DLA is a franchise based league.
The league has 16 franchises, but is open to expansion if there is interest. Each team is named after a City/Province in the Atlantic region (EU and NA).
Please see the "Joining DLA" section for more information.
Draft lingo (expressions widely used at Discord)
- Hep! : Hi / Hello / Morning / Evening
- Trading rights: The draft pick itself
- Trade banter: Advertise a trading opportunity, and telling what you offer/need.
- Feeler: Sending an inquiry about a potential trade, without an actual offer.
- Conditional pick: When the result of the trade depends on a condition that will be or will not be met at a later point of time. Example: I give you a 2nd round pick for that, but i give a 1st round pick instead, if i will win my division.
- Overdrafted: Something is selected too early compared to value. Highly subjective. Like linemen are overdrafted.
- Underdrafted: Opposite of overdrafted. Something should have been selected much earlier.
- Trade up: This one is easy. Send a combination of picks for a higher selection.
- Trade down: Opposite of trading up. Giving up a selection for more selections.
- Frontload: Give up future draft selection right for immediate selection right. Future picks have less value as time is money, so the future pick given up is better.
- Backload: Opposite of frontloading. When someone sells current draft stock for better and or more future draft stock.
|Information on joining DLA|
League is running with 16 franchises. Dropouts happen, and people quit at some point, so we are always looking for reserves. We are working with a waiting list in case a franchise will be on sale. If you are interested, then get in contact with the staff.
There are two different ways how you can join the league:
- Full migration using custom rosters. Including SPPs, injuries. Fan factor remains the same. New owner inherits the draft rights.
- Team logos and stuff are inherited. Previous owner is kindly asked to provide the full code for the team bio. The new owner may adjust the bio. If the previous owner wishes a reference to the original designer of the team page will be added.
-Existing coaches may elect to start from scratch by using the Expansion procedure noted below.
-New coaches to the league can take an existing team that played in the season that just ended/is running, or they can expand by this process:
- Players drafted will be picked from previous draft pools. You will not "steal" anyone's player, but instead you will create a copy and rename any player you choose to draft.
- You will have 4 draft picks of 4 drafts each, and each draft will give you a 1st, a 2nd a 3rd and a 4th round picks respectively.
- Players drafted will start with 3,2,1,0 accrued seasons of service respectively. (Players retire after 4 seasons of service.)
- Look at column J for pick number. 1-16 are 1st rounders, etc. You are no allowed to select the top8 of each round (as if you had pod no9), but you can select any player below no9 with your 1st round pick (also the top8 pick of 2nd round.)
- At the end you will have 4 players from each 4 different age categories, as well as four from each draft categories. Which means that you will have 16 players, a full roster (everyone else will be having a full roster too).
- Read the rules about other misc items like FF=5, apo, 3 rerolls, etc.
So with your 1st round pick you can select anyone with a number lower than 8
With your 2nd round pick you can select anyone with a number lower than 24
With your 3rd round pick you can select anyone with a number lower than 40
With your 4th round pick you can select anyone with a number lower than 56
DLA matches are played under CRP and fumbbl tournament rules - no game options take place with the following exceptions/additions:
1. League uses custom rosters, and automated skilling. Player bio should include all skills, stats a player has, season of drafting, round of drafting, etc, and also spp inherited with the link to previous incarnation. Mandatory to track those, also in the dead/past players section.
2. DLA TW counts skills, no base value charge. (Also includes FF, Apo, rerolls.)
3. If a player starts his career with skills, then the player starts with the appropriate spps. (So a 3 skilled drafted player arrives with 31 spp.)
4. 3 rostered team rerolls and 1 rostered apothecary, starting fan factor is 5. No cheerleader / assistant coach is allowed.
5. Draft is the main source of talent. Teams with worst record will get the best pods in the draft, hence get the chance to get better players than teams doing well. The pods will be the same through all rounds of a drafft. A draft has 4 rounds.
6. Undrafted players go to a FREE AGENT (FA) pool. If a team is below 1300 TW between 2 games for any reason, then that team can select 1 player from the FA pool. (A team can can be select only 1 FA between rounds. No FA can be selected before the 1st game and after the last game of regular season. No FA during the playoffs.) The FA pool contains unlimited number of single skilled players of every position with every normal skill. If you have 3 or more rookies on your team, you are entitled to an extra single normal skilled FA, regardless of your TW, until you have only 2 rookies on your team.
7. Every player retires after the end of their 4th season. This also applies to rookies. FREE AGENTS count their time on the FA list as well. So a sucky FA will be gone after 4 seasons.
8. MVP is one of the 3 nominated.
9. Piling on skill is not allowed.
10. Regular season with 7 rounds of swiss games (without overtime). Playoffs with 8 best teams with overtime. Draft off tournament for 8 worst teams.
11. No inducements at any stage.
12. For a win you get 2 points, for a draw you get 1 point, and 0 points for losses. For infractions like concessions and no shows the enforcer may punish you for a -1 point for playoff consideration, and +1 point for draft consideration.
13. 14 days to complete a round. Count starts with the end of last game of last round.
14. EU (bbtime) evenings are the prime time for DLA. (Division split accounts for personal preferences.)
15. Dont time out your opponent. If the opponent is too slow, then report it. With that said play reasonably fast, dont go over 4 minutes without reason.
16. Breaking the rules, like concessions, egregious no shows may result in forfeiture of draft picks in the oncoming draft. Concession, repeated forfeit, or intentionally losing are valid reasons for a ban. If you want to tank for next draft, then your best bet is to try scoring often, and collect SPPs, so play at least semi-competitively. You are, of course, allowed to put your reserve squad on the field...
17. If a player dies, or retired for any reason, then the team is allowed to buy a rookie replacement.
18. Player trades are big part of the league, they are not just allowed, but encouraged. Players, current, and future draft picks can be traded. Draft rights beyond the second next draft are not allowed to be traded.
19. A trade is agreed once all parties agreed to it and a staff member is invited and sees the agreements. A trade is official once a staff member posts it. Trades will be resolved after the end of a season, and the trade window is open until the new season starts (with fixtures).
20. If a trade is agreed, but any player involved in the deal suffers either death/-STR/-AG/-MA/-AV/Niggle injury, then the trade voids. There is no way to formulate a deal to circumvent this clause. Coaches may add additional void clauses to deals.
21. A trade cannot contain any provision for events AFTER the resolution of a trade.
22. Potions, sponges, scrolls, snotling hunters, and any past, present and future site benefits in DLA in any way, shape or form, are not allowed.
23. The team with higher TV readies first.
24. All uncovered items will be judged be comissioners using the CRP ruleset, and Fumbbl site rules as final guidelines.
25. Teams will start with a Fan Factor of 5.
26. League staff will rule any borderline cases, precedented and unprecedented exceptions. As fumbbl says, the comissioners word is law.
27. MNG will be eliminated from now on during the offseason. So if you get a MNG on a player at the very last game in the season, then ask group admin to remove it. (Similarly, MNG does not transfer if the player is traded.)
• If a team's TW (so MNG included) is below a treshold, then the team can select 1 player.
- The Free Agents list is at the Warroom (google docs) sheet 'FA'.
- Treshold TW=1300.
- If you have 3 or more rookies on your team, you are entitled to an extra single normal skilled FA, regardless of your TW, until you have only 2 rookies on your team.
Process of asking for a Free Agent:
- Contact staff between 2 rounds of regular season when you have a TW below 1300.
- Staff checks your team TW, and says you can or cannot select. (If your team TW is BELOW the treshold, then he will give you green light.) Beware that fumbbl may not select the TW correctly if you manually skilled a player, so the TW needs to be checked manually before FA pickup.
- You browse through the list of FA sheet, picking someone that was not picked before.
- Staff deletes/crosses the player that you pick, so noone else can select.
- You create the player, and write the details into his bio. Acquisition type is Free Agent.
- You create the player, and write the details into his bio. Acquisition type is Free Agent.