the opponent's team each game, similar to but entirely separate from the bounty system.

All this is really complicated; I think the simple method that would be best is, every player nominates 3 or 4 of his own players and votes for the coach he thinks should helm the Pro Bowl squad. These votes are PMd to Kyyberi, who announces the coaches and PMs them the player lists. The coach then selects his team, choosing the best 2 players from each team (or best 1 and then builds the rest of the team using the rest of the nominees as one big pool; so that a skillful team is created with between 1 and 4 players from each team in the conference). Then Kyyberi announces the squads and everyone sees which of their players made it.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2007 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea that Pro Bowl teams are decided entirely by fans, as in "real" NFL. Now the only fans we got are the coaches themselves. So how about this method:

In the half of the season, right after first cross-division games and before the 2nd meet, every coach nominates 4 players to be Pro Bowl candidates.

After each game, coaches have as many votes as there were fans in the game. So both coaches get half of the votes. As an example, if game had 70´000 fans, both coaches have 35´000 votes. They can distribute them to those 4 players in any manner they wish. They can give all votes to one player, or spread it to several players, or don´t give any votes. They represent their fans.

And to keep things interesting and to avoid tactical voting, those votes are keeped hidden until those last 4 games are played.

So in the end we will have ranking based on voting for those 4 players, and then the 2 best are going to Pro Bowl.

So what is required from coaches? Not much. They just have to do a simple calculation to figure out their votes from the game, and then send a PM to me. I will do the rest.

And about selecting the coach to Pro Bowl. The idea of a lottery which game an edge to those who played more games was to encourage coaches to play their games. And to give some prize for those who try to play their games harder than others.

But then again voting for the best coach in sportmanship and such is also an excellent idea.

Maybe so that coach has those votes to give on 4 players AND an opposing coach. That way he can decide how hard he wants to vote him. And that way we would ensure that there won´t be any ties.

I'm not sure how good I managed to explain my thoughts, but here's an example:

In a game between Hammerheim Hooligans and Bloodsville Bullies there were 120´000 fans. So both coaches get 60´000 votes.

Hammerheim Hooligans coach decides to give following votes to Bloodsville Bullies Pro Bowl candidates:

Bob Bloody:15'000
Bert Bully:1000
Billie Beater:4000
Bubba Bomb:20'000

Bloodsville Bullies Coach:20'000

Bloodsville Bullies coach decides to give following votes:

Hayley Highstar:40'000
Herman Highkick:0
Hubba Heatmore:5
Hassan Ha-Ha-Hart:9995

Hammerheim Hooligans Coach:10'000

I know that this might create a team with quite akward positionals, but what the heck. It's all just for fun. And there might be Dwarfs, Rotters, Elfs and Humans in the team. Who cares about 4 Throwers?

One big decision is to decide if Big Guys are allowed. In my opinion, they are. If coaches think that the stupid Trolls and Ogres are the best, then they are. We all know how good all-ogre teams are... Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2007 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, ogre teams are WONDERFUL! Wink I like mine, even if they DO suck a bit.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2007 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems a little extra complicated, though I do like the concept of fans voting.

Are you saying each coach nominates 4 of his own players, and then votes on his 4 opponents each game?

What happens to dead or retired players? All your nominees could be lost in one game. And what if you just don't get many votes? you could get teams that aren't represented...
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2007 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The black bowl is over, and just like i predicted, it was 1-0. The ogres put up 3 casualties, but just couldn't take advantage, and lost on turn 8. A beautiful match, and now i see why you guys have been patting lemf all season. His dice are HORRIBLE... and he dies lots, but he stays happy and plays anyway, and it really paid off for him in this one! Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2007 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe - that's a fun replay! I really enjoyed the Beast ending up with the ball and almost getting the score at the end of the first half! Very Happy

So, lemf (hooray! - Payoff for sticking with it) and Xenon have won their bowl games, Europe (and Hammerheim A) 2 - 0 U.S.A.

Yaaaaarrrrrrr! Laughing
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2007 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done Lemf, way to go Hammerheim!

Back on to the Pro Bowl. The reason I suggested favouring bountied players is twofold.

1. I think the bounties haven't made much of an impact so far, this may change as some teams now have 3 or 4 bountied players with 20+SPP who would be worth some major points if killed. But as of yet they haven't really altered the league results.

