47 coaches online • Server time: 22:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Scurn

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there.
I mixed the original bloodbowlsounds with some of the downladable sounds from fumbbl.com
everything went well.
then, i had the idea to design myself a footballtheme soundpack and started to include some of my own sounds ...
that worked well as well Smile

but then, i changed all of the sounds and now, only four or five sounds are working.
I thought, the new sounds may be too large, they sum up to 1.4 mb, so I changed the sound folder back to original and wanted to exchange them one by one.
I started with the block sound, which worked fine in my very first try, actually, it was the first sound file, i've changed myself.
But even this file does not work anymore.

It's not corrupted or something like that, because it works with a normal wav player, so, can anyone tell me, what the problem is, i have here?
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you checked that all the sound files are correctly named (i dont know if there case sensitive) were you have entered them ?

Apart from that the only advice i can give is to start fresh , but someone more knowledagble than me may be able to help .
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is most likely the file output. BB sound files are 8bit mono 22hz . You need a wav editor to re-save any custom file you to this output to work. You can see the settings by right clicking on one of the original sound files...click on properties...and click the summery tab. There are the numbers. Now just edit the sample to what you want..."save as" and set the outputs and all should work fine.
I also found you usually need to amplify the sample a time or two as well to balance the volume and also to even it out with the originals.

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, that's something to start with, thx for the advice.

edit:
yippieh, that was the problem!
finally, i can play with some great football sounds and john madden as commentator Smile
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2005 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

You actually want to hear Madden? I'm a big proponent of "each to his own" and all, but man... you're a sicko!

Razz

Oh yeah. If you want to share your work with the rest of the world at large and need some help hosting it, just PM or email me and I'll throw it on my site for you. Then you can add it to the downloads section.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

A WAV editor...do those come standard on computers nowadays, or is there someplace to download from?

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Just found this , dont know if its any good , or if your computer would already have something else http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/
Sinner

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

buy it. Download it. Steal it...

I suggest the first though Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I had this kind of odd bug crop up when I was installing new sounds on Paulhicks' computer.

Only way I found to fix it was removing all Javabowl related files from the pc and then re-installing the lot.

(what a pain)

It does seem to be related in some way to files used by Javabowl being located in other areas on the computer (possibly caused by another installation somewhere else). That is just a guess though, based on me having to correct the fault several times.

I've never had any problems on my pc.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
I had this kind of odd bug crop up when I was installing new sounds on Paulhicks' computer.
It does seem to be related in some way to files used by Javabowl being located in other areas on the computer (possibly caused by another installation somewhere else). That is just a guess though, based on me having to correct the fault several times.

I've never had any problems on my pc.

Did you just copy the folder directly from your machine to his? You might want to give it another go and just delete the options.nfo file then restart and reset the options how he'd like them.

It might have been picking up on your preferences and file locations and choking over them because they weren't the same on his machine. Just a thought.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2005 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

No he'd actually tried to set it up hiself and encountered the problem (which obviously makes me less sure of the cause).

I got the whole lot working with stunty icons and alternate sounds after the re-install.