39 coaches online • Server time: 17:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is your worst fear?
Having ColdFun shoved where it should not be shoved
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Friend Computer may not be my friend
26%
 26%  [ 12 ]
Communism
41%
 41%  [ 19 ]
Bots with RED lasers
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
A world without FunBall
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
The shrill voice of clonebot RT5W
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 46

SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2009 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Rules

The game has some fundamental rules which will not and cannot be broken. They are very general and dictate the manner in which you receive and interpret information.

1) If I wish to communicate with you directly then I’ll put it within a forum quote. This might be because I want to laugh at you or it might be to clarify something.
2) Any text in italics will be an instruction or information given to you directly by the computer. Nothing more, nothing less.
3) Any normal text will be a fact. This might range from the statement that “you may not post in the forum” or “Eye-R-PAC has red hair” to an opinion that “secretly you don’t like the taste of VITA-YUM Chocco Bars”. Facts may not be broken or contradicted although of course you can attempt to lie about them. Facts are always true but may be misleading. Where facts contradict each other the most recent fact always takes precedence.

Please do not quote information you receive via PM, feel free to tell other people about it but please do not quote it. As an example it would be ok to say “I saw Eye-R-PAC bribed Pl-O-RGG with a VITTA-YUM Chocco Bar” but not ok to attempt to prove it with a screenshot of a private message from me. Paranoia really is more fun without the certainty.

This game has a number of default facts. These might be contradicted as the game goes on, where this happens remember that the most recent fact takes precedence.

Finally, here is some advice:
- Inactivity is both unfun and unwise
- Be inventive, innovation is Fun
- Don’t assume anything unless its written in the rules
- The Computer is your friend
- Calling someone by a codename like “pac” might make the computer more suspicious than using their actual name
- Be the best you can be within exactly one standard deviation of average

End of Rules

Default facts:
- You may post in this thread
- You may not communicate with anyone outside of the thread (so no chat or PMs)
- You may communicate with me outside the thread, either to laugh about stuff or to ask for rules clarifications
- Rules questions and fact clarifications are best dealt with outside of the thread
- All times given are BBtime
- You may not perform meaningful actions upon other members of the game. E.g. you cannot say “I strangle pac until dead” and expect it to have any kind of impact on the game (apart from maybe making you look more like a commie traitor)
- If you wish to perform an action then you must PM me and if successful you will be informed as may anyone/everyone else
- You will usually be given a hint if you are allowed to perform an action. Something along the lines of “you have found a VITA-YUM chocco bar, perhaps you can use this to bribe someone with” would be an example.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."

Last edited by SillySod on %b %03, %2009 - %23:%Feb; edited 3 times in total
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2009 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Group Briefing 7V23:
Welcome to research sector UMB. Friend Computer has allocated you a research <classified> codenamed <classified>. In the past you have all proved yourself as loyal members of Alpha Complex through various acts of bravery, heroics, <classified>, and ingenuity. All of you have had notable Fun performing various <classified> <classified> <classified> anti-communist <classified> Fun <classified> <classified>.

You have all been sent to a lab which appears to be remarkably well equipped. The lab is part of a larger self contained facility which you suppose is research sector UMB. There are separate kitchen and comparatively plush dormitory areas in which no expense appears to have been spared. The settings are far more lavish than anything you have ever experienced before in Alpha Complex and some of the beds have actual pillows! The layout of lab itself appears to be the archetypal Communal Fun Open Plan 6 but upon closer inspection you realise that it has been heavily modified to give each researcher a surprising amount of privacy.

The other people who appear to have been assigned to your research team are:
- Zomb-I-GGS is about 5’11” and male. He has brown hair and blue eyes.
- Jan-R-TTS is about 6’02” and male. He has black hair and blue eyes.
- Duke-Y-RON is about 6’01” and male. He has black hair and brown eyes.
- Dann-Y-BOI is about 6’04” and male. He has brown hair and blue eyes.
- Veron-V-RON is about 5’10” and male. He has ginger hair and brown eyes.
- Circula-R-LGC is about 6’01” and male. He has black hair and blue eyes.
- Kry-V-TEN is about 6’00” and male. He has brown hair and brown eyes.
- Wyrm-Y-WTF is about 5’09” and male. He has brown hair and blue eyes.
- Sy-R-SIX is about 5’11” and male. He has black hair and brown eyes.
- Reis-R-DER is about 5’08” and male. He has black hair and brown eyes.
- Chee-O-EEE is about 6’02” and male. He has brown hair and blue eyes.
- Kry-I-TEE is about 5’10” and male. He has brown hair and blue eyes.

As you all look around and introduce yourselves another loudspeaker activates:

Group Briefing 7V24:
You have been assigned to project codename <classified>. All <classified> you have <classified> <classified> <classified> clearance <classified> <classified> level 1. <classified> <classified> five areas of research The Computer wants <classified> to look into. These are:
- Chemical Analysis
- Emission Analysis
- Explosive Analysis
- Biophysical Reaction Analysis
- Anthropometrical Analysis
You must each submit a report detailing <classified> form of study you have conducted each day. <classified> <classified> <classified> is to <classified> a <classified> <classified> <classified>; this is <classified> <classified> <classified> <classified> Friend Computer. <classified> will <classified> Fun.

