64 coaches online • Server time: 19:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to take on 5+6 on my st5 Saur
+ag
40%
 40%  [ 19 ]
Block
44%
 44%  [ 21 ]
Break Tackle
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Other stupid skills
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 47

Optihut

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2006 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

+AG doesn't help, as picking up the ball with ag1 or ag2 is equally shitty (and should only be done if you can take the turnover and the opponent can't snatch the ball from you).

Break Tackle is nice... as a third skill. Block was the best option, imho, ymmv.
pac

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2006 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
+AG doesn't help, as picking up the ball with ag1 or ag2 is equally shitty (and should only be done if you can take the turnover and the opponent can't snatch the ball from you).

Well, AG 2 is significantly better than AG 1 (3/4 rather than 5/9 with a re-roll is a pretty big difference). Anyone who's played with or against Chaos Dwarves knows how effective fast-moving AG 2 ball-carriers can be. Lizards should be keeping a lot of players around the ball at all times in any case, since handling errors are commonplace on Skinks as well.

And with ST 5, once he's got the ball, how are the opposition going to get it off him? It's a daunting prospect indeed for most teams! He'd score (or even pass!) quite easily to gain SPPs, and quickly (assuming no Ageing) get Block/Sure Hands/Break Tackle to complete the package.

Also, AG 2 is worth having even if you get Break Tackle as well, since BT can only be used once per turn. With AG 2, you will more often manage to make an initial dodge away without needing Break Tackle, enabling you to save it for that cage-breaking dodge later.

If short term competitiveness is the priority for some reason (tournament team, say), then I can understand the decision to take Block. Otherwise, it seems an opportunity missed to me.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2006 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Also theres always the chance this guy could of become a fumbbl legend . What if he rolls 11 next time ? Its unlikely , but if it happened you have just missed out on a st5 ag3 non big guy uber blitzing death/scoring machine

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2006 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

/me claps Pac and Tophat
Smile
Spaceman_Spiff

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

like this one?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2709013
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I rolled +ag on my +ST skink so I got myself a good ballhandler.
Tophat

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2006 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Spaceman_Spiff wrote:
like this one?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2709013

That has to be the scariest team ive ever seen , dont you know rolling 12s is supposed to be difficult for skills
 Jump to: