34 coaches online • Server time: 12:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Jump up on a tree?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2007 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hope we can see the action this time.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2007 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi wrote:
Hope we can see the action this time.

I <i>think</i> that we got it pretty solidly nailed down in IRC this morning. TBH, there was an extra 2 hours time differential than we initially thought which I would think contributed to last week's mix-up. Just gotta work out what to spend my cash on now...
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2007 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Breakthrough Bears 0 - 1 Norsica Outlaws

If ever there was a game of two halves - this was it. 13 Norse and a Wizard lined up against 12 Humans and a Wizard in the first Frenzy Bowl, and first half, the kick went to the Outlaws. They left their ball carrier a little exposed, and a 2 GFI blitz got the ball to ground. I thought as it was his drive, and the ball was on halfway, that I'd tempt his Wiz out early, and caged the ball up. Sure enough, fireball, and a KO and a BH, which I apo'd as it was a final (Whitesun had to use his apo on a turn 1 block 1 RIP - not ideal!). Whitesun recovered, and in turn 7, sent his catcher into Wizard range. I took the tough decision and a lightning bolt struck, I'd rather hoped to MB hit more Norse with a fireball later, but 0-0 at the half with my drive to come was too tempting. Ball down, and my lino couldn't pick up and punt, then Whitesun failed a 3+ quick pass 3+ to lead.

Second half, and after the good, strategic first half, 10 V 10 were all that remained, and I was feeling good about the chance to grind to the win. At least I thought the game would continue to be nip and tuck, and my av8 would outlast their av7. No such luck as Nuffle got involved. Blitz! kickoff, and the Norse poured forth. I actually thought they over committed to the base of the pitch. One block to free my Ogre and guard lino later (I thought) and a switch may prove effective. 2db, skull/skullPOW. Then another, skull/skull, re-rolled to skull/skullPOW (no block), and it was all over at that point. Whitesun got in behind me, and a couple of KO's later (an RIP and BH followed), and that was that. 1 decent turn's luck and a numbers advantage is all a good coach needs to win, and Whitesun efficiently stalled the game out, leaving me no chance. It still needed winning, and he did so excellently.

We have a worthy NFL champion, grats to Whitesun. I have a Nuffle Voodoo Doll to take care of...
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2007 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Wohoo! We have a winner. Smile

Grats to Whitesun, the Torphy is coming during the next week.

And information on Season 3 is coming too during the next week. I plan to start the season in 1-2 weeks, so if you like to trim your team please feel free to do it.

TR limits for old teams are 175, and for new teams it's 150.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Is that 150 with or without spare cash at hand? Would I be able to bring in a 160 TR team if 100k was contributing to the 10 point difference?

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Without the gold. As all TR limits in NFL.

First I thought that the limit is with gold as usual, but then I thought again. As the gold doesn't really affect TS, it just gives handicaps to opponents. Unless coach hires a wizard. That is why there is a new rule to clarify the Salary Cap thing:

You can't hire freebooters or wizard in pregame, if that raises your TR over the Salary Cap.

So basicly if your TR is 183, and you have 100´00 gold, you can't hire wizard, or any player that raises your TR by 3 or more points. As if you do so, your TR (without gold) is over the Cap prior to the game.

I think this is clear to some coaches, but I just wanted to clarify it so that everyone knows it.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi wrote:
You can't hire freebooters or wizard in pregame, if that raises your TR over the Salary Cap.

Oooh - I thought that was always the case? Or was I just incorrectly assuming? I don't think it affected any games anyways, but I guess the statement helps. I was always gonna get the Wiz for the Bowl anyways, but getting 2 ‘booters I thought was not an option for me as a Blitzer and Lino would have put me at TR175.5 with 5k left over.

In other news - with the slowness of lfg'ing in [U]nranked, I'm struggling to get the Bears warm-up games so I can sack Curie and replace my St 3 catcher (sob). Anyone got any non-hardcorekiller teams that want to give me a sound thrashing? Obviously I can't make pre-match agreements, as it is against the rules, but there is a certain skill on one of my Linos that I may or MAY NOT utilize in a friendly atmosphere. Any takers? Elves - perhaps! Razz
Kanzo

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi, can you post the Bowls games in order to find my opponent?

thx

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2007 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi wrote:
Without the gold. As all TR limits in NFL.