You see that there are piles and piles of forms everywhere... what you thought were research notes on each workstation are actually stacks of project status reports. Each day you should send me a PM stating which brand of analysis you have been studying (this is pretty important).

Note that the people who are about to be introduced as troubleshooters should not send me research reports as they are not there to do any research. They should feel free to talk about it though.

Group Briefing 7V25:
Greetings researchers, it has come to the attention of Friend Computer that some of you may be members of secret societies, mutants, or maybe even communists! As you know these are treason and punishable by death. As a consequence I have allocated three troubleshooters to monitor research project <classified>. Avi-B-AVN, Foul-Y-KGM, and Spig-G-LEE are all here for your Fun and protection. If at any point you suspect someone of being a traitor then simply submit a traitor report form detailing the person accused and describing your reasons for suspicion. If you realise you were in error then you may submit a similar form detailing your withdrawal of former accusations. There will be a traitor execution time every day when Friend Computer will process the forms. If you still suspect a person of being treacherous after this time then please submit a new traitor report form.

You see two stacks of forms, one is titled “Traitor Report Form” and the other bears the heading “Mistaken Suspicions Form”. Both contain a small box labelled “Name” and a rather larger box labelled “Mandatory Bonus Evidence”. To submit these forms simply post a name in the thread in bold text along with the accusation and accompanying evidence.
Traitor execution time will be at 1.00am every Tuesday-Saturday. The first executions will be at 1.00am on Thursday.

The three troubleshooters introduce themselves...
- Avi-B-AVN is about 5’11” and male. He has black hair and brown eyes.
- Foul-Y-KGM is about 6’03” and male. He has brown hair and blue eyes.
- Spig-G-LEE is about 6’00” and male. He has black hair and blue eyes.

Group Briefing 7V26:
Friend Computer has assigned several members of the group Mandatory Bonus Missions. These are Fun and not to be taken lightly.
Kry-I-TEE is the Head of Research
Dann-Y-BOI is your Happiness Officer
Circula-R-LGC is your Loyalty Officer
Reis-R-DER is your Hygiene Officer

Friend Computer is happy to remind citizens that mutant registration is Fun. Failure to register mutations is treason (you will be terminated if you are discovered to have any un-registered mutations).

More forms! These are done publicly in the main thread like traitor report forms. Please follow the following format:
- Give it a nice bold heading: Register Mutation
- State/describe mutation
- Complete the sentence “Having a mutation makes me feel ______”
- Complete the sentence “It makes me feel _____ to eat a Happy Tummy energy bar”
Remember that once your mutation is registered it cannot be unregistered.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."

Last edited by SillySod on %b %04, %2009 - %01:%Feb; edited 4 times in total
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2009 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Silly-U-SOD wrote:
Hi all, I'll be communicating with you like this for the rest of the game if I want to leave any personal messages (as per rules... you reead those right? Very Happy).

Everyone should have a PM by now, anyone that dosent should PM me. Game on!

Soulmask

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello fellow citizens! Your happiness officer speaking. Have fun, Enjoy your job! I'm able to authoritize prescriptions of biochemical supplements to ensure fun times for all.

What makes a cat which subtains an injury?
Mee-OWCH
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all! I am Foul-Y-KGM. Now listen up!
What we do is imporrtant. We all know this and hopefully we will all get Fun. Keep up the good worrk and let me know of any suspicious trrouble.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Alpha Complex citizen.
I am Wyrm-Y-WTF. Keep in mind that what we do here is Fun and important for happiness.
On this, let's all have Fun.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

This is SO going to be Fun!
Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha... Dann-Y.. that`s a good one. I`m positive, that we can bring our very important project to an successful end.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Duke-Y-RON reporting in for Fun, Happiness and the Computer way Very Happy
spiggle

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings fun loving Alpha Complex Citizens.
I am Spig-G-LEE, remember to have FUN
The computer is our friend and the source of all our happiness

Get Orcs Out of Faction.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

/me starts sticking Funny Motivational Posters to the lab's walls.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Fellow Citizens. I am so happy that we are together on this fun mission. Lets have lots of fun and perform this mission greatly for Friend Computer.

I am Reis-R-DER, you Hygiene Officer. Please remember that it is important that all mutation is <classified>. Please help my fulfill my fun job by co-operating with me and obey the fun-laden rules of Friend Computer, the source of our happiness.
krytie

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings from Kry-I-TEE, your Head of Fun Research. Please ensure we all have maximum fun by completing your Fun Research Forms to Friend Computer on time each day. Failuer to do so will reduce everyone's Fun.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone! Veron-V-RON here, I am delighted to be here with such motivated, Computer-loving fellow citizens!

*double checks where the “Traitor Report Forms” are located, just in case*
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2009 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to see morre happy citizens arre up and about. Keep out of trrouble. Have a good, non-Communist filled day and do yourr jobs.

/Foul-Y-KGM