48 coaches online • Server time: 13:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
albator2001

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a new race proposition for stunty leeg:

Deeper Tombs Team

The Tombs of the Khemri are known to be hazardous places for mortals. The arduous trek across the desert has claimed countless would-be treasure hunters before they reach the tombs. Should one be lucky enough to arrive at a tomb when the vast undead hordes are gone (likely conquering your lands), survival is still doubtful. Few tombs are left unguarded, and those that seem to be include a myriad of clever traps, pits, spike, collapsing floors, poisons of all sorts and worse.

But there are other dangers deep within the tombs.... Deeper than the avarice of treasure seekers takes them.
Among the Khemri are those seen us unfit for war, and they restlessly wander the corridors of the Deeper Tombs.

Ancient Mummies

The enbalming techniques were not always so sophisticated. In the most ancient of tombs, the mummies rising mystically from the dead had so little of the old nervous and muscle systems intact, that even the magical animation of the corpses fails, and they stand motionless for a time, often a minute or two, sometimes days. This unfortunate side-effect of their advanced decay makes them unsuitable for travel with the conquering hordes.

Child Corpses

Not all of the ancient dead lived a full life before being en-tombed. Among the legions of Khemri are children, too small to wield the weapons of their elders, they are also inclined to wander round and round in the depths of the desert, taking out their ageless rage on the few unlucky adventures whose encounters with trap doors drop them into the their clutches, using what weapons they can. Like their "elders", some are more inclined towards missile weapons, and some hand weapons.

Scarabs

Swarms of these small beetles often accompany the Khemri armies, but among the species are larger specimens, too large for their wings to carry the distance to lands for conquest, these bloated insects appear more to leap than fly, but their hunger for living flesh is no less than their smaller brethren.

The increasing popularity of the "Stunty" teams on the Bloodbowl pitch has finally afforded these poor remnants of a lost civilization one last chance of glory. The Ancient Mummies, Child Corpses, and Scarabs take to the pitch, a slow, pondering team, which out-lasts it's opponents.

Updated roster:

0-2 Ancient Mummy 3 5 1 9 Big Guy, Bone Head, Mighty Blow, Regenerate, Throw Team Mate G S 110000

0-2 Child Pharoah 5 2 2 7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Regenerate, Stunty, Hail Mary Pass A P 70000

0-2 Scarab 9 1 4 6 Dodge, Regenerate, Stunty, Foul Appearance, Leap, No hands A 60000

0-16 Child Corpse 5 2 2 7 Dodge, Right Stuff, Regenerate, Stunty A 40000

70K Reroll, No apoth and no wizard allowed.

Credits:

Fluff: Macavity
Ancient mummy, child pharoah and child corpse: Albator2001
Scarab: DonTomaso

Last edited by albator2001 on %b %29, %2007 - %18:%Jun; edited 15 times in total
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

mummies? in stunty? you mean, like big guys but without the negatraits of stupid or some such, I dont know, doesnt seem fair to me, as for the throwlings, with stunty and ag2, the chance of them completing a pass is remote at best, or that could just be me... Anyhow, i think theres enough beatings going on in stunty leeg from big guys who are unreliable, Mummies might even lead me to find a convenient excuse to not be LFG any more :/ (shameful i know)
I dunno, let someone else assess, i have an irrational fear of mummies Smile

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
f0rd

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

10000 cheaper than nurglings and the only difference is the physical on doubles..?

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

then again, flings are 10000 cheaper than Cflings with the only diff being phy on doubles

Its the mummies that worry me

Me Loves Futurama
albator2001

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Mummies haven't TTM skill and only 3 MA. And a lot of big guys have the pro skill.

Mummies are the advantage of the khemrings over the other races.

But khemrings compensate this advantage with their AG 2.

And Throwlings are funny, they can help the team to pickup the ball. And for throwing the ball, strong arm could be cool on doubles ...

Furious_George wrote:
mummies? in stunty? you mean, like big guys but without the negatraits of stupid or some such, I dont know, doesnt seem fair to me, as for the throwlings, with stunty and ag2, the chance of them completing a pass is remote at best, or that could just be me... Anyhow, i think theres enough beatings going on in stunty leeg from big guys who are unreliable, Mummies might even lead me to find a convenient excuse to not be LFG any more :/ (shameful i know)
I dunno, let someone else assess, i have an irrational fear of mummies Smile

Last edited by albator2001 on %b %17, %2005 - %02:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, yeah, i see where your goin with it, but Mummies would skill at a frightening rate, theyre tougher than Minos, smarter than Ogres, quite cheap, and can use RR, which, for me is the clincher

Me Loves Futurama
albator2001

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

In the past, Skinks had 2 saurus and were funny to play. And saurus could use rerrolls ...

Furious_George wrote:
Well, yeah, i see where your goin with it, but Mummies would skill at a frightening rate, theyre tougher than Minos, smarter than Ogres, quite cheap, and can use RR, which, for me is the clincher
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, in the past, but i would retort, where are they now? Saurus aren't strength 5 mighty blow either. Dont get me wrong, im not out to styphol creativity, and psuedo big guy type things, like mechas use RR iirc, so im not against it completley, i can just envision a lot of people having a problem with it
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with Furious, more or less. The mummies are a bit of an issue... maybe nerf the throwlings and make up some fluffy little scarab beetle or something to balance the team?

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok i've modified the mummies. They have now the trait Big Guy.
Jackbedead

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

What is a mummified pygmy called? Shrunken heads and things. Try comming up with a good name for 'em.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I d prefer some regular halfling undeads, he he.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Some propositions of change ?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I want Scarabs!!! 6 1 3 5 Frenzy, Claw, No hands. AG access no idea what the price would be. Fluff-wise, make these guys Khemri children, not halfings from the deep south.... I think if you add the scarabs (maybe 4 max?) you could have a fun team here. I want Scarabs. The throwers off-setting with the 2 AG makes things a bit unique (as opposed to Nurgling Clonish guys). Add Scarabs. Scarabs would make the team. Then argue cost for years, and add 'em to Stunty!!!!

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2005 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like a very nice idea...

But as Mac, I want Scarabs.
But I'd give them:
0-4 9 1 4 6 Dodge, Foul Appearance, Leap, No hands A-acc.
Price? About 30 000, since they can't do anything really, but are really annoying.

They'd be like those annoying things in a Necron (WH40k)- army... Just in the way, annoying, and preventing ballplay.

Jump to: