28 coaches online • Server time: 01:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Igvy

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2011 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Instead of hundreds of idea, I see like 15 total. Almost all are just "change this back".

We are being given free reign to come up with anything that would imporve the game! Looks to me like we came up empty.

Put your thinking caps back on. Time to think both inside and outside the box.
Colin

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2011 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Igvy wrote:
Instead of hundreds of idea, I see like 15 total. Almost all are just "change this back".

We are being given free reign to come up with anything that would imporve the game! Looks to me like we came up empty.

Put your thinking caps back on. Time to think both inside and outside the box.

Now that it's clear this is mostly a thought exercise....

1) Switch armour and injury rolls to a single d12, with KOs still on an 8+ (Thick Skull would have to switch back to an additional d6 4+ roll) and Casualties on 11 or 12. Probabilities for KOs and Cas are exactly the same unmodified as shown here - https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al5B3MQ2F4JTdGdSc0hhcnZfT01wMkgtSWNzYnJMbGc&hl=en_GB#gid=0

2) Mutations return to doubles only, and are suitably improved, except for Claw. Most non-Claw mutations are worse than a regular skill, and thus even less popular than when they were doubles. Add new mutations that provide a benefit, but with an additional drawback. E.g. Carapace - the player grows a thick, armoured shell, gaining +2 AV, but the weight of it slows him down, -1MA.

3) Minotaur and Ogre get a price cut. They are overcosted atm.

4) With the reduction in power and likelihood of Clawpomb, Guard gets a nerf - offensively, it doesn't provide an assist, but will nullify an opposing Guard. It works as before when defending blocks and blitzes. I'm open to other ideas to reduce Guard potency. It's always been too good. The idea is to make use of Stand Firm, Guard, Fend, Side Step, Juggernaut and other position related skills more important, increasing the occurrence of tactical bash and counter-bash, instead of simply killing everything.

5) Wood Elves - Catchers to return to their old stat line (no-one bothers with them much now), but Wardancers to get a price increase and/or lose Dodge for a lesser skill.

6) Chaos Dwarfs - lose mutations. They really do not need it.

7) Amazons - rework their roster - Catchers +1MA and +10k, or move to present Human Catcher stats for the same price of 70k. Linewomen lose Dodge and gain Fend and Agility skill access. Blitzers lose Dodge and Strength skills and gain Agility skill access, gaining +1 MA. Consider a fluffy extra positional, expensive, say 8 3 3 7 Shadowing, Juggernaut, Claw GA, about 90k-100k I think. This makes them the only Ag 3 agility team and gives them a speed boost. Their low TV effectiveness is diminished, but increased long term, much as Norse were in LRB 6/CRP v1.

Cool Ogres - Snotlings +1 MA, consider increasing Ogres to 0-8, requires testing!

9) Slann - now they've been tested, look at their costing - are their positionals too expensive or lacking in basic Block or Dodge? Otherwise, awesome concept, love them!

10) Halflings - Take Root - only effects the Treeman for a turn, he can attempt to move again next turn. The Chef should be a permanent feature of the roster, like the Undead Necromancer. To do this, possibly reduce the number of RRs that can be stolen, but make additional chefs induceable for additional steals.

11) Khemri - I think it's been mooted to lose Decay and go to AV8 on Tomb Guardians, sounds fair. Edit: Thick Skull to the positionals also.

12) Piling On - back to adding Strength on AV roll only, though new d12 AV/Inj roll will have diminished effectiveness.

13) Add a new rule to spend money on - Hit the Gym! After a match, the coach may elect to spend 50k. Roll a d6, and on a 4+, may randomly allocate 5 SPP to a player. This is to give teams that develop slowly but die infrequently, like Undead/Necro, something to spend money on.

Last edited by Colin on %b %03, %2011 - %14:%Aug; edited 4 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2011 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:

Cool Ogres - Snotlings +1 MA, consider increasing Ogres to 0-8, requires testing!

It already has in LRB4 and it was fine, they also had goblins at the time as well which were far better than the useless snotlings. So no testing needed imo.

Colin wrote:

11) Khemri - I think it's been mooted to lose Decay and go to AV8 on Tomb Guardians, sounds fair.

Yup and also give thier positionals thick skull as well.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2011 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Rijssiej wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:
The Proposed CLPOMB Fixes Proposed By Various Members of FUMBBL.
blabla

You forgot my suggestion.

Could you repost it, link to it, or restate it here. Thanks.

Rijssiej wrote:
Hero164 wrote:
I'd make stand firm and side step also give immunity to PO.

I would make Catch and Kick off return give immunity to PO. Those skills can use a little boost.

There you go...I always love quoting myself Wink
Qaz

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2011 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Colin wrote:

It already has in LRB4 and it was fine, they also had goblins at the time as well which were far better than the useless snotlings. So no testing needed imo.

Colin wrote:

11) Khemri - I think it's been mooted to lose Decay and go to AV8 on Tomb Guardians, sounds fair.

Yup and also give thier positionals thick skull as well.

I dont really know what I am for except that I liked lrb4.
But is the real nerf to Khemri not the loss of DP? On top of that they got Decay and loss of MB and gen access thown in for a couple of more move.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
maysrill

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2011 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Since we're doing fantasy changes here anyway, here are some I think might work:

Rosters:
1. Chaos - CW and mino remain the same, but beastmen need doubles.
2. Nurgle - same deal as chaos, with the NWs, beast and pestigors. No mutations at all for rotters.
3. Orcs - Remove linemen. Goblins become the new linos
4. Amazons - Gain a big guy. I suggest a krox. +MA on catchers for another 10k cost.
5. Ogres - 0-8 ogres sounds fair. Goblin linemen (snotlings are fail, fale, fael).
6. Slann - Blitzers 100k (might go 90k, but 100k is less severe. Regardless, well overcosted currently)
7. Khemri - Put the TGs back to mummies's stats (call them what you like)
8. Goblins - Add Bombs and a working Fanatic...

Rules/Skills:
9. PO only affects the armor roll
10. Sure Feet works for both GFI and Leap
11. Remove Sneaky Git, change fouling call-off to armor roll only (still doubles)
12. Extra Training costs 80k (still more than any team pays, gives something between 50k and 100k for teams without cheap stars)
Igvy

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2011 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Only thoughts i've had.

1. Snotlings get +1 av. (They currently suck at being alive way too much)
2. Drop the cost of +st on any st1 player. maybe only 20ish tv?
3. Mess with sneeky git somehow, it sucks.
4. Nerf PO somehow.
5a. Make a handful of skills traits, like claw. Make traits able to be taken on a double, even if they don't have access to the skill type normally.
6b. Make some skills be able to be take as a double "Trait", where the skill has full/stronger effect.
Colin

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been thinking about Wild Animal. In it's current form, it quite fails to convey the fury and danger such a monster is capable of, not least to his own teammates.

My thinking is to make it more like OFAB - on a failed WA roll, the player either:
1)blocks or blitzes the nearest friend or foe, or moves into a position to do so,
2)attacks a teammate only, if necessary blitzing even when the team has already blitzed.

In the event of attacking a teammate, any blocking skills that might aid the Wild Anima are used. I'm unsure if the Wild Animal or a teammate being felled by such an attack should result in a turnover, that would need testing.

The latter version has a few issues - does he have to dodge to get at a team-mates, and what if his teammates are out of range? I'm sure their are a few more problems, but it's the only way I can think of to encapsulate the menace and unreliability a Wild Animal would bring to the pitch.

I realise this version would be a nightmare to code, too :S

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Igvy wrote:
6b. Make some skills be able to be take as a double "Trait", where the skill has full/stronger effect.

So for example you would have:

Stand Firm Skill: Can't be pushed
Stand Firm Trait: Can't be pushed & "free" dodges.

Is that the kind of thing you mean?

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

What if failed wild animal resulted in a ball and chain like effect in random directions?

I've always disliked that a raging beast gets so mad that he stands there.... Screw that! Kill Anything that moves!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Aries wrote:
What if failed wild animal resulted in a ball and chain like effect in random directions?

I've always disliked that a raging beast gets so mad that he stands there.... Screw that! Kill Anything that moves!

Need to be a fumble move, not a ball and chain. Moves in random direction up to full move until contacts other player, delivering a block with no assists allowed for WA

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Aries wrote:

Need to be a fumble move, not a ball and chain. Moves in random direction up to full move until contacts other player, delivering a block with no assists allowed for WA

By 'fumble move', I'm guessing that's a single d8 scatter, then full MA or until it hits a TZ?

That's pretty good, and covers what happens if it's already in a TZ - it gives both coaches good reason to give it a wide berth, as it should be! It's also a lot easier to code than my 'nearest target' suggestion - that runs into the same sort of hellish algorithms that Pass Block is mired in.

Some things that may happen:
- The Wild Animal runs off the pitch?
- What happens if he has the ball? Drop it before the scatter and move?
- He hits a teammate and knocks him down. Is it a turnover?
- He hits a teammate with the ball and knocks him down, turnover?
- He fails the block (against friend or foe), turnover? And the same while carrying the ball?

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it could be scatter once for each move, but that seems odd.

I think running into the crowd means automatic stun (no one in the crowd will try and beat THIS guy up) and placement in reserves box.

I think he can keep the ball.

Not a Turnover if knock over team-mate.

If team-mate is ballcarrier, then yes.

Turnover if he falls down.

Also, I think it would be fun to have team-mates able to 'help' pass the roll in some way. That would make you choose between safety and production.

That's top-of-my-head stuff, though. Happy to have it replaced with more logical ideas, should they come forward.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd settle for all those right enough.

As for team-mates helping...would that be by staying well away from the brute?

I can see this returning the thrill of Wild Animals i.e. 'this is probably going to hurt him, it may hurt me, either way, it's going to be interesting' rather than the 'WAAAAAA!!! I want my mummy!!!' WA we currently have.

One last thing - what happens if the WA starts from prone? Lose 3 squares movement?

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2011 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

um.... yes..... (unless he has JU, of course)