21 coaches online • Server time: 02:05
Background fluff goes here
Any team that played at least 10 games in the Blackbox Trophy (BBT) season leading up to the Steel Gauntlet tournament. Teams may not have played any games outside the BBT season.
The Steel Gauntlet is run as a 32 team single-elimination knockout tournament with random seeding.
The Steel Gauntlet is different from other majors in that this will run in lockstep with the Blackbox Trophy, and indeed use the trophy as its qualifying system.
After a Blackbox Trophy season has completed, one team from each roster will be given an opportunity to enter the Steel Gauntlet tournament to take the title.
All teams which have played a minimum of 10 games of their trophy run are eligible, and the top team for each roster according to the Blackbox Trophy Team Standings will be offered a spot.
Teams are seeded as follows:
1) Team score, including the played game bonuses. Higher score first.
2) Total score for the squad. Higher score first.
3) Raw number of wins. Higher score first.
4) Time of run completion. Earlier completion first (ie, a team that finishes their 15 games first will have an advantage here.
A couple of extra rules:
- Teams can not play games outside the trophy season the play-off applies to. Doing so will disqualify the team from participating.
- A coach can only bring a single team, and must explicitly opt in to the playoff with each team they wish to have a chance for a spot.
- Teams must be in a "ready to play" or "waiting for tournament" state prior to the draw being made, or they will lose their spot.
Beyond the bragging rights of being a Steel Gauntlet winner, the coach of the winning team will be sent a Blood Bowl Team Box of their choice (real-life prize, selected from the GW store appropriate for the region). For practical reasons, if GW can not ship to the region of the winner, this part of the prize is void.