Posted by grunth on 2017-02-24 10:52:56
DLE is a GREAT league, thats really a new experience on FUMBBL... many stats, fluffy stuff... JOIN QUICK ! :D
Posted by Calthor on 2017-02-24 12:44:25
Interested, I think.
Posted by Kaiowas on 2017-02-24 13:03:27
I re engaged with fumbbl in order to play in this league. Love it a lot
Posted by Meanandugl on 2017-02-24 13:19:51
And btw it doesn't matter if you are the average Joe coach or a top-gun, we have them both, and like it this way. The things that really matter are reliability and commitment. This league is more time-consuming than the average FUMBBL league (our coaches love it) and not a hop-on, hop-off league.
Posted by Badpublicity on 2017-02-24 13:31:46
I love this league! Good community, nice people, and are a lot of fun! My highest recommendation!! Be here or be a suckaneer!
Posted by grunth on 2017-02-24 13:36:22
Posted by ttorvatn on 2017-02-24 14:03:22
Please consider us :) You will be very welcome, as I was when I joined in season 2. Best league I ever participated in :)
Posted by Danish_Dan on 2017-02-24 15:32:05
So, obviously, a lot of people in the league love it (hell so do I), but a word of warning.
This league makes you care more about your team and your players than any other league or team that I've ever played. I care more about my Wolfskins than all my other teams put together!
Due to the draft and trading nature, your players, your picks are GOLD. They are currency, and they are bought, earned, trained through long hard hours of work. Some people would sell their own mothers for a top 10 1st rounder (badp, looking at you!).
Therefore, be prepared to care far more than you ever meant to. To obsess and fret like never before.
You will never forgive or forget the day when you tried to dodge your star killer blitzer for no whatsever reason, and he fell over and died (sorry to bring that up again C98!)
Posted by Krivapeta on 2017-02-24 15:40:54
Posted by kummo on 2017-02-24 16:14:10
This isn't just another fumbbl league.
It's more like online fantasy football manager + blood bowl
Some major differences from other leagues i have played or spectated:
- Every team has own custom color-scheme (sometimes other nice features like fox tails on helmets, crowns instead of helmets, medieval-type costumes
- Some teams have traded, drafted and developed themed team for themselves. Despite this being all-human-league you can face some serious killers or pesky elfs
- No inducements = no bloat. You won't say no to +str, +ag or yet enother double again. You won't fire healthy players. You are not scared to face wiz with your monsters. You can do whatever you want as long as your recourses (spp, draftpicks, playertrades) allow. TV isn't stopping you ever!
- People will pm you alot. Not only asking about next game but about trading with you, opinions, banter*, traderumors* and about matches others play*. Heck, i've got few times message only asking about whats going on in my life.
This isn't just another league you want to play. This is a community you want to belong in. Did i mention that games get 3-15 specs (mostly 5-7) and that people don't just sit and watch - we actually comment the game, talk about life and sometimes make silly jokes. And spectator seat isn't only place we do this: we have "war room" in google docs and very active discord (mostly even more active than fumbbl discord channel is).
Posted by FRSHMN on 2017-02-24 17:06:12
Okay, from my previous talkers, you already got it that this league is great. Let's talk about some other things now, that you will get with the package (and I really hope that these won't keep you from applying):
- We are in season 3 now with half og the teams playing in this league from day one. They are what can be called "developed to a near-end state". And their coaches know how to drive these cars...
- Your team can be adapted to something that you like to play in a certain way, but don't expect to get a team that is as developed as the above mentioned. It's part of the league to go through such a development phase before you hit the peak.
- Well, this is blood bowl and players will die the one or other way on the green. This will happen, and this is wanted to happen. As much as we are pixel huggers, we also know that these pixels' days are counted by the day we give them their names. And we are looking for the coaches with a similar state of mind.
- This league not only is decided by coaching skill but also by negotiations. Negotiations about players, negotiations about draft rights. Ideally these trades are balanced. But as you are a new coach, you might not know what is balanced. So, get in touch with other coaches, get input, let them evaluate your deal, get multiple opinions.
Still, bad trades happen. Live with it and get over it.
We do not look for coaches that usually quickload or abandon a (computer) game once a result isn't in their favour. We're looking for the leather neck coaches that play through blizzards and against blitz!es, you know what I mean.
- It's a dice game! This means, in the end this game gets decided by 1's and 6's, Skulls and Pows. You can swear to Nuffle, you can call your opponent "lucker", you can cry about it... but try and regain your mood in short time. Remember you are not playing a bot, but another human being, that trys to have an hour of pixelous fun.
So, to make a long story short (too late, I know): DLE wants you! But not only for a short time frame. This league is about dedication and endurance.
Please ask yourself: Am I such a coach?
If your answer is "No.", that's a pity but no shame. DLE just isn't the right league for you.
If your answer is "Yes!" ("Hell yeah!" an acceptable alternative), than please apply, get in touch with Meanandugl (or bghandras... or any other coach), ask questions, join us on discord, get involved. You'll get a hearty welcome.
Posted by SpecialOne on 2017-02-24 18:22:50
Well. New guys. I have someone you should meet. Erhm. Rather his boot. It will welcome you with warmth and that spikey love only a Dirty Player can give you...
Meet Van Kassel of the Rotenbach Razorbacks!