First I thought that the limit is with gold as usual, but then I thought again. As the gold doesn't really affect TS, it just gives handicaps to opponents.

Well that's good news for me.

I've decided that The Altdorf Ex-Stars will not be taking part in season 3 of the NFL. I'm going to sack some of the non bountied players and drop some re-rolls to do some re-building.

Their place will be taken by my Dark Elves the Doom Gate Killers.

If anyone wants another stab at the Ex-Stars or to play one of my Unranked teams, drop me a PM. I've got a couple of human teams if you are wanting to rebuild and a very low TR High Elf team or an Ogre team if you are feeling brave and want to lose some players. Wink
DragonsMaw

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey purplegoo, i have a few teams that even if i TRIED prolly wouldn't ruin your team, give me a shout next time you see me in chat.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the time for Bowl games has gone (unless you play them extra-quick). The teams/coaches in Bowls was posted some time ago to this thread.

It is time to move towards Season 3. If you left Bowl game unplayed, don't worry. They are just extra spice in the cake.

I am going to kick everyone from the Group now, and I will send PM to you all to remind you of this:

If you'd like to take part in Season 3, and you are motivated to play your games and take resbonsibility about your games and membership, please apply again with the team that you'd like to take in. The team DOES NOT have to be in TR range now. The Cap takes place at the start of the 1st round, which is in about 1-2 weeks. I will give existing coaches some time (this weekend and the start of the next week) to take their place in Season 3, before I start to advertise it to the rest of the FUMBBL community.

Please remember following when selecting your team:

TR limit is 175 for those teams that took part in Season 2. If you'd like to change your team, the limit is TR 150. Even elven teams have the limit of 150 (as there are no "oldies"). The higher Cap for elves takes place when the season has started.

There will be 8 games in regular season, and playoffs after that. We will have 1½ week schedule. Although there was some discussion about 1 week schedule, but that limits the games to just 1 weekend. And as some of the coaches have families and are working in "real" jobs, I think 1½ week schedule works best.

If you think that 1 week schedule is much more better, just state it in this thread. If majority of coaches favor it, we will have it.

What is new for Season 3?

Cross-Division games as paired up according to points. Those who have less points, are facing those who have also less points. This balances things a little, and gives chances to "lesser" teams.

Game time announcement. Not a strict rule, but every coach is advised to schedule their games as soon as possible, and PM it to me. I will update it to the new league website (NFL Website) so that everyone will see it. There will be nice graphics and stuff for those games that have the game times. You are also free to write match reports or pre-game looks, and all of those are added to the website too.

You are free to write columns, stories, interview and what-else-comes-to-mind about your team and NFL, and those are added to the website.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Applied!

And DragonsMaw - I only just noticed your post - thanks! The next time I see you in chat and I'm lfg, I'll give you a nudge. Wink

Having played 2 friendlies to this point, we're in a bit of bother at 184/148 (some nasty/good Rotters gave us a whacking), but I'm sure we'll get fixed up soon. Very Happy
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn... I had a perfect team on heavy metal head bangers (Pant Era) to enter NFL, but now you can't transfer teams from Ranked anymore.

So now I either have to make a new team and try to reach at least TR 140, or use one of my League teams... Too bad the really notable teams are either Necro or Amazons. Both of them are quite... umm... fragile in tournament enviroment. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah - 'Zons rule at this kind of TR. Cheap Linos, cheap RR's and blodge everywhere. Pure fluke that I beat Grit, plus with the Skaven and Undead Ghouls in Hammer A, I already had spent precious Blitzer skills on tackle. Which you’re unlikely to find everywhere.

Necros can be sweet in a tournament environment, check out this season's WIL Premier Division, for example (sig). However at TR 175, they're a bit dicey. But you do have the advantage of multiple Zombie DPs that are dirt cheap and do little to your cap room.

Actually, what happens if you as a Necro coach, kill my bountied player, raise him, then I go after him and kill him again?! Double points?! Very Happy

Edit: Shocked See you've gone for Khemri!

/me hopes all of Hammer A is back for season 3, be gone with you to munch the other division! Very Happy
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, did a HUGE trimdown (about 40TR) for my precious Khemri. It's time to see those 3 blodge Mummies in NFL field Smile