16 coaches online • Server time: 04:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
clarkin

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2009 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The team's looking better already, though your two games after being decimated were both against ogres (ouch!!). How'd you get on?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2009 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogre TS is fairly messed up but it isnt really an advantage for the ogres - they only have a beneficial TS for a relatively brief time and generally only if they have good skill rolls.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2009 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Its more the fact that because of the TR/TS difference they seem more likely to be paired up with someone with a couple of mng players.
odi

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2009 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

So far I've done it many time with my skaven team. So it is doable, but you have to get rid of all your high spp players to do it...
treborius

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2009 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
but did you know, that many races cannot get a 2d block on an ogre squard, due to mass guard/ST5? That means that they have to start dodging right away, which is more unreliable, than your blockless 2d block.

yes, actually i did Wink
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2009 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I am still uncertain if these will make it. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=526541 Just retired another saurus that age niggled :/.

-Mnemon
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
I am still uncertain if these will make it. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=526541 Just retired another saurus that age niggled :/.

-Mnemon

Have you ever thought about not retiring every niggled player?

Healthy team > Team with nigglers > Team very undermanned

TS wise, a niggled player has his real value.

Niggling is very detrimental to a team because of Virus. Stop fearing the niggles Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

if you have a 6 man squad, you should NOT fire nigglers. only do it if you have 11 :/
neophyte

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

i am not sure but could it be that some teams are harder to rebuild than other ? Rolling Eyes
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

neophyte wrote:
i am not sure but could it be that some teams are harder to rebuild than other ? Rolling Eyes

yes some teams are harder to rebuild then others.
But why retire a niggle and put a healthy player on the LOS?
If the niggler only has 1 or 2 skills and only a single niggle, then he is perfect LOSfodder.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes and no. That player was a Saurus on its third skill. I did keep the one or the other niggler with special skills (frenzy/standfirm) but at least in the case of Saurus feel they are so important for the team that one (or more ... where do you draw the line if you are undermanned?) niggles out things are getting even more nasty.

It's not about virus. It's about missing 1/6th of their games (more/less), which defacto means my TR/TS drops a significant amount each time it happens (especially when a skilled one goes of ... and one that had Mblow and thus was likely to increase his TR further). I might keep niggled skinks around, but then ... not really.

-Mnemon
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The Ts is reduced by 1/6, so each game where he plays, he's an extra little bonus and when he misses, he's a big minus. In average, it evens out.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The fewer players you have, the more TS seems to be overestimated, so I'd keep nigglers on teams with few players most of the time.
Paragon

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
The team's looking better already, though your two games after being decimated were both against ogres (ouch!!). How'd you get on?

After 7 rather unbalanced games, I'm happy to say I'm back up to 11 players. My record during rebuilding is the rather poor (0/2/5), and the two I tied were very very lucky. Despite my unbalanced TR (which is still unbalanced because of Ilmarinen), I only played Ogres twice, with two games versus Chaos Dwarfs, and one game a piece against Orcs, Khemri, and Dwarfs. I did not come across any bashed up teams, and gave up several handicaps instead. This was one of the hardest parts about recovery -- I don't know how many times I got Morley's, It Wasn't Me, and I am the Greatest, which made it very hard to put up any defense or mount any serious offense...

I can't say the team is in good shape yet, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Emeyin

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2009 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that was my experience trying to rebuild a team in the Box. Giving up handicaps most of the time and having a player miss the game due to Morley's, I am the Greatest or It Wasn't me when you are already down three players from the start. I don't care how skilled up your guys are when you only have seven players. The other guy can trade players all day and you lose the battle of attrition.

Long story short, if you don't mind losing several games then you can rebuild a team no problem. I just don't like losing.

Paragon wrote:
clarkin wrote:

After 7 rather unbalanced games, I'm happy to say I'm back up to 11 players. My record during rebuilding is the rather poor (0/2/5), and the two I tied were very very lucky. Despite my unbalanced TR (which is still unbalanced because of Ilmarinen), I only played Ogres twice, with two games versus Chaos Dwarfs, and one game a piece against Orcs, Khemri, and Dwarfs. I did not come across any bashed up teams, and gave up several handicaps instead. This was one of the hardest parts about recovery -- I don't know how many times I got Morley's, It Wasn't Me, and I am the Greatest, which made it very hard to put up any defense or mount any serious offense...

I can't say the team is in good shape yet, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
 Jump to: