31 coaches online • Server time: 14:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pbanken

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2005 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy!
No idea if this is the best place to ask, but here we go nevertheless:

I would like to create a unique soundtrack for my team, but I have no idea how the team sounds are working ... What do I have to do in order to setup some wicked effects in case I score, or injure my opponenets?

Thanks for the help!

Pbanken
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2005 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be cool if you could get the crowd to boo when the other team scores.

Jeffro
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2005 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

do you mean just your sounds, or the sounds it plays on your opponent's computer?

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2005 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing to keep in mind is that this will only affect what YOU hear, not what your opponent hears. Sounds don't get sent back and forth between clients. Dialup users would cry and it's a bunch of extra downloading that very few people want or no one needs.

That said, here's how you can set up your own sounds for you to enjoy:

- Make a folder in your /bbowl/sounds/ directory and call it whatever you like - perhaps "lizard" is a sound pack I want to use for my lizardmen teams.
- Find sounds. This is the tough part. If you take a look at the "original" folder and you'll get a list of all the sounds you need.
- Rename the sounds you have made/found to match the ones in the "original" folder. So that your "boo.wav" in the original folder is a boo and the "boo.wav" in your "lizard" folder might be a hiss (naturally).
- Then I'd personally go in and take any sounds I didn't find (let's say you just couldn't find a good, lizardy 'ding') and copy them over from the original to the new folder.

The end result is that you want to have two folders in your sounds directory with identical file names... just the content of the files differs.

Converting whatever sound files to .wav format should be pretty easily done with a number of utilities. Do a simple search on google, versiontracker or sourceforge.

{ edit: Oh yeah. Good point in the next post. In this case, I'd start a game with my lizards and right-click on one of the player portraits (or click on the dialogue box and hit shift+? on my mac, only during my own turn) and change the sound pack from the menu that pops up. The thing is, it will stay on the lizard theme each and every game until I change it again, so if I wanted a different set of sounds, repeat as necessary. }

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %30, %2005 - %00:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
dr_scitt

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2005 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

How does the client then differentiate between the sound directories? (or in the above example would it always use the lizard sounds from then on).
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2005 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

You right click in the player box to bring up the menu and change it from there.