2. It might make the choices for the Pro Bowl a little more interesting, I'd like to see a DP lineman in there, just to add some variety, as with most teams the choice of players would be really obvious, it would either be players with stat increases or the best positionals from the race.
For instance my undead would automatically choose both Mummies, they are very ordinary Mummies, with only 2 skills each amd no doubles or stat increases but they are by far the best players on my team. The ghouls, who come close to them in SPP are nothing special when compared to most other races catchers and are worse than an High elf lion warrior with blodge.
It would also add something extra for the specs as even if your side was losing you could still laugh if a hated player met a sticky end.

As to deciding the coach/players used I think the fans thing is a little complicated, a simple vote for the coach would be good, I would be less likely to vote for a coach who didn't play all his games and I'd much rather watch 2 fun coaches have a laugh than it be a hard fought competitive game.

It would also be like the "best sportsman" award at Games Workshop tournaments and be a reward for making the game fun. Leave the ultra competitive element for the Frenzy Bowl.

So Purplegoo, go out and win that or don't come back at all, your continent is counting on you, the pride of europe rests in the Bears' hands Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2007 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

YAAAAY I WON I WON Very Happy.

I think as it was the blackbowl, teams with lowest scores, both sets of player took to the field thinking the winner was the team who did not score Confused hence a lot of boneheads and a beast who was so shocked to have the ball that he stood for three turns just outside the endzone. He evntually died (usual for my games) REGEN works Smile

This game could have gone either way and neither coach was doing any particularly silly moves either untill turn 15 beastman dodge long bomb pass, completion yay then a very nervous blitz 2d against an ogre with no rr, yay 1 skull and pushback TD Smile

Thanks again Dragonsmaw great game and I end the season W 1 T 2 L 6
back again with all 9 players next season.
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2007 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

well, spubba, that just limits it. I'm sure plenty of bountied players would end up in the team anyway. especially if you decided to nominate bountied players. but several teams (guys like lemf and DragonsMaw who have to trudge through a season with little hope of winning and could most use the pick-me-up of seeing their players take the pitch in the Pro Bowl) would be automatically excluded.

I understand your point about the mummies (though by your own admission they're your best players.) Personally, I wouldn't want my vampire to go, as I have plenty of talented thralls who I like better. But I would understand that people would rather see the vampire in action. But if you have other players you want to see go, maybe a skeleton with HMP or someone with a good backstory or something, then nominate them. (or, depending on how we do it, ask your opponent to nominate them). If you're coaching, pick outside the box.

If we did it my way, you could nominate all your bountied players and none of your mummies and then the coach would have to pick from what you offered him. If you really wanted your ghouls to go, you could nominate them and a couple 0 Spp zombies. That's at least one ghoul in the Pro Bowl, guaranteed.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2007 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

My suggestion of voting is a bit complicated, I know.

On the other hand I don't really like the idea that the Pro Bowl coaches could pick the players.

So maybe we should stick to the easy solution, and state that every coach selects 2 players from his team, and those players go to Pro Bowl. No restrictions of anything. If a coach likes to send 2 mummies, then he sends. After all, the game is just for fun, and not THAT competitive. So there wouldn't be any voting, except for the coaches. And a simple solution is to have every coach give 1, 2 and 3 points to any coach he wants to. Where 3 means the best sportsmanship. And after that all the votes are counted, and the highest scoring coach from HC and BC are the coaches in Pro Bowl.

And what comes to the other rules, is it ok for everyone that for Season 3 the following rules are used:

New teams, TR 150 max.
Replacement teams, TR 150 max.
Salary Cap, Tr 175 max (without gold), EXCEPT FOLLOWING:
Elves, Wood Elves, Dark Elves and High Elves, TR 185 max (without gold).

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2007 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi wrote:
My suggestion of voting is a bit complicated, I know.

On the other hand I don't really like the idea that the Pro Bowl coaches could pick the players.

So maybe we should stick to the easy solution, and state that every coach selects 2 players from his team, and those players go to Pro Bowl. No restrictions of anything. If a coach likes to send 2 mummies, then he sends. After all, the game is just for fun, and not THAT competitive. So there wouldn't be any voting, except for the coaches. And a simple solution is to have every coach give 1, 2 and 3 points to any coach he wants to. Where 3 means the best sportsmanship. And after that all the votes are counted, and the highest scoring coach from HC and BC are the coaches in Pro Bowl.

And what comes to the other rules, is it ok for everyone that for Season 3 the following rules are used:

New teams, TR 150 max.
Replacement teams, TR 150 max.
Salary Cap, Tr 175 max (without gold), EXCEPT FOLLOWING:
Elves, Wood Elves, Dark Elves and High Elves, TR 185 max (without gold).

I agree with everything there.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2007 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy Bowl is now <i>looking</i> like 18:00BBtime on Sunday, +/- an hour or so.
 Jump to: