42 coaches online • Server time: 18:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Welcome Newcomers - ...goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gregory_n_white

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

havent played 4x4 so ill have to seriously consider team choice...... give me somthing to ponder on tram on way home.
Patrician

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Virral wrote:
Lol, yep sometime tonight is fine. I've got the first round deadline as the 20th of November, and then every two weeks from then.

Bah - I'm looking to get all of my games done in a weekend Twisted Evil
Virral

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't really have time to do much play testing to decide who to take, but at least you can use the 4vs4 "fringe" group to playtest whatever race you do choose. My hot tip is that both strength and movement is important, in particular if you don't have reasonable movement people can escape you too easily (and failing getting high strength players you'd be wise to invest in some dauntless where possible).

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Patrician wrote:
Virral wrote:
Lol, yep sometime tonight is fine. I've got the first round deadline as the 20th of November, and then every two weeks from then.

Bah - I'm looking to get all of my games done in a weekend Twisted Evil

Hehe that might be a bit optomistic, but given how speedy the games are I'd like to think we will keep well ahead of the schedule.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 07:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Virral wrote:
Alrighty, considering I haven't had any submissions for a few days now, I'd say we are ready to go! We have 11 coaches, and so we will be running a swiss style tournament with each competitor receiving a bye against a tournament filler.

The new group has been created, please submit your teams there. Just like the normal SWL, the teams you use should be newly created and not play any games beyond those of the tournament.

I give you the SWL 4vs4 Leeg: [url]
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4015[/url]

And now for the all important draft. Using the incredibly complex and intricate method of rolling a number of dice to decide order (and in Clay's case also rolling to decide a random race for him) here is the draft. I was happy to see that almost everyone got their first choice, my apologies to those who didn't.

Here is the draw in order of selection (I put myself at the end in the interest of fairness):

Longshanks - Chaos Dwarf
Glutton - Gnoblar
Patrician - Wood Elf
Toonook - Necromantic
tribalsinner - Amazon
Clay - Dark Elf
Quod - Skaven
Gebannus - Chaos
DaemonicLazoth - Eshins
ansalon4 - Undead
Virral - Orcs

There is still one empty slot left if someone wants it, to avoid the need for a bye, so if anyone else wants to pick an unselected race and join in the fun, send me a PM ASAP.

Everyone else, get those teams approved and submitted (to the NEW group, not the current one!) and lets get this underway Very Happy

your group link is teh broken. Fortunately I have skills and found my way there anyway
Lelruthus

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

toonook wrote:
Virral wrote:
Alrighty, considering I haven't had any submissions for a few days now, I'd say we are ready to go! We have 11 coaches, and so we will be running a swiss style tournament with each competitor receiving a bye against a tournament filler.

The new group has been created, please submit your teams there. Just like the normal SWL, the teams you use should be newly created and not play any games beyond those of the tournament.

I give you the SWL 4vs4 Leeg: [url]
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4015[/url]

And now for the all important draft. Using the incredibly complex and intricate method of rolling a number of dice to decide order (and in Clay's case also rolling to decide a random race for him) here is the draft. I was happy to see that almost everyone got their first choice, my apologies to those who didn't.

Here is the draw in order of selection (I put myself at the end in the interest of fairness):

Longshanks - Chaos Dwarf
Glutton - Gnoblar
Patrician - Wood Elf
Toonook - Necromantic
tribalsinner - Amazon
Clay - Dark Elf
Quod - Skaven
Gebannus - Chaos
DaemonicLazoth - Eshins
ansalon4 - Undead
Virral - Orcs

There is still one empty slot left if someone wants it, to avoid the need for a bye, so if anyone else wants to pick an unselected race and join in the fun, send me a PM ASAP.

Everyone else, get those teams approved and submitted (to the NEW group, not the current one!) and lets get this underway Very Happy

your group link is teh broken. Fortunately I have skills and found my way there anyway

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4015
Lelruthus

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, the season winner will get a pennant, as well as the right to keep the 4v4 trophy in their team bio until the end of the following season.

Wink
toonook

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

*cough* where's my sunday 4v4 ko tourny pendant and trophy? Sad

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes, almost forgot the sweet trophy that Lelruthus whipped up. It's teh awesome!

Lel, if you understand enough of the html magiks to do it, perhaps you could link an image of the trophey onto the group page? Let everyone know the glory that can be attained Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

woah can i get in or it it too late?
i misunderstood it was a draft and just went and made a team of cd's and sent it in to the 4x4 general leeg page lol
Lelruthus

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Virral wrote:
Ah yes, almost forgot the sweet trophy that Lelruthus whipped up. It's teh awesome!

Lel, if you understand enough of the html magiks to do it, perhaps you could link an image of the trophey onto the group page? Let everyone know the glory that can be attained Smile

I COULD do it, but I don't
a) have the right to edit the group info for that
b) think it should be... it is available, but it's glory should be hidden until the unveiling of the code to include it in the team bio to the tournament winner.

that way people can't "steal" it.

mind you, if they do, I can steal it back again later by changing the UR, but i'd rather not have to do that.

and the sunday KO is a friendly tournament, just a title is awarded.
Virral

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00n wrote:
woah can i get in or it it too late?
i misunderstood it was a draft and just went and made a team of cd's and sent it in to the 4x4 general leeg page lol

Unfortunately gregory_n_white beat you to it sp00n. If we can find one more to keep the numbers even then we could split into two divisions and have a final between the two winners to decide the ultimate champion.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

okay, if we end up having 2 divisions, each division winner will get a division title pennant, and the overall winner the trophy
Virral

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, forget what I just said. Madbomber has also decided to sign up, which brings us back to even numbers. Sp00n, submit your dwarves to the group page. Gregory_n_white and Madbomber, you can both pick any remaining team, and submit them. If we have any clashes we can flip a coin.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2006 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Im in with Norse...probably going to be a massive easy beat but oh well should still be fun hopefully. Watch out for "Fjorir Konungr".
 Jump to: