21 coaches online • Server time: 03:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smess

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
ok, read the thread. Standard non interesting rehash..

and then..

AND THEN...

The smess thunderbolt. Game conceeded due to girlfriend pressure. We all been there (with the obvious exception of synn, but one day he too may get a girlfriend) but very few have reported back.

Your partner gives every sign of being out/asleep/dead/with your brother and hence you begin a game of BB. SHOCK HORROR OUCH the loved one returns/finishes quickly and DEMANDS YOUR ATTENTION.

It's unfair, it's unreasonable. But then, you are playing an imaginary game using orcs and elves. They are NEVER EVER EVER going to see that as even mildly important, let alone as reasonable for it to take precedance over her/him/it.

What do you do?

Smess conceeded.

Did she care? Did he get his just reward of a major 'adult' session and lifetime commitment to let him game at will without interuption?

Or did she, as i presume, still bitch on about him playing the damn game in the first place?

I DEMAND TO KNOW!

On popular demand, some more details on the situation.

The problem was, that we already had a fight the week before, while I was playing. I told her then that I wanted to finish the game now first, but next time we had a fight during a game, I would quit.
Being a man of my word, that's exactly what I did the next time. Of course it was kinda stupid conceding, I could have just as well asked the guy to finish the game later. But the rule of your stars leaving after concession was only just implemented, and I forgot it was there. Also, I kinda was beyond the point of rational thinking at the time.

Of course at first she was pissed off about me playing, and of course I did get a rant about 'that silly game'. When things calmed down however, she did 'care' about me losing my players, and yes I got some compensation for my loss, as she respected the sacrifice I made (though it took some very very long talking to get to that point).

And here are the three players I lost:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=722378
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=680267
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=914849

Worth it? HELL F***ING YEAH !!!
Voorn

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL, Your lucky. i just keep geting the lectures about playing stupid games with no "compensation". Mad

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Way to go, Smess! My wife is pretty understanding when it comes to Fumbbl, but she's the priority.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I too am curious about Smess' reward. The one time where this happened to me, I stuck with the game, my wife stormed out, and half my team ended up getting killed in the game. Karmic revenge!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The key is to never teach them how to play...... Otherwise they win!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2006 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I love my girlfriend... when she turns up without a warning and I am in the middle of a game, she either let me finish it reading a book or nicely convinces me to end it as possible.
qk

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, wives and girlfriends are there... (thank god)... but kids are worse!

I hardly manage to play 2 games a month...
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2006 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

On each occassion i have conceded a match, it was once for the 'fumbbl academy', and each time i was waiting for a tourney opponent who was late. I obviously warned my opponent in advance that i'm expecting a tourney guy to show up, and that i might concede to get on w that match... so i reckon its fair enough...

the one time i was peeved with a guy conceding was in a tournament... NL Orken Brawl, the whole purpose was to cause as many casualties as possibble (which is why i was playing elves *grin*). I played against a khermi team, and took 5-6 casualties (and the team was wrecked for the rest of the tourney i am proud to announce)... Later in the tourney, an ork coach in the 2nd half, having taken only 1 casualty till that point, conceded...

Ah well, my elves left the tournament with their heads high, and the ork team chickened out as far as i'm concerned... Kudos to me

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Altheus

Post 20 Posted: Feb 15, 2006 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

On the subject of conceding I was playing a game with my lizardmen a couple of days ago when something strange happened.

My opponent won the toss and immediately set up 4 crowd-pushes for me to do.

These I did then blitzed and seriously injured one of his black orcs.

After this he conceded.

At first I thought it was some kind of strategem (Distract my players to the side while running through the middle to score for instance).

Later I thought that it was a bloodbowl basic competence test.

Got me an extra MVP and a pile of cash though so I'm not complaining too much, it was just wierd.

Altheus
origami

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

qk wrote:
Yeah, wives and girlfriends are there... (thank god)... but kids are worse!

I hardly manage to play 2 games a month...

Wives/Girlfriends can be educated/compromised with to the point that they will understand that the game is important to you, even if they personally think that it's silly.

Kids, however...they want your attention, they want all of it, and they want it now. If you want a chance at finishing the game, you'd just better hope that your significant other is around and willing to help out.

The majority of my concessions have come from wife or kids needing my time.
qk

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep!

In my case, my baby girl is just 6 months old... quite hard to negotiate with her! Wink
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I've conceded about a half a dozen times... I've had my opponent conced a couple dozen times.

One of those concessions by me were legitimate (saving a team), the other times were me being really drunk while playing on fumbbl and just being a whingey prick.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Bunny.... You???? Drunk???? Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2006 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
I love my girlfriend... when she turns up without a warning and I am in the middle of a game, she either let me finish it reading a book or nicely convinces me to end it as possible.

hehe she must have seen you posting and convinced you to post it quickly hehe Wink
chunky04

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I concede a lot in Ranked.

Quite frankly I don't really care about ranked game whatsoever.

I'll concede as soon as I really don't want to spend the time to finish the game. The reason can be anything really. Slow opposition, bad luck, using elves, a few deaths, opposition can't play for nuts...