62 coaches online • Server time: 20:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Have you ever played a JavaBBowl game using FUMBBL rosters without the option or intent of uploading the results?
Yes, I have played for fun rather than results.
64%
 64%  [ 75 ]
No, all my games have been included in the advancement of my team.
35%
 35%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 117

BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty simple. Have you ever played without the possibility of team progression, just for the fun of an hour well-spent with a friend from FUMBBL?

After mymLaban's and AvatarDM's comments in this thread, I'm curious how many others have done so.

I have and I still couldn't kill off friggin' Womanslayer, even with the gloves off, so to speak. Anyone else?

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I admit, when I first started here for the first 7-8 months I was a ranking WHORE. Team advancement, cherry picking, acting like Jahiria, you name it. Then I had some personal problems and realized what the game was all about. I would have a few drinks, put on the metal radio station, play guys like HeadsUp, etc and just have a blast! I still win alot, but not as much. But I now enjoy the game more. A few exceptions in COSM of course.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, i do it most of the time. Actually, often, i will post for looking for a game and take the first offer, without even looking at my opponent s team! Done so so many times i can t count

Sometimes i am a little more competitive, but foremost, i play for fun and love of the game
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe i only whored for a few weeks till i found out i suck... now im going for the top 10 list Smile)))

this http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=943081 is close now Smile))) but saruman the cherry picker got a better one Razz j/k ofcourse
Morgion

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

well im the only dude that voted he plays to win. thats just my personality... however i do enjoy playing this game i just like to win and get better at things so being a new player that is my main goal atm Smile

Post 21 Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Morgion wrote:
well im the only dude that voted he plays to win. thats just my personality... however i do enjoy playing this game i just like to win and get better at things so being a new player that is my main goal atm Smile

sounds good keep it up Smile i have played 400 games very shortly after i found out my 1 true love BB was online !
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i wanted to do it a few days ago because im sure that my divx team cannot play against my mate Thunderhammers R team but i wanted to cause i know/hope i can win heheh, and no matter what it would say cannot upload.
SyberCat

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I typically play for fun, but I also play to win. It's not mutually exclusive.

On the other hand, I have two teams that I could care less about the results for - my Goblins and my Snotlings... those are what I call for when I'm looking for a funny game.

Hmm - I wonder if this is the first post I've ever managed to put up since I've joined.

<shugs> Ahh well,
-'Lina (aka SyberCat)
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

SyberCat wrote:
I typically play for fun, but I also play to win. It's not mutually exclusive.

Good kitty. Here's your processed, fortified, reconstituted fish guts from a can as a reward.

It's not a question of whether or not you try to win, it's a question of whether you have or would play a game without uploading the results. An "exhibition" game. A non-FUMBBL game with someone that you happened to have met here.

As an example, when Dragoonkin finally popped his head back in here a while back, I had to get a game in against Dark Souls. This was just after the +- 40 TS rule came in and he was high enough above me that we could not possibly upload the results. Neither of us cared and so we played a game for fun. We both played to win but not for spps, advancement, rating, ranking, etc...

By the way, I got Virus as a handicap and smoked him 4-2, I think. Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

yar i just play for fun,
my fun, which involves lots of killing,............
mojo cheats anyway Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2004 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
Pretty simple. Have you ever played without the possibility of team progression, just for the fun of an hour well-spent with a friend from FUMBBL?

No. Why? For me one of the best aspects of BB, mordheim(if I would play it) and necromunda IS the team progression. Players get better and better, they do heroics and I get attached to them. I still have fond memories of 2 of my necromunda gangers, one being close combat MANIAC who was near unstobbable(in my so far last necromunda game he was attacked by 4 opposing gangers, I took out 3 of enemy, 4th took my ganger with some lucky rolling) but who, without even stubb gun, couldn't attack anybody without getting to combat and funnily enough nobody dared to enter combat with him Laughing . Another ganger I have fond memories was the 2 autopistol gung-ho ganger who could shoot both of his guns, on the run. Just soooo cowboy style(infact I have modeled him cowboy hat Laughing ).

Without team progression all 3 of these games would be much more...tasteless for me. I don't mind winning or losing but I DO want to see team progression over time. IMO there are better games for run of the mill games than BB, necromunda or mordheim.
Chappy

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2004 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Diamond5119 wrote:
Yeah, i do it most of the time. Actually, often, i will post for looking for a game and take the first offer, without even looking at my opponent s team! Done so so many times i can t count

Sometimes i am a little more competitive, but foremost, i play for fun and love of the game

I couldn't of said it better myself. That's what I've been doing myself. I fnd some sick enjoyment on watching my best players die too.
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2004 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I use exibition games alot when preparing for a tournament. For example, I hadn't played dwarves in a long time and was playing them in the Stable league. After finding out which team I was playing against, I loaded up their roster ( a pretty standard CD team) and turned off the FUMBBL sign in and played a couple scrimmage matches. This not only helped me refamiliarize myself with dwarves, it let me take a look at the choas dwarves(since i've never played them).

On a number of occasions I've loaded up one of the legendary teams on FUMBBL and just enjoyed having them pummel my teams.

Either with friends or in stand-alone.
Erebos

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2004 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

what would BB be without playing for fun...

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2004 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Played the boardgame two days ago for the first time in a long while. Just grabbed the box and the standard orcs and humans thing. Cliché, but I had a blast. Best game I played in weeks (despite getting my ass kicked and my humans spending most of their time in the dug-out).