44 coaches online • Server time: 15:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Virral

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2006 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, we have 9 names on the draft list:

Virral
ansalon4
Patrician
ClayInfinity
Quod
DaemonicLazoth
toonook
Glutton
tribalsinner

Anyone else who is interested should get their PM in ASAP (it would be nice and tidy to get a tenth person), otherwise I'll be sorting the draft out so we can all get our teams made up.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty, considering I haven't had any submissions for a few days now, I'd say we are ready to go! We have 11 coaches, and so we will be running a swiss style tournament with each competitor receiving a bye against a tournament filler.

The new group has been created, please submit your teams there. Just like the normal SWL, the teams you use should be newly created and not play any games beyond those of the tournament.

I give you the SWL 4vs4 Leeg: [url]
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4015[/url]

And now for the all important draft. Using the incredibly complex and intricate method of rolling a number of dice to decide order (and in Clay's case also rolling to decide a random race for him) here is the draft. I was happy to see that almost everyone got their first choice, my apologies to those who didn't.

Here is the draw in order of selection (I put myself at the end in the interest of fairness):

Longshanks - Chaos Dwarf
Glutton - Gnoblar
Patrician - Wood Elf
Toonook - Necromantic
tribalsinner - Amazon
Clay - Dark Elf
Quod - Skaven
Gebannus - Chaos
DaemonicLazoth - Eshins
ansalon4 - Undead
Virral - Orcs

There is still one empty slot left if someone wants it, to avoid the need for a bye, so if anyone else wants to pick an unselected race and join in the fun, send me a PM ASAP.

Everyone else, get those teams approved and submitted (to the NEW group, not the current one!) and lets get this underway Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

what's up with the restriction on bash skills?
If I'd known that beforehand I wouldn't have drafted with Chaos

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the same ruleset as the normal group, the bash skill restrictions were set in place due to the massive impact a casualty causes. Chaos still has the advantage of other mutations and the most agile str4 players in the game. That being said, if you wish to change teams I'll allow it, as ansalon4 missed out on both his first and second preferences (Chaos and Chaos Dwarf) and I am sure he would like the chance to take his first choice instead.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Some Ideas for future from someone who thinks anything except the normal 11 on 11 is blasphemous.....

1. what about 7 a side instead of 4? cas less impacting (i having 6 on 7 isnt as disastrous as 4 on 3) and also allows for more players in backfield so less players on LOS for bashy teams to get their hands on turn 1.

2. What about allowing larger rosters but only 7 on the field. E.g. all teams must start with 11 and maintain 11 (if at all possible) and therefore skills are more balanced across team (rather than super players); teams could build more tactical players to deploy against different opponents; and cas wouldnt impact game between restarts quite so dramatically beacuse of replacements.
Virral

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

7 a side would be good too (in fact, I am fairly sure there are some fairly well established rules for Blood Bowl 7s), but as far as I know the java client forces you to put all available players on the field, up to 11. So if you have 11 players you can't just choose to field 7 (or 4). If it were possible, I would be all for allowing teams at least 1 reserve who cannot take the pitch unless a KO or Cas is suffered.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes there are established seven a side BB rules (they attempt to mimic amateur type leagues, no rerolls allowed etc, smaller field). Having playing it on TT a number of times, have to say it doesn't feel that much different to the 11-a-side version. Four or five-a-side plays quite differently.
Patrician

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I notice the name change Virral - do you think Admin will stick the boot in? Rolling Eyes

EDIT - I also notice we have a commissioner *cough* amongst our gang of rebels....does that mean the ban on 4vs4 chat in #SWL is lifted?

Last edited by Patrician on %b %08, %2006 - %05:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Patrician

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Virral wrote:
DaemonicLazoth - Eshins

Wow...now there's a lateral thinker Cool

Mind you, those poison daggers will be lethal.
Virral

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Patrician wrote:
I notice the name change Virral - do you think Admin will stick the boot in? Rolling Eyes

As far as I'm concerned we are Clay Approved (tm) Laughing

In all seriousness though, if Clay doesn't want me to use that title then I'm happy to change it, but given that it is a pretty accurate description of what we are all doing I am hopeful that noone will mind.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 05:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Patrician wrote:
Virral wrote:
DaemonicLazoth - Eshins

Wow...now there's a lateral thinker Cool

Mind you, those poison daggers will be lethal.

Ahhh but so will the ref, a bad call by the ref after a turnover and you've lost half your team with no chance of appeal. Risky business!

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 06:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Virral - still a place left?
Virral

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes Greg, we would welcome someone to take the last place! Just pick any race available in unranked that isn't already taken and submit it to the group.

Are you going to convert the heathens from within? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah - I just want to prove to you all that it is a disgraceful venture and a blight on this fine sport.
I shall prove that by winning and mercilessly destroying any opposition and thus crushing your hopes and dreams.

I'll create team and submit tonight. Is that ok?
I havent read the group page yet to see when this thing is meant to start.
Virral

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, yep sometime tonight is fine. I've got the first round deadline as the 20th of November, and then every two weeks from then.