27 coaches online • Server time: 02:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post It's almost tim...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What would be your preference:
FUMBBL stayed with CRP
30%
 30%  [ 98 ]
FUMBBL stayed with CRP, but used a Team Strength formula
5%
 5%  [ 17 ]
FUMBBL moved to (the hypothetical) LRB 7
44%
 44%  [ 143 ]
FUMBBL scrapped Blood Bowl and started selling pies instead
19%
 19%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 320

legowarrior

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

legowarrior wrote:
This is a change I'd like to see. To reduce the risk of fouling, make it so that if you foul, you are treated as knocked out instead of taken off the pitch. That gives you a chance of getting the player back.

When you use pile on, you are considered to have fouled, so if you roll doubles, you get knocked out.

Claw and Mighty blow don't stack. When breaking armor, you can use one or the other, but not both. You can still use mighty blow for injuries though, if you hadn't used it to break armor.

Claw and pile on can be used on pile on though.
Now, I'm wrong, but how am I wrong.

Did it already. Done. Happy!
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

h0lydiver wrote:
Catalyst, no one picked the old piling on. Plus, you would need a developed player to take advantage of it. That will most likely happen in blitzers with at least 2 skills and non-blitzers with at least 3-4. Do you think people would pick it for a chance to rr injury with roughly 1/3 chance of getting their 150k TV or more player sent off?? It´s not the same having leftover players with piling on from before the change and then finding a way to use them... as giving it to new ones.

I keep thinking no one would do. I mean, people FIRES dirty players that accidentally skill cause they don´t want to risk any more TV than needed.

It should also be noted that those are just my current opinions on what should be changed about 1 aspect of the game. Only a month ago my opinion on how to fix this problem was different but thanks to the input of others and some reasonable debate I have arrived at a different conclusion.
My proposed changes are not on the table to be adopted anywhere. My opinion on this matter as to what should be done is not set in stone. I pose my opinion to further a healthy debate. Something so many people seem to be unable or unwilling to engage in.
stej

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2011 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Old piling on let you re roll armour which wasn't that great so there were other better options people nearly always took first.

New piling on lets you re roll armour and injury which is really good so gets chosen ahead of lots of other skills (more so now some other skills have been nerfed)

What would the numbers look like for piling on to re roll injury only? Will this still be beefy enough to be worth taking but not too beefy to be a no brainer selection.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Apo needs improving at least a little I think. I quite like the d6-1 idea.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Stej: I think that's still too powerful for PO. The benefit from rerolling the Armour rolls is *relatively* small -it's definitely useful but with slow players it can seriously hamper your position (having them prone on the oppo turn is bad enough without them then being unable to catch up.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

New skill idea: mud-wrestle -doesn't lose TZ when prone (?and can block while prone? -I don't *think* that would be OP).

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

comment removed by author

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a thought - donkeys ages ago, rerolling armour and injury rolls was expressly forbidden. It stands to reason that if a skill now offers this possibility, then this limit be removed - in TV terms, spending a RR for potential threat removal sounds fair; that it makes PO look like a bargain is a mere byproduct.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I played in those 'good old days', Colin.
It remember a lot of games where we just removed 1 player each per turn.
I think it was stopped for a reason.
(It was used mostly for fouling, but Piling On + Fang (+4/+2) with Pro and a Team ReRoll was stupidly efficient. Frenzy not capped at 2 blocks made these killers even more reliable.
Colin

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

plasmoid wrote:
I played in those 'good old days', Colin.
It remember a lot of games where we just removed 1 player each per turn.
I think it was stopped for a reason.
(It was used mostly for fouling, but Piling On + Fang (+4/+2) with Pro and a Team ReRoll was stupidly efficient. Frenzy not capped at 2 blocks made these killers even more reliable.

That was rather my point - PO (with Claw + MB) is just as brutal a combination as, for example, my brother's DP + MB fouling Mummies. The main difference being that the current killer combo is restricted primarily to teams with S and M skill access; in the process removing any chance of those rosters employing any other skill combos, despite the choice those teams have. If you want to up the body count, why restrict it to a few chosen rosters? Those 3rd edition bad old days are what led to the least brutal and most successful ruleset (as far as bash v finesse balance) in LRB4.

As I've said before, anything allowing injury rerolls is too good because of the way injury rolls are made. Thus, either fix the skill that gives the reroll, or fix the injury roll (e.g. use d12 instead of 2d6)

Last edited by Colin on %b %31, %2011 - %13:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

PD/MB fouling mummies.

/drool

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
PD/MB fouling mummies.

/drool

For those that don't know, DP stacked with MB to give a +3/+3 modifier on fouls, with rerolls (team or Pro), with no casualty table - 10 was BH, 11 was SI, 12 was dead. Pitch clearance was the norm rather than the exception, as were teams forced to start over.

Since then, we got the armour/injury reroll ban, sigurd's table (now the casualty table) and a host of nerfs to MB, DP, Claw - all in an effort to make perpetual teams viable. The ClawPOMB debacle has undone all that, though we only see the full extent of the problem in BlackBox, where the environment caters to it.

My annoyance at this is twofold:
1) It reinforces the idea that bash = player removal. My belief is that a bash team, with the right skills and coach can win v a team with 11 players on pitch all game.
2) The 2nd edition handbook had some tremendous fluff about how colourful and weird the Chaos All-Stars were. Chaotic teams on FUMBBL are rarely either; the adjectives bland, one-dimensional, nasty and spikey are more fitting.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:

2) The 2nd edition handbook had some tremendous fluff about how colourful and weird the Chaos All-Stars were. Chaotic teams on FUMBBL are rarely either; the adjectives bland, one-dimensional, nasty and spikey are more fitting.

This. Chaos should be forced to take random mutations. It would make sense.
mattwakeman

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2011 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

All skills as random!

\sits in corner
 Jump to: