|Information on joining DLA|
DLA will finish Season 8 playoffs by end of March (ish) at which point the Commish is on vacation. S9 will not run until 2023 or if we can find a new Commish.
The league has about 14 coaches spread across two divisions (North America and Europe). Dropouts happen, and people quit at some point so we are always looking for more. The league will expand if we get more coaches.
If you are interested then get in contact with the staff.
There are two different ways how you can join the league:
- Full migration using an existing franchise including SPPs and injuries. Fan factor remains the same.
- New owner inherits the franchise's draft rights.
- The new owner may adjust the bio and team name.
-Existing coaches may elect to start from scratch and new coaches can create a new team by this process:
- Players drafted will be picked from previous draft pools. You will not "steal" anyone's player but instead you will create a copy and rename any player you choose to draft.
- You will have 4 draft picks from four different draft seasons (labelled in the master spreadsheet as Dx x being the season number). For example, if the league is drafting from D9 you will draft your 16 players from D5 D6 D7 and D8 ie four from each. From each of the four Dx sheets you will pick from a spread of draft positions by selecting from within brackets (ie the position the player was previously picked):
Your 1st round pick must be a player previously drafted as number 8-23
Your 2nd round pick must be a player previously drafted as 24-39
Your 3rd round pick must be a player previously drafted as 40-55
Your 4th round pick must be a player previously drafted higher than 55
Anyone creating an expansion team between the playoffs and next draft will also participate in the draft for the new season. Players selected from the draft can only be hired by giving away the equivalent draft selection from the highest draft pool the expansion team used. For example: coach X drafts from D4, D5, D6, and D7. The coach then participates in the D8 draft. This coach wants to keep the first round pick from D8. To make room on his team, he must release the first pick from D7. This prevents a coach having 20 players and trading them for future gain. Expansion coaches are allowed to trade their draft choices (ie the pending draft, D8 in the example above) for future draft picks.
- Players drafted will start with 3 2 1 0 accrued seasons of service respectively. Ie using the example above players from the D5 sheet will have only one year to play. Players from the D6 sheet will have two years to play etc. League rule - Players retire after 4 seasons of service.
Season 1 Champion: Liverpool WarBirds, coached by TheDemon, beating Nextflux
Season 2 Champion: Budapest Archers, coached by bghandras, beating Doofr
Season 3 Champion: Budapest Archers, coached by bghandras, beating misterlonestar
Season 4 Champion: Oslo Trolls, coached by andjohnsen, beating Guinness
Season 5 Champion: Great White Northerners, coached by Guinness, beating bghandras
Season 6 Champion: Budapest Archers, coached by bghandras, beating Copenhagen Harlequins (Hovring)
Season 7 Champion: Great White Northerners (coach Valen) defeat Bremen Blackbirds (Wrinkles)
Season 8 Champion: Lucca Hyenas (coach Puccios) defeat Fort-de-France Maroons (Rhumy)
DLA matches are played under CRP and fumbbl tournament rules - no game options take place with the following exceptions/additions:
1. To help with tracking players - particularly in trades and when teams change coaches, it is REALLY important that each player bio contains this information: skills, season of drafting, spp inherited, and a link to any previous incarnation or trade.
2. DLA TW counts skills, no base value charge. (Also includes FF, Apo, rerolls.)
3. If a player starts his career with skills, then the player starts with the appropriate spps. (So a 3 skilled drafted player arrives with 31 spp.)
4. 3 rostered team rerolls and 1 rostered apothecary, starting fan factor is five. No cheerleaders or assistant coaches are allowed.
5. You can fire players and buy a replacement player, but they are rookies, ie no skills.
6. If a team is below 1300 TW between 2 games for any reason, then that team can purchase one rookie and get a free normal skill up - pm admin. If you have 3 or more rookies on your team, you are entitled to an extra single normal skill on any one of those players; regardless of your TW; until you have only 2 rookies on your team.
7. Every player retires after the end of their 4th season. This also applies to rookies.
8. MVP is one of the 3 nominated.
9. Piling on skill is not allowed.
10. For Season 7 - Regular season with 7 rounds of swiss games (without overtime). Playoffs occur with the 8 best teams with overtime. Draft off tournament for 8 worst teams to determine drafting position (the winner of the draft off tournament gets first pick). For Season 8, there will be two conferences: NA and EU. Each conference will play a normal tournament where each team plays each other once. No OT. The final standings determine draft order for the next season. The top two in each conference go to a playoff to determine who goes to the DLA Superbowl (ie, NA vs EU).
11. NO INDUCEMENTS are allowed for games, EVER. If a coach buys an inducement; either don't play it and pm knine; or, play it but find a way not to use the players or inducement. Eg, park the player you weren't supposed to have in the corner of the field and don't use him. Eg, if you take a keg, and you get a player back because of the keg, and you have only 11 players then put that player in the corner and forget about him.
12. For a win you get 2 points, for a draw you get 1 point, and 0 points for losses. Forfeits where there isn't a clear reason for the forfeit will result in 0 points for each team.
13. 14 days to complete a round - dates will be posted on the tournament page.
14. Don't time out your opponent.
15. Player trades are big part of the league, they are not just allowed, but encouraged. Players, current, and future draft picks can be traded. Draft rights beyond the next draft are not allowed to be traded (it's too hard to track). Each coach in the trade must pm (discord) the staff (knine) to coord the deal. A trade is official only after a staff member posts it on discord. Trades can happen at any time.
16. If a trade is agreed, but any player involved in the deal suffers either death/-STR/-AG/-MA/-AV/Niggle injury before the trade is enacted, then the trade voids.
17. A trade cannot contain any provision for events AFTER the resolution of a trade.
18. The team with higher TV readies first, ideally at least one day before the game.
19. Teams will start with a Fan Factor of 5, and normal FF rules apply thereafter (it goes up and down based on your performance and NUffle).
20. MNG will be eliminated during the offseason. So if you get a MNG on a player at the very last game in the season, then ask group admin to remove it. Similarly, MNG does not transfer if the player is traded.
21. FREE AGENTS (FAs): Undrafted players go to a FREE AGENT (FA) pool as a listed FA
. Listed FAs
count their time in the FA pool and will be removed after 4 seasons, as every DLA player retires after the end of their 4th season. The FA pool also contains an unlimited number of unlisted FAs
, theese are single skilled players of every position with every normal skill, that can be selected as FAs that retire after 4 seasons from selection.
22: FREE AGENT SELECTION: If a team is below 1300 TW between 2 regular season games for any reason, then that team can select 1 player from the FA pool - Either listed or unlisted. (A team can select only 1 FA between rounds this way. No FA can be selected before the 1st game and after the last game of regular season. No FA during the playoffs.) Pm Commish to organise it.
23: ROOKIE LIMIT: In addition to the above rule about FA selection, if you have three or more rookies for a regular season game, you are entitled to an extra UNlisted FA, regardless of your tournament weight and previous FA selections. This rule applies until you have only two rookies on your team. Pm Commish to organise